FlexTrade Systems Inc. Interview Questions in New York City, NY | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 25, 2017

2.8

24 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Great Neck, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at FlexTrade Systems Inc. (Great Neck, NY) in August 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Received a coding test on codility which had 3 questions which included one debugging question. Questions were fairly easy. Contacted by their recruiter later. It took almost 2 weeks after this to schedule a phone interview. Questions were on C++/C basics. After this it took 3 weeks to schedule for the onsite interview. There were 5 rounds since I interviewed for two teams and one written test which asked to write code.
    Right after the onsite interview, I was told that I have been selected. Also received written confirmation after about a week and asked about salary expectations. After regular emails and no response from the company for more than 3 weeks, recruiter replied with we cannot extend an offer right now without a good reason. The whole process took more than 2 months for me.
    If you are interviewing for this company, do not stop looking for other opportunities until you get an offer letter (ignore any verbal and written confirmations) since these guys are unreliable. Better to stay away.
    They did not reimburse my incidental expenses of the trip even after promising they would.
    Overall the process was very slow and recruiter was not responding to emails to inform me about any delay. Interview process was unprofessional and laid back.

Interview Questions

• Where are objects and pointers to objects stored in memory, storing objects of different classes in same vector, k nearest elements to x from an array of elements, When would you use set, vector, map in c++, questions on virtual functions   Answer Question
    • How to store objects of different classes in same vector?   Answer Question
    • Get k nearest elements to x from an array of elements.   Answer Question
    • When would you use set, vector, map in c++   Answer Question
    • Copy a long C style string to another fixed length string   Answer Question
    • questions on virtual functions   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Great Neck, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at FlexTrade Systems Inc. (Great Neck, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

The interview process was fairly straightforward, there was very little focus on culture fit and focused almost entirely on technical skills.
    In my case, the company promised reimbursement for travel but never fulfilled the promise. Attempted to reach out to the company point of contact and they were usually unresponsive.

Interview Questions

• Since I signed an NDA I will respect it   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Great Neck, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at FlexTrade Systems Inc. (Great Neck, NY).

Interview

One phone Interview. One onsite. In the onsite, there were few rounds onsite including one by the CEO. It really depends on which position you are applying for. For me, C++ was the core.

Junior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Great Neck, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at FlexTrade Systems Inc. (Great Neck, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

Three rounds. First, HR introduced the company to you followed by some behavioral questions. Then a technical interview. I was asked some basic C++ questions and LeetCode easy-level coding questions. The final round was all about brain teasers, and I guess I failed it. This company is cheap. Bad culture and bad working environment. Don't choose this company if you have other choices.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at FlexTrade Systems Inc. (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Anonymous Employee in Great Neck, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FlexTrade Systems Inc. (Great Neck, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied online, and then get email from HR to schedule interview. The whole interview process took about three weeks. The First round interview is online test. The second round is on phone. The third round interview is in person.

Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Great Neck, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FlexTrade Systems Inc. (Great Neck, NY).

Interview

asked a variety of questions esp. C++ and some mediocre algo challenges. however the hiring manager confesses they only actually use old-school C, which if you use for years, I don't think you can find next job with this skill anymore. And the company is cheap. Although promised to reimburse my hotel stay, I never hear from them anymore. The company is cheap because they trying to reuse EVERY piece of paper's back. The company is cheap because they think you are very good at C++ but they cannot even afford entry-level salary of a developer. Try to NOT waste your time with this company at your best. When you see them, run, run fast.

Interview Questions

• virtual constructor, virtual table, some c++ language stupid design/defect/truth/unforeseen, old c style function implementation.   Answer Question

Associate Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Great Neck, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at FlexTrade Systems Inc. (Great Neck, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

Easy to moderate process. On site was less focused on algorithmic question and more pressing about real knowledge in programming - which are hard to answer if you don;t have any

Senior Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Great Neck, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at FlexTrade Systems Inc. (Great Neck, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

most c++ questions hiring interview process. 50 word min, 50 word min,50 word min
    3 phone interview, 4 rounds of in person. very time consuming
    get offer after one week. relocation fee is only reimbursed 2000 max

C++ Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Great Neck, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FlexTrade Systems Inc. (Great Neck, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

The first round was a code review in c++.After clearing that round they asked me to schedule a 30 min telephonic interview,the interviewer asked me basic c++ question.After clearing this round there was a skype interview where the interviewer asked me questions about my resume.
    After clearing this round they called me onsite.In onsite interview there were 3 rounds 1st was a c++ test,second round was with an interviewer who asked me questions based on the test and a Data structure question,third round was with another interviewer who asked me questions about pointers and memory mapping and some questions related to my resume.

Interview Questions

• Polymorphisim
      Diff between new and malloc
      Find substring in a string   Answer Question