Five Guys Burgers & Fries Shift Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Five Guys Burgers & Fries Shift Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at Five Guys Burgers & Fries

2.0

Anonymous Employee in Tallahassee, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Five Guys Burgers & Fries (Tallahassee, FL).

Interview

You have to go through a 3-5 day process of getting you "Burger Associates" which consists of multiple, very descriptive videos of how to cook and assemble burgers, fries, and french fries. Then study to get your ServSafe. One that is finished you will be reviewed by one of the corporate district managers during a shift to see if you can cook, delegate, and deal with customers properly. Once this long process is over you receive your red shirt (manager shirt).

Interview Questions

• I cannot remember if there were any trick/unexpected questions   Answer Question

Negotiation

Don't be afraid to push your salary, or hourly rate and MAKE sure you get it! Meaning check you clock slips, and check the online site where you can check how much you get paid.

Other Interview Reviews for Five Guys Burgers & Fries

Anonymous Employee in South Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Five Guys Burgers & Fries (South Seattle, WA) in February 2015.

Interview

Quick, painless, not really a very thorough process, but they are more interested in what you've done in the past that's somewhat related. I will add that after working here, this job is not for the lazy, slow or weak people! This is a very work hard kind of place, but of course, that's if you're actually doing what needs to be done, and not just standing there.

Interview Questions

• What are your long-term goals.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Five Guys Burgers & Fries (Memphis, TN) in May 2015.

Interview

I interviewed with Ms. J. Cary and she was very professional …..very forthcoming asked all the right questions gave wonderful feedback and answered all of my questions. Ms. Cary made me feel as though working at 5 guys is the thing to do and place to be! Now I'm excited and can't wait to know the outcome!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albuquerque, NM

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Five Guys Burgers & Fries (Albuquerque, NM) in May 2012.

Interview

Polite, nice company, but hired for GM then given only AGM. No explanation was offered. Training was in WV paid two weeks. Hiring guys were personable and made you feel at ease.

Interview Questions

Hired for GM then only given AGM with no explanation as to why.

Shift Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Five Guys Burgers & Fries in December 2015.

Interview

The first contact was a call and an email but I couldn't get to the phone because I had another job. I replied to the email and called to set up an interview. The interview was an hour before the store opened and lasted about half an hour. I was interviewed separately by both the General Manager and the franchised operator.

Interview Questions

• Why Five Guys?   Answer Question
    • What were the responsibilities of my previous management positions?   Answer Question
    • Do I have a servsafe certification?   1 Answer
    • Have I ever eaten at Five Guys before.   1 Answer
    • Am I able to keep calm at a high volume situation and direct a team to get orders out efficiently.   Answer Question

Negotiation

When I applied I already had two years experience in supervision. I was also hired immediately. So my offer was a lower wage to get ready for the Five Guys management certification and learning how to do the job there. I got to negotiate my hours and was able to get 40 hours consistent as a full time manager. I was also promised two opening shifts, two closings, and one mid shift every week.

Anonymous Employee in Cinnaminson, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Five Guys Burgers & Fries (Cinnaminson, NJ) in October 2013.

Interview

The DM Terry called me in for an interview, which was great and formal and asked alot of great questions and was extremely friendly, The second interview was a horror show! The lady who they had me speak to was extremely immature asked questions on loyalty about her cause she doesnt have the love her associates. During the interview processes I have seen her whole staff grabbing my resume passing it back and forth while saying remarks with me sitting no more then feet away, also keep in mind the women performing the interview was well aware of everything.

Interview Questions

• If your fellow managers and associates talk alot of smack about me what will you do.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Five Guys Burgers & Fries (San Jose, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

Very simple, experience is desired by the manager. As someone who later went on to interview people for crew positions and manager positions, it's a matter of smiling, being presentable and giving simple examples--don't go over the top and say this is your dream job.

Interview Questions

• Can you think of a time you handled a stressful situation?   Answer Question
    • What do you feel would be your greatest strength here?   Answer Question
    • What do you feel would be your greatest weakness here?   Answer Question