Five Rings Capital Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Five Rings Capital Interview Questions

Updated Apr 26, 2017

3.6

Quantitative Researcher Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Five Rings Capital.

Interview

Horrible interview process... The HR officer showed up about 40 minutes late than the scheduled time. The voice was really really low and she spoke so quickly that I can hardly follow what she said. I just wonder if the HR can do this kind of questions by herself. Please, show some respect to your interviewees if you really want to get talented people.

Trading Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Five Rings Capital.

Interview

I applied through my college, and received an email about 2 months later to schedule a first round screening. It was a phone interview, and there were three parts to it. First, compliance, then behavioral, then math. For the math questions, I couldn't use a calculator or computer, but could use pencil and paper. I had 15 seconds to answer each question, which the interviewer repeated twice, and then reminded me when I had 5 seconds left. I was told that I should answer all questions within 15 seconds or it would severely impact my ability to pass the math section. There were 6 questions. I then was told that my answers would be reviewed and I would be contacted about whether I had moved on to the next round of screenings.

Interview Questions

• Why trading, specifically at five rings?
      Are you applying to any other internships currently?
      Do you have any pending offers?
      If not trading, what do you want to do?

Quant Research Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Five Rings Capital.

Interview

10 minutes phone interview
    3 behavioral questions
    4 math questions
    behavioral:
    1. why this position?
    2. what do you want to learn from this position?
    3. if not finance, which area you would work in
    4. "50 hours a week and your salary is X which is good enough for your life. if you can get 75%*X of salary per extra hour, how many more hours are you willing to devote? if you can get 200%*X for each extra hour, how many more hours?" this is a behavioral question, not the math question
    Math:
    1. ln(414)
    2. 1^3+2^3+....+10^3
    3. integral x^x from 1 to 2

Interview Questions

• I did not get the last behavioral question in the mathematical way rather than the behavioral way, and HR kindly repeat the question for like two times.
      1. 5.9
      2. (n(n+1)/2)^3
      3. 2 (the area under x^x from 1 to 2 geometrically)
      Ask if you have any questions for them at the end, recommend prepare some questions.

Trader Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Five Rings Capital.

Interview

The interview was about 30 min long. Why do you want to become a trader, estimate ln(303), what are the prime ln?circumference of earth ? Using a standard briefcase measures how many bills can you fit into a brief case?

Interview Questions

• Are you interviewing at any other firms?   Answer Question
    • The interview was about 30 min long. Why do you want to become a trader, estimate ln(303), what are the prime ln?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Five Rings Capital (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

The interview lasts 15min, 3 behavior questions + 5 technical questions( 15s each, no calculators).
    The HR is really nice but the questions are kind of hard.
    behavior questions:
    1. why trader?
    2. what other industry do you want to work if not in finance?
    3. suppose you work 50hours/week and your salary is X which is good enough for your life. if you can get 75%*X of salary per extra hour, how many more hours are you willing to devote? if you can get 200%*X for each extra hour, how many more hours?

Interview Questions

• technical questions:
      1^3+2^3+3^3+...+10^3 ?
      ln(514) ?
      3^3.6 ?
      the cubic root of 517 ?
      integral from 1 to 2 of X^x ?

Trading Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Five Rings Capital (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

The HR that you will be speaking with will be talking extremely quick, so make sure to pay close attention to what she will be asking. As with any interview, the interviewer will ask you few behavioral/standard questions, but will shift to the more technical aspect of it. The questions are rather simple arithmeitc questions, and you will have only 15 seconds to answer them. Whether you have an answer or not, say something at the end. These questions are to see how you will fair in a real work environment, where you will have to be quick with numbers. Overall the experience is quite enjoyable, and really shows you what to expect for when you apply to a top notch firm like this

Quant Trader Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Five Rings Capital in February 2017.

Interview

The interview forgot to call me as agreed on the time. The interview consists of the math parts and the behavioral parts. The math questions are not too bad, behavioral basically covers why trading, why company...etc

Interview Questions

• why trading; why five rings; what would you do if you are not a trader?   Answer Question

Trader Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Five Rings Capital.

Interview

The first round phone screening consists of "why five rings why trading" questions and math calculations with only 15 sec. time limit for each. It was really hard to catch up with the HR and she actually count down 15 seconds when you make the answer, be sure you have the answer before the countdown ends!!!

Interview Questions

• the sum of 1^3+2^3+....10^3   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Five Rings Capital (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

Conducted a first round interview which lasted about 15 minutes. Involved some compliance and behavioral questions followed by 7 or 8 mental math questions for which you have 15 seconds each (the recruiter counts down the time).

Interview Questions

• Why trading?
      Where do you see yourself working outside of trading?
      Sum of first 10 (odd/even) cubes?
      integral of x^x from 1 to 2.
      3^3.4

Quantitative Trader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Five Rings Capital (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

First round a phone interview consisting of behavioral and math-estimation questions. Why Five Rings Capital, why quantitative trader and which career would you pursue if not a trader. The math questions should be answered in 15 seconds and each question was stated twice.