FleishmanHillard Interview Questions | Glassdoor

FleishmanHillard Interview Questions

Updated Oct 11, 2017

2.8

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at FleishmanHillard in March 2016.

Interview

One word: long. For a communications agency, they are terrible communicators when it comes to the interview process. I first applied for the position in early February, had a phone interview shortly thereafter, an in-person interview in early March, took a writing test shortly thereafter, and now I still haven't gotten any feedback and it's mid-May. I've followed up multiple times and have been told they are still reviewing my writing test. I find that hard to believe, and if I'm no longer in consideration for the role I wish they would just tell me so we don't waste each others time. At this point I've clearly given up and have moved on, but I think it's pretty disrespectful when I'm trying to make decisions on other opportunities too.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at FleishmanHillard.

Interview

It was challenging, but reflects the work at the company that the intern will do. The interviewers were very kind and very professional. Open to answering my questions about the internship and the work I would do. The hiring process was also fairly quick, I had two interviews total before finding out that I had been accepted to the internship.

Interview Questions

• What sources do you use daily to keep up with the news?   1 Answer

Creative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at FleishmanHillard (Austin, TX) in February 2016.

Interview

Very laid-back; I spoke with two different people individually. The first person I talked to was just an overview about the position and about the company in general. The second person I talked to which was the overall manager of the company asked me several questions about marketing/ branding strategies.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a company that does a great job with their branding and why you think so.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FleishmanHillard.

Interview

Applied online then got an email for a phone interview a few days later. After that, I got an email to set up a writing test. It was a 2 hour test that involved writing a pitch letter, getting reporters contact information, writing a company analysis audit and testing AP style. Then it was an in person interview at one of their offices. Took less than 20 minutes. Asked the general questions like previous experience. Interviewer was nice but seemed off putting. Few days later, got an offer.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FleishmanHillard (New York, NY).

Interview

I was interviewed by several members of the team for a total of two hours. I was asked questions about my past experiences, behavioral questions, why Fleishman, and strength/weakness questions. I was emailed later asking for writing samples and was eventually given the offer.

Intern Interview

Interview

There was a resume, cover letter and essay question online application on website, followed phone interview asking questions about experience and questions on the field with email follow-up. Very easy and fast process with clear communication mostly by email.

Public Relations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FleishmanHillard (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

I took a two hour writing test after the phone interview. The writing test was really demanding and requires basic knowledge of PR skills. Be prepared to write a pitch letter, social media posts, proofreading, and research analysis.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FleishmanHillard (New York, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

Referred by a current employee. Had a pleasant interview with a recruiter week later, then two phone interviews and a writing sample. Then I never heard back, despite sending multiple polite follow-ups (after sending thank-you's.) Please give the courtesy of at least saying I'm not qualified/what they're looking for/etc. rather than cutting off all communications after progressing through several rounds.

Public Relations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FleishmanHillard (Saint Louis, MO) in November 2015.

Interview

They were very informative. They told me before the interview where to park, how to validate the parking, gave me great directions, and they gave me a schedule of the entire interview. This included who I would be meeting with at what times. Before the interview, HR sends you a questionnaire which includes all of the different work groups at FH. I was to choose on a scale of 1-10 my interest in each of the groups. They use this to choose where you will most likely be working if you get the job.

The interview all together took about 2.5 hours. There was a face-to-face interview with the intern coordinator and another person. Then, there was a 2 hour writing test. After the writing test I was told the process that would follow. I had made it to the second round of interviews. This

Interview Questions

• What do you like/dislike most about you current (or most recent) job?
      How do you deal with stress?
      Why do you want to work here?
      Why did you choose a job in PR?
      Other normal interview questions.   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at FleishmanHillard in November 2015.

Interview

Very well-organized
    I sent in my application materials and was called in for an in-person interview with a few practice groups
    I was offered the position approximately a week after the interview

Interview Questions

• Would you want to work here after completing the internship?   Answer Question