Flexera Software Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Flexera Software Interview Questions

Updated Sep 7, 2017

2.7

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Flexera Software.

Interview

Received an email from LinkedIn to make an initial phone interview with the HR recruiter. Had phone call then setup another phone call with Director of department for over 30 minutes. Was then given a test which took about 2 hours. Then a face to face interview and working panel for over 2 hours. Had another face to face with team members for 2 more hours. After all this time and effort they did not even give the common courtesy of communication, I simple never heard from them again. Rude and really no reason why follow up communication could not be given.

Interview Questions

• Detailed questions about how to solve problems logically   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Itasca, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Flexera Software (Itasca, IL) in January 2017.

Interview

Very quick first round of interview with the hiring manager for screen, then schedule a F2F interview with four hiring manager and the director for the OU. Pretty behavioral questions with the first two managers more technical with the second team.

Senior Web Developer Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Flexera Software (San Jose, CA).

Interview

Phone Interview with manager first. Then second round technical phone interview. They kept on postponing interview twice and finally ended up choosing time which I had hard time getting my interview time allocated.

Interview Questions

• Q. Difference between REST and SOAP web services. Focus was on SOAP.
      Q. Were you a producer or consumer of web services ?
      Most questions were related to have you coded on spring, hibernate. Not anything specific just have you coded or not.   1 Answer

Software Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Flexera Software (Chicago, IL) in April 2015.

Interview

Interviewed at corporate headquarters in Chicago, IL. Interview was very in-depth with business practices and procedures. The interview team consisted of four senior managers, and practice managers. Most questions were related to experience within software applications and consultations.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a issue with a customer, when the software did not perform.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Orinda, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Flexera Software (Orinda, CA) in September 2014.

Interview

A group hiring process with each technician taking turns to ask questions. Questions were intermediate but it really depends on the position that you are applying for. A manager was also present during the interview. A brief description of the what the job entailed and what they were looking for as an individual to fit the needs of the position. The interview lasted about half an hour or so.

The dress code was business casual and work a very relaxing atmosphere. Everyone was nice and definitely were technical.

Sales Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Flexera Software.

Interview

Very extensive.

Staff Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Flexera Software (San Jose, CA).

Interview

The phone screen was a breeze and the on-site interview consisted of 45min-1hr interview with 6 different individuals ( 3 engineers, 1 mgr/director, 1 VP and 1 H.R).
    In the onsite interview I was not really tested as much as I'd expect. Most of the technical questions were run-of-the mill and only a couple of questions here and there were probing my depth of technical knowledge.

Interview Questions

• Assume that java does not provide a HashMap and write your own implementation of HashMap   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was offered a base salary that they were not willing to bump up. However, they made up for that in offering a sign-on bonus.

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Flexera Software in September 2017.

Interview

I was setup through the entire process through a recruitment agency.

Communication between both the recruiter and Flexera was both fast and easy.

The application process can be summarised as follows:
    CV submission.

30 minute phone interview with active team members
    In this interview I was asked a variety of Java questions ranging on topics from OOP principles to java specific questions.
    Overall an intense but quite easy session as well as an opportunity to ask about the company.
    A brief run through of your CV is also expect during this stage.

Face to face interview
    The next stage was a face to face at the Flexera offices in Maidenhead. This lasted roughly 2.30-3 hours and was very relax and layed back.
    A brief introduction to the company of around 10-20 minutes.
    This was followed by a more intense CV run through regarding previous experience and projects mentioned on your CV. This again was very relaxed and the questions weren't to catch you out, but to get a feel of your experiences.
    This was followed by a "team exercise" where you are with active team members at Flexera and are asked to work through a problem to gauge how you solve logical problems as well as how you work in a team.
    Finally a brief chat with the HR department about any issues or questions that may of been raised.

Overall a very fun and positive experience. I would recommend any prospective graduate to apply here.

Interview Questions

• What is an interface and where would you use one?   Answer Question
    • What is a checked exception and a run time exception and how do they differ?   Answer Question
    • What data structures do you know of?   Answer Question
    • What's the difference between a linked-list and an arraylist? Give a brief overview of the implementation of a linked list   Answer Question

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Daresbury, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Flexera Software (Daresbury, England (UK)).

Interview

The interview process was very fast. Upon arrival at the Daresbury UK site, I was greeted by the Director of Technical Support. I was given a brief tour of the offices before being introduced to the team lead of the appropriate section. The interview was very friendly while remaining formal and informative for both parties. Both interviewers were interested in more than just technical ability and were keen to listen to all answers.

Major Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Maidenhead, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Flexera Software (Maidenhead, England (UK)) in December 2010.

Interview

Good process - met VP and GM very professional -sold company and opportunity very well