Five Rings Capital Trader Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 4, 2017

3.5

32 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Trader Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Five Rings Capital.

Interview

First round the lady who interviewed me seemed very nice at first and very sweet. But as she began asking me the questions (pretty much the same exact questions that everyone has been posting) she would only give me 15 seconds and she was very rude to me.

Interview Questions

• same as what other people have been saying.

-how many people died in the States last year
    -how many Americas traveled to Asian last year
    -integrals, cubes, ...   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Five Rings Capital

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Five Rings Capital (New York, NY) in November 2017.

Interview

I recieved a call from the lady, she seemed nice. The entire format seems pretty odd. First a few questions about salary, behavioral questions, and then technicals. Was asked to estimate weights and things like that, they wanted exact answers and didn't care for your reasoning for the most part. And then there were some math puzzles and things like that. You are only given a certain amount of time before you must answer.

Trader Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Five Rings Capital.

Interview

30-minute interview with first behavioral questions and then approximation problems and math questions. Approximation problems should provide an answer within 20 seconds and math questions should provide an answer within 30 seconds. You cannot use a calculator during the whole process.

Trader Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Five Rings Capital in October 2017.

Interview

Ask work authorization first. Some background questions. Ask typical fit questions. Why are you interested in the trading? Why you apply to this position? 10 math questions. no estimation questions . Some statistics data info need to know.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in the trading? Why you apply to this position? How many water bottle consumed for an American adult per year? The temperature change over 24 hrs in the US? Average life expectancy of female?   Answer Question

Trader Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Five Rings Capital in September 2017.

Interview

Applied through university's employment website. Got contacted about first round phone screen around 10 days later. The first round was conducted by a very nice but to the point HR person.

Interview Questions

• A series of logic estimation questions: each one is related to others around it.   Answer Question
    • Behavioral questions like why trading, how much time would you put in additionally for an increase in wages   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Five Rings Capital (New York, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

Got a phone call for the first round and answered a series of logic, math, and estimation questions. These were very quick and needed no explanation.

The second interview was another phone call, this time with a trader. We went through a probability game scenario.

Interview Questions

• Log(112)
      X^X = 100
      How much does a giraffe weigh?

Probability game was a roulette scenario and had to use expectation to solve.   1 Answer

Trader Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Five Rings Capital in May 2017.

Interview

I applied online and got a phone interview (I was informed by phone although I did provide the email). By the time the HR called me it was 15 mins past the scheduled time. Questions are about estimation and I wasn't expecting that. Never hear a word from them after that. Everything seems quite unprofessional.

Trader Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Five Rings Capital.

Interview

The interview was about 30 min long. Why do you want to become a trader, estimate ln(303), what are the prime ln?circumference of earth ? Using a standard briefcase measures how many bills can you fit into a brief case?

Interview Questions

• Are you interviewing at any other firms?   Answer Question
    • The interview was about 30 min long. Why do you want to become a trader, estimate ln(303), what are the prime ln?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Five Rings Capital (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

The interview lasts 15min, 3 behavior questions + 5 technical questions( 15s each, no calculators).
    The HR is really nice but the questions are kind of hard.
    behavior questions:
    1. why trader?
    2. what other industry do you want to work if not in finance?
    3. suppose you work 50hours/week and your salary is X which is good enough for your life. if you can get 75%*X of salary per extra hour, how many more hours are you willing to devote? if you can get 200%*X for each extra hour, how many more hours?

Interview Questions

• technical questions:
      1^3+2^3+3^3+...+10^3 ?
      ln(514) ?
      3^3.6 ?
      the cubic root of 517 ?
      integral from 1 to 2 of X^x ?   Answer Question

Trader Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Five Rings Capital.

Interview

The first round phone screening consists of "why five rings why trading" questions and math calculations with only 15 sec. time limit for each. It was really hard to catch up with the HR and she actually count down 15 seconds when you make the answer, be sure you have the answer before the countdown ends!!!

Interview Questions

• the sum of 1^3+2^3+....10^3   1 Answer