FleishmanHillard Interview Questions in New York City, NY | Glassdoor

FleishmanHillard Interview Questions in New York City, NY

12 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FleishmanHillard (New York, NY).

Interview

15 minute phone interview scheduled via email. Interviewer was laid back. Said they would contact when decision to move forward with application had been made. There were two different positions that my résumé applied for. The interviewer asked my preference for either position after the interview was over.

Managing Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at FleishmanHillard (New York, NY) in July 2016.

Interview

Reached out to the director of talent for North America. He set up a call to discuss the position with me and then assigned someone else to speak with me at the last-minute. After continuous follow-up, I have yet to hear back from him months later. Poor experience.

Interview Questions

• What accounts have you worked on?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at FleishmanHillard (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

Emailed in my resume and received a response a couple days later. Scheduled a phone internview which lasted about 15 minutes. Said next step, if chosen to proceed, would be a written portion. Interviewers were 2 women, both very nice and friendly. Over

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FleishmanHillard (New York, NY).

Interview

I was interviewed by several members of the team for a total of two hours. I was asked questions about my past experiences, behavioral questions, why Fleishman, and strength/weakness questions. I was emailed later asking for writing samples and was eventually given the offer.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FleishmanHillard (New York, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

Referred by a current employee. Had a pleasant interview with a recruiter week later, then two phone interviews and a writing sample. Then I never heard back, despite sending multiple polite follow-ups (after sending thank-you's.) Please give the courtesy of at least saying I'm not qualified/what they're looking for/etc. rather than cutting off all communications after progressing through several rounds.

Senior Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at FleishmanHillard (New York, NY) in August 2015.

Interview

I've been extremely disappointed with FH's recruiters. I was referred by a current, high-level employee. I was interviewed by two VPs almost immediately and it's been months since I've heard anything. Although I've followed up multiple times since August (now October) to check the status of their staffing needs, the recruiter in New York has not responded.

I am very familiar with the interview process on both sides (interviewer/interviewee) and would expect at least a reply to keep the candidate updated as to whether or not they've paused their search, are choosing not to move forward, etc.

Please note, this is no reflection of Fleishman's PR staff I have interviewed with, only their less than stellar recruitment team in the New York office.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience managing digital influencers vs. traditional media?   Answer Question

Graduate Development Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at FleishmanHillard (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

It was more conversational, but the questions were broad enough for you to really show your skills. It seems that you need at least some semblance of a connection (or to have networked) to really be considered for the interview. It also depends on the person doing the interview, but most likely it won't be HR, but rather the intern coordinator for whichever practice group you are applying to. Also, the interview was on Skype, which was nice because I didn't have to fly into the city during school.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There wasn't a negotiation phase. There is an internship ($12 per hour) and a graduate development program ($15 per hour), so there isn't much to talk about.

Senior Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FleishmanHillard (New York, NY) in March 2014.

Interview

Phone followed by two live interviews. Met staff on the team I was to join. I eventually met the GM and others in the corner offices. I was pretty nervous but did okay. They asked a lot of hard questions but nothing inappropriate or strange. They asked for a portfolio to review and other materials. They had me take a writing test.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths? What your weaknesses? Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FleishmanHillard (New York, NY) in July 2013.

Interview

Met with three people, interview took about 3 hours (2 hours for a test). Generally was a positive experience. Was offered a position two weeks later, which I did accept. I did not think the interview process was difficult, and everyone I spoke with was a good experience. Did take a few weeks between initial contact and phone call to set up interview.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at FleishmanHillard (New York, NY) in April 2013.

Interview

Initially communicated with HR via email. Then was contacted by intern program coordinators to schedule a 30-minute interview at the office. The interview was relatively light, focused mainly on discussing my studies and resume experience. They called later in the week to offer me a spot in the program.

Interview Questions

• Give us a recent example in the news of a company that you think employed PR in a smart way, and why.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Interns are offered a base salary rate that's not negotiable.