FleishmanHillard Public Relations Interview Questions | Glassdoor

FleishmanHillard Public Relations Interview Questions

Updated Sep 20, 2016

2.9

Public Relations Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at FleishmanHillard.

Interview

Applied online
Email from office manager for phone interview
Short phone interview establishing mutual interest
Writing test to test skills. Covered pitch writing, critical thinking and summary skills, and media knowledge
In-person interview at the FH office
Follow-up within 2 weeks
Negotiation of pay
Declined do to other competitive offers

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for FleishmanHillard

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FleishmanHillard (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

I took a two hour writing test after the phone interview. The writing test was really demanding and requires basic knowledge of PR skills. Be prepared to write a pitch letter, social media posts, proofreading, and research analysis.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FleishmanHillard (Saint Louis, MO) in November 2015.

Interview

They were very informative. They told me before the interview where to park, how to validate the parking, gave me great directions, and they gave me a schedule of the entire interview. This included who I would be meeting with at what times. Before the interview, HR sends you a questionnaire which includes all of the different work groups at FH. I was to choose on a scale of 1-10 my interest in each of the groups. They use this to choose where you will most likely be working if you get the job.

The interview all together took about 2.5 hours. There was a face-to-face interview with the intern coordinator and another person. Then, there was a 2 hour writing test. After the writing test I was told the process that would follow. I had made it to the second round of interviews. This

Interview Questions

• What do you like/dislike most about you current (or most recent) job?
      How do you deal with stress?
      Why do you want to work here?
      Why did you choose a job in PR?
      Other normal interview questions.
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FleishmanHillard (Kansas City, MO) in October 2015.

Interview

submitted my resume online, they contacted me very quickly. I had three rounds of interviews with situational and behavioral questions. The people I talked with were very conversational and easy to talk to.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in interning at Fleishman Hillard?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FleishmanHillard (Chicago, IL) in August 2015.

Interview

The interview process was pretty straight forward because the FH contact person clearly defined what would be expected. There was a two hour writing test, which including creating a media industry list, a press release, etc. If you've had a previous PR internship, job, or position in a club, this part won't be too hard. However, I would advise you to manage your time. The next part of the interview involved meeting 3 employees individually who asked me about myself and experiences.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at FleishmanHillard (Saint Louis, MO) in October 2010.

Interview

Following a phone interview with a recruiter, I was brought in for in-person interviews. I spoke with 4 people from various levels of the department. Following the interview, I had to complete a writing test. I was given one hour to write a press release and marketing plan.

Interview Questions

• The hardest part was writing a press release and entire marketing plan in only an hour.   Answer Question

One of the interviewers told me that they required 50 hours a week minimum in the office. There's a big difference between minimum and average. That was not something I could commit to at that point in my life.

Public Relations Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FleishmanHillard in February 2009.

Interview

Interviewed for a position with FH. Interview wasn't too bad. Normal questions of "What is your dream job?", "Describe yourself", "what kind of worker are you?". All in all it was a positive experience. There was not a lot of pressure and the interviewer created a relaxed atmosphere.

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at FleishmanHillard (Saint Louis, MO) in June 2008.

Interview

Very thorough process that included several meetings. This gave them the chance to get to know me and me the chance to get to know the organization.

Interview Questions

• Describe the kinds of programs you have managed on behalf of clients?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No issues with negotiating the terms

Public Relations Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at FleishmanHillard.

Interview

It was a very relaxed get-to-know-you sort of interview. No abstract questions that are typical of most creative/ad agencies. You'll have to write the beginning paragraph of a press release and suggest a social media campaign for a new beverage in 30 mins.

Public Relations Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at FleishmanHillard in February 2012.

Interview

I was very disappointed in the interview process of Fleishman Hillard. It took over 2 months, I interviewed with 10 different people, wrote a PR plan and a pitch and the HR person checked my references. It was so long and tedious, speaking with person after person. I jumped through all of their hoops and after all was said and done, it turns out there was never an open position - even though they assured me there was one over and over, we even spoke about the title and salary at length. I was told they'd keep my resume on file for future opportunities via voicemail. It was just odd and a waste of everyone's time. Very unprofessional.