Flextronics Senior Director, Marketing Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1 Interview Review

1 Candidate Interview ReviewBack to all Interviews

Senior Director, Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Flextronics (San Jose, CA) in September 2012.

Interview

The HR department was fast-tracking interviews, so scheduled six interviews over two days upon contact. There was clearly a lack of coordination between those running the interview process and the employees with whom I met. Each of the employees seemed to be sincere, and a couple seemed to be high caliber.

But there were a few things that were bothersome. First, one of the HR reps was derisive when referencing a former company I'd worked with and some of the policies it had for remote work situations. The response was unprofessional - especially in the Valley, where so many companies offer such arrangements. There were a few other points like this where HR was underwhelming. But one of the bigger issues I had was the lack of responsiveness from the employees when I sent each a personal thank you for their time. Perhaps they just realized I wasn't going to be the guy they hired and they thought they'd save the two minutes; but whatever the case, it was rare for me to not receive at least a brief "ditto - good luck" note back. Anyway - no sour grapes. It wasn't a good cultural fit for me personally (appeared very big, bureaucratic from interviews), and most of those whom I interviewed with seemed capable. Had I received an offer, there's a fair chance I'd have taken it. But I wouldn't have bent over backward to reach terms - it didn't seem like *that* great of a place.

Interview Questions

• Would you need to focus on [X country] to be the #1 in this market sector?   1 Answer