FleishmanHillard Public Relations Interview Questions | Glassdoor

FleishmanHillard Public Relations Interview Questions

Updated Dec 5, 2017

14 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Public Relations Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at FleishmanHillard.

Interview

The interview process was very thorough. There were 3 parts to the process. Each were unique and different. I am glad it was a very thought out precess. Would recommend to others seeking industry experience.

Interview Questions

• Why did you pick the college you are at currently?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for FleishmanHillard

Public Relations Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FleishmanHillard in September 2017.

Interview

Filled out the online application and got a email about two to three weeks later to schedule a phone interview. The I nterviewers seemed friendly and enthusiastic about their job and they asked about what I wanted to learn more about. At the end, I was informed there would be a writing assessment to look at my writing skills.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FleishmanHillard (Dallas, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

Applied on their website. Had a phone interview that lasted about 20 minutes with the internal recruiter, took a skills test that was timed and lastly had an in-person interview with two account coordinators

Public Relations Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at FleishmanHillard.

Interview

Applied online
    Email from office manager for phone interview
    Short phone interview establishing mutual interest
    Writing test to test skills. Covered pitch writing, critical thinking and summary skills, and media knowledge
    In-person interview at the FH office
    Follow-up within 2 weeks
    Negotiation of pay
    Declined do to other competitive offers

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FleishmanHillard (Dallas, TX) in July 2016.

Interview

I applied online and then received a phone interview with two employees. The next round was the writing test which has to be completed within two hours. Then I went into the Dallas office for my final interview in-person.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FleishmanHillard (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

I took a two hour writing test after the phone interview. The writing test was really demanding and requires basic knowledge of PR skills. Be prepared to write a pitch letter, social media posts, proofreading, and research analysis.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FleishmanHillard (Saint Louis, MO) in November 2015.

Interview

They were very informative. They told me before the interview where to park, how to validate the parking, gave me great directions, and they gave me a schedule of the entire interview. This included who I would be meeting with at what times. Before the interview, HR sends you a questionnaire which includes all of the different work groups at FH. I was to choose on a scale of 1-10 my interest in each of the groups. They use this to choose where you will most likely be working if you get the job.

The interview all together took about 2.5 hours. There was a face-to-face interview with the intern coordinator and another person. Then, there was a 2 hour writing test. After the writing test I was told the process that would follow. I had made it to the second round of interviews. This

Interview Questions

• What do you like/dislike most about you current (or most recent) job?
      How do you deal with stress?
      Why do you want to work here?
      Why did you choose a job in PR?
      Other normal interview questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FleishmanHillard (Kansas City, MO) in October 2015.

Interview

submitted my resume online, they contacted me very quickly. I had three rounds of interviews with situational and behavioral questions. The people I talked with were very conversational and easy to talk to.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in interning at Fleishman Hillard?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FleishmanHillard (Chicago, IL) in August 2015.

Interview

The interview process was pretty straight forward because the FH contact person clearly defined what would be expected. There was a two hour writing test, which including creating a media industry list, a press release, etc. If you've had a previous PR internship, job, or position in a club, this part won't be too hard. However, I would advise you to manage your time. The next part of the interview involved meeting 3 employees individually who asked me about myself and experiences.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at FleishmanHillard (Saint Louis, MO) in October 2010.

Interview

Following a phone interview with a recruiter, I was brought in for in-person interviews. I spoke with 4 people from various levels of the department. Following the interview, I had to complete a writing test. I was given one hour to write a press release and marketing plan.

Interview Questions

• The hardest part was writing a press release and entire marketing plan in only an hour.   Answer Question

One of the interviewers told me that they required 50 hours a week minimum in the office. There's a big difference between minimum and average. That was not something I could commit to at that point in my life.