Flatiron Construction Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Flatiron Construction Interview Questions

Updated Mar 2, 2017

2.3

Field Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Flatiron Construction.

Interview

Applied to the position online, and I heard back about scheduling an interview within a week. Had a Skype interview with 2 people (one human resources representative, and one engineer), and the interview lasted about 20 minutes.

Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Flatiron Construction (New York, NY).

Interview

After a phone interview, I was called in for an in person interview. Couple people on the panel with pretty straightforward questions. They were super friendly and non-intimidating, which made the process easier.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Flatiron?   1 Answer

CAD Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Longmont, CO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Flatiron Construction (Longmont, CO).

Interview

Met with Chief Engineer about moving, skills and personal goals. we discussed moving and then contacted the site manager where I would be going, and that went well, though it was brief, adn I should have asked more questions. then I met with Senior Cad manager, he tested my skills, we got along well. He showed me around the facility and I met with staff.

Interview Questions

• Are you adverse to moving to another state?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I negotiated later when I landed at the job site. This was because there were unforeseen issues when I got there.

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Flatiron Construction.

Interview

very straight forward, they ask a ton of technical questions as well as matching culture fit questions.
    3 parts to the interview process, recruiter screen, phone screen and then in person interview

Interview Questions

• lots of technical questions relating to Windows/Exchange/VMware   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Marcos, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Flatiron Construction (San Marcos, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

There was a panel of 3. They want to know why you want to work for them and who you think they are. Make sure you know exactly what they do. They just want to know if you will fit in with other employees at the job

Field Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Flatiron Construction in March 2015.

Interview

Very casual and laid back. It was a phone interview with the project manager. He made the process very easy and just wanted to know a little bit about myself. He never asked me any technical questions or anything else of that sort.

Interview Questions

• What I looked for in an internship   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reno, NV

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Flatiron Construction (Reno, NV) in February 2015.

Interview

Meet with Flatiron at ASC Reno. Had a brief interview then got an email for a second interview. Met with the district HR manager for my second interview. It was a 1on1 interview and he asked basic interview questions. Great company and I would of accepted the offer but I had already accepted one prior to their offer.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example when you didn't get along with a fellow worker/classmate and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Flatiron Construction (San Francisco, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

I got in touch with the company through a family friend. He sent all of my information to the Human Resource department who later contacted me. Since I was not in their vicinity we set up a Skype interview which lasted approximately 30 minutes. I spoke with one of the senior engineers and she was very knowledgeable about the company.

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Flatiron Construction.

Interview

Easy 10 min phone interview, after that email follow ups. overall easy process but one needs to be willing to commit some time and be available to move forward. Interview on phone usually with HR people and then an in-person one.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Flatiron Construction.

Interview

8 week engineering intro course with final project. 4 students, 1 winner of intern and scholarship. Included autocad, plan reading, and material quantity take off. Final project utilized all these skills.