FlexTrade Systems Inc. Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

FlexTrade Systems Inc. Software Engineer Interview Questions

3.3

11 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at FlexTrade Systems Inc. (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

asked a variety of questions esp. C++ and some mediocre algo challenges. however the hiring manager confesses they only actually use old-school C, which if you use for years, I don't think you can find next job with this skill anymore. And the company is cheap. Although promised to reimburse my hotel stay, I never hear from them anymore.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for FlexTrade Systems Inc.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at FlexTrade Systems Inc. in February 2015.

Interview

First round is a code review test, not hard. You can find a bug every almost 10 lines, if you don't, recheck it. Second round is a phone interview, I think I answered all of the questions, but there is no response from then on.

Interview Questions

• 1. pros and cons of inline functions;
      2. shallow vs deep copy;
      3. static vs dynamic compiling.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at FlexTrade Systems Inc. in April 2013.

Interview

Contacted by HR, there was online c++ test which was not difficult, then was setup for phone interview.
    Questions on map, set, unnamed namespaces,multithreading, dynamic cast

Interview Questions

• seemed like Interviewer was in a lot of hurry, he didnt give me even a second to breath or to even understand and process the question in my mind. Felt like he was not at all interested in taking this interview.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Great Neck, NY

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FlexTrade Systems Inc. (Great Neck, NY) in April 2012.

Interview

Had a first round of C++ test online, Then the second round was telephonic which had basic c++ queations. The Onsite interview was two rounds, First round was general resume based questions and second round was questions exactly same from the interview but with detailed explanations required for each answer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at FlexTrade Systems Inc. (New York, NY) in August 2010.

Interview

Applied online thru company website, Online test then one phone interview, standard questions on C++, virtual fn definition, ptrs,ref, operator overloading, polymorphism, unix commands, interviewer was very friendly, waiting to hear back

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at FlexTrade Systems Inc. (New York, NY) in July 2010.

Interview

a test taken from PROVEIT about c++
    you just need to prepare

Interview Questions

• how to declare a pointer to pointer and use it   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nyack, NY

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at FlexTrade Systems Inc. (Nyack, NY) in April 2010.

Interview

Interviewer was friendly and helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at FlexTrade Systems Inc. (New York, NY) in March 2010.

Interview

Online C++ Test , after that 2 phone interview on C++ and algorithms

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at FlexTrade Systems Inc. (London, England (UK)) in February 2012.

Interview

It was more of technical test. Very difficult!

Software Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FlexTrade Systems Inc. in August 2011.

Interview

Starts out like any prestigious job interview in this industry: screener test, phone interview, and onsite. The technicals are very advanced getting into nitty gritty stuff that not everyone uses, I'd rate it at a slightly lower level than my current job at a top-tier trading firm. Preparing for this job interview should get you in good shape for top-tier firms.

Look at interview questions at other big shops to get an idea. I made it to the onsite, I did very well, met with 6+ people before meeting the boss. All of these poeple focused on technical aspects. Did not click well with the boss and that was pretty much the end of it. Our discussion was very non-technical, he was looking for something in particular, looking at glassdoor I think it was salary and also my other personal commitments that turned him off.

Like any interviewee who thinks about his future, I am also interviewing the company to see if it was a good match. My overall impression of the company is that they do not invest in their people, I can tell just by looking at the office. Very plain, looks like an 80's style arrangement with cheap carpet and drywall and plain fluorescent lighting. Did not have that "aura" where you immediate realize there is some serious stuff going on here. Maybe 100 people in there but only 2 toilets good luck. Long drive to the middle of nowhere too, residential area, not much chance to network with people at other companies. I would've taken the job at the time given the circumstances, but I didn't feel that bad that I didn't get it. Much happier with where I am now. Also, contrary to the name, they do not appear to do any actual trading, so their P/L and hence compensation is bounded.

Interview Questions

• detailed questions on exceptions, inheritance, templates, memory layout.   Answer Question