Five Rings Capital Trader Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 16, 2017

3.3

24 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Trader Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Five Rings Capital in August 2017.

Interview

After receiving an e-mail, l was scheduled for an phone interview with a very rude lady. I asked for accommodations during the interview because of a permanent disability, and the lady told me l quote :
"Five Rings is NOT a place for people with disabilities."
When l tried to explain that the American Disabilities Act requires Five Rings Capital to provide accommodations to people with disabilities, the lady laughed at me.
I don't recommend this firm to anyone . I advise management to this rude lady. Her initials are I.V .

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Five Rings Capital

Trader Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Five Rings Capital.

Interview

The interview was about 30 min long. Why do you want to become a trader, estimate ln(303), what are the prime ln?circumference of earth ? Using a standard briefcase measures how many bills can you fit into a brief case?

Interview Questions

• Are you interviewing at any other firms?   Answer Question
    • The interview was about 30 min long. Why do you want to become a trader, estimate ln(303), what are the prime ln?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Five Rings Capital (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

The interview lasts 15min, 3 behavior questions + 5 technical questions( 15s each, no calculators).
    The HR is really nice but the questions are kind of hard.
    behavior questions:
    1. why trader?
    2. what other industry do you want to work if not in finance?
    3. suppose you work 50hours/week and your salary is X which is good enough for your life. if you can get 75%*X of salary per extra hour, how many more hours are you willing to devote? if you can get 200%*X for each extra hour, how many more hours?

Interview Questions

• technical questions:
      1^3+2^3+3^3+...+10^3 ?
      ln(514) ?
      3^3.6 ?
      the cubic root of 517 ?
      integral from 1 to 2 of X^x ?   Answer Question

Trader Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Five Rings Capital.

Interview

The first round phone screening consists of "why five rings why trading" questions and math calculations with only 15 sec. time limit for each. It was really hard to catch up with the HR and she actually count down 15 seconds when you make the answer, be sure you have the answer before the countdown ends!!!

Interview Questions

• the sum of 1^3+2^3+....10^3   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Five Rings Capital (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

Conducted a first round interview which lasted about 15 minutes. Involved some compliance and behavioral questions followed by 7 or 8 mental math questions for which you have 15 seconds each (the recruiter counts down the time).

Interview Questions

• Why trading?
      Where do you see yourself working outside of trading?
      Sum of first 10 (odd/even) cubes?
      integral of x^x from 1 to 2.
      3^3.4   Answer Question

Trader Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Five Rings Capital in January 2017.

Interview

It was a phone interview, an HR lady. Asked about some basic questions like when graduate, how many hours would you like to work per week, then 5 math questions, each one got 15 seconds to think and then respond. She would notify you when there were 5 seconds left.

Trader Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Five Rings Capital in December 2016.

Interview

First round HR phone interview with very little fit questions. Moved quickly into probability, estimation and expected value questions. Given 15 seconds to answer each question and given no feedback on your answer. Second round was a trader who described a game and walked you through it as you gave answers. No introduction or anything, jumped right into the game

Trader Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Five Rings Capital in November 2016.

Interview

I applied online. Next week, I had a first-round phone interview. This interview consisted of a bunch of estimation questions, like how many bills could fit into a suitcase, how many deaths were there in the US in 2011, and what is the circumference of the Earth in miles. I had no idea how to answer these, and just guessed. The woman on the phone told me that these questions were to simulate the trading environment, where you have to think quickly on your feet. After the phone conversation, she sent me a link to an online math test, which I had to complete right then. This was very easy, like SAT math questions, and only took 15 minutes. Next week, I had a second round phone interview, consisting of one very difficult math question involving probability and determining the expected outcome of a game which was described to me. I struggled a lot with this question, and never heard back, so I probably did poorly.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Five Rings Capital (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

First had a screen with HR, then had a technical phone round with an actual trader. The HR screen was quick probability questions, the trader interview was one long card game question.

Interview Questions

• If you have four cards and were to bet based upon suits while flipping them one at a time while trying to minimize variance, how would you do it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

phone interview
    Why finance?
    Other career interests?
    Would you accept a $1M a year job that you hate or work in finance and have a entry-level salary?
    How many bills can fit into a suitcase?
    What is the cube root of 51?

Interview Questions

• some basic algorithm questions
      Why finance?
      Other career interests?
      How many bills can fit into a suitcase?
      What is the cube root of 51?   Answer Question