FleishmanHillard Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 21, 2017

2.8

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FleishmanHillard (New York, NY).

Interview

I was interviewed by several members of the team for a total of two hours. I was asked questions about my past experiences, behavioral questions, why Fleishman, and strength/weakness questions. I was emailed later asking for writing samples and was eventually given the offer.

Intern Interview

Interview

There was a resume, cover letter and essay question online application on website, followed phone interview asking questions about experience and questions on the field with email follow-up. Very easy and fast process with clear communication mostly by email.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FleishmanHillard (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

I took a two hour writing test after the phone interview. The writing test was really demanding and requires basic knowledge of PR skills. Be prepared to write a pitch letter, social media posts, proofreading, and research analysis.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FleishmanHillard (New York, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

Referred by a current employee. Had a pleasant interview with a recruiter week later, then two phone interviews and a writing sample. Then I never heard back, despite sending multiple polite follow-ups (after sending thank-you's.) Please give the courtesy of at least saying I'm not qualified/what they're looking for/etc. rather than cutting off all communications after progressing through several rounds.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FleishmanHillard (Saint Louis, MO) in November 2015.

Interview

They were very informative. They told me before the interview where to park, how to validate the parking, gave me great directions, and they gave me a schedule of the entire interview. This included who I would be meeting with at what times. Before the interview, HR sends you a questionnaire which includes all of the different work groups at FH. I was to choose on a scale of 1-10 my interest in each of the groups. They use this to choose where you will most likely be working if you get the job.

The interview all together took about 2.5 hours. There was a face-to-face interview with the intern coordinator and another person. Then, there was a 2 hour writing test. After the writing test I was told the process that would follow. I had made it to the second round of interviews. This

Interview Questions

• What do you like/dislike most about you current (or most recent) job?
      How do you deal with stress?
      Why do you want to work here?
      Why did you choose a job in PR?
      Other normal interview questions.
      Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at FleishmanHillard in November 2015.

Interview

Very well-organized
    I sent in my application materials and was called in for an in-person interview with a few practice groups
    I was offered the position approximately a week after the interview

Interview Questions

• Would you want to work here after completing the internship?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FleishmanHillard (Kansas City, MO) in October 2015.

Interview

submitted my resume online, they contacted me very quickly. I had three rounds of interviews with situational and behavioral questions. The people I talked with were very conversational and easy to talk to.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in interning at Fleishman Hillard?   Answer Question

Fellow Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FleishmanHillard (Boston, MA).

Interview

The interview and application process was pretty lengthy. After submitting multiple writing samples and short responses you have a phone interview and a series of in-person interviews in their offices.

PR Interview

Interview

I applied online and hear back in about 2 weeks to schedule and interview. All of the staff was friendly and welcoming. During the interview we went over my resume and most of the interview questions were about my skills learned from my previous experience. About a month later I heard back that they decided to go in another direction.

Interview Questions

• Basic interview questions about resume and experience.   Answer Question

Public Relations Interview Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at FleishmanHillard (Dallas, TX) in August 2015.

Interview

I was slightly disappointed with this interview experience. A talent acquisition coordinator contacted me several days after applying/speaking with my referral to set up a phone interview with two intern coordinators. The phone interview went well and the coordinators were very friendly and upbeat. After the phone interview, I was instructed to complete a writing test, which has to be completed in two hours from the time you confirmed that you received it. The writing test was pretty long but interesting. It was divided into sections - Media Research and Writing (pitching to reporters, etc.), Social Media Content Writing, Research and Analytics/Social (drafted a research audit summary for the client), Proofreading, and an Interests Assessment (work style).

I did not complete the entire writing test within two hours, but was invited to interview via Google Hangout (in place of an in-person interview due to location). The Google Hangout interview was not as pleasant. I had two different coordinators this time that were not enthusiastic at all. The questions asked were "too standard" in my opinion, and the coordinators seemed as if they did not want to be there (one more so than the other). I understand the process of interviewing hundreds of candidates can be grueling, but that is part of the job.

I was told that I would be contacted on Monday, but did not hear back from them until the following Friday. I am extremely thankful for the feedback I received in the email and look forward to improving the areas listed. I do not agree with the statement, "we encourage you to gain some PR experience and apply for another semester." I believe that is what an internship is for.

The talent acquisition coordinators I dealt with were very helpful, and I was extremely grateful to have communicated with them.

I hope this information helps future candidates!

Interview Questions

• Phone Interview: Tell us about yourself. How did you hear about FH? Tell us about a time you encountered a challenge and how you overcame it. Why PR? How would your current coworkers describe you? What are your goals for this internship?   Answer Question
    • Google Hangouts Interview: What other interests do you have outside of work? What are your goals for this internship? What area of PR do you want to focus on and why? Describe a challenging moment you have encountered and how you overcame it. Who is your favorite social media account on Twitter?   Answer Question