Flextronics Interview Questions in San Jose, CA | Glassdoor

2.9

16 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

SEO Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Flextronics (San Jose, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online via LinkedIn.com. HR contacted me and had a brief conversation and she set up the a phone conversation with the Digital Marketing Lead. I had phone conversation via the phone as the lead lives on the east coast. I took an early morning and I felt intimidated by the questions she had and thought I failed. After two months HR contacted me again and asked whether I am still interested. I interviewed with 2 VPs this time. The interviews with the VPs was in person and I felt better about my skills and how I could fit into their team.

Director R&D Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Flextronics (San Jose, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview was through an employee referral, so the resume reached the hiring manager directly. I was interviewed by all the key relevant personnel of the division, in a one by one style. I think the process is very thorough, everyone can ask questions from their angle.

Interview Questions

• I was asked whether I anticipated the level of complexity in decision making process in a large company and how to deal with it.   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Flextronics (San Jose, CA).

Interview

Face to face interviews with several individuals (manager/directors/VPs). My current employer was contacted to discuss my salary. They committed a major violation of accepted practices, basic etiquette and common sense. It was a reckless approach taken despite other avenues that would have been made available for them to pursue for this information if they would have simply asked for my consent.

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Flextronics (San Jose, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

Interviewed at the Americ Center HQ and never saw the Milpitas facility which frankly is a sweat shop. The person who recommended me opennly told me not to accept the job and I thought he was kinding. After two weeks, I found out that he was honest and truthful.
    Accepting this position was a mistake on my part.

Interview Questions

• We are rapidlly moving and often change directions - how will you deal with that?   Answer Question
    • We are a very low margin organization. how does that effect how you manage your team's resources?   Answer Question
    • We deal with some very difficult people - how will you deal with them?   Answer Question

Technical Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Flextronics (San Jose, CA) in September 2014.

Interview

Resume forwarded to Hiring manager through referral. HR phone screening 30 minutes, invited for onsite interview. Interviewed by Technical lead, Managers and Director. Mostly on Data and Analytics. Additional Questions on Previous experience, process etc.

Human Resources Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Flextronics (San Jose, CA).

Interview

Normal process. Phone screen by recruiter. Then hiring manager. On site visit. Personality screen, background check, no drug screen. Onboarding a but cumberson. Computer/phone not ready when you arrive.

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Flextronics (San Jose, CA) in May 2014.

Interview

HR questions. Told them the projects that I've done throughout the course. Asked me about the technical skills that i know. Interview was 1 and half hours long. Lots of technical questions asked. Overall process was very positive. Went into details of the subjects which I've completed. Also asked about where I'd like to see myself in future.

Interview Questions

• Write the given code in a different language?   1 Answer

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Flextronics (San Jose, CA) in February 2014.

Interview

Phone screen and half a day interview process on site.
    On- site I was interviewed by 6 member team. Interview was one on one in sequence with each member. After one week , I got a call form recruiter with the offer. Asked for bump in salary. I was given a nominal bump in salary. The offer was revised and emailed. I read it and accepted the offer

Interview Questions

• Prior experience, why Flextronics, how you can contribute   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not a lot of back and forth. Did not ask for much, so it went smooth

Mechanical Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Flextronics (San Jose, CA) in June 2013.

Interview

One Phone interview from the recruiter and then another phone interview (30 minutes) with the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• Questions about CAD and FEA skills with Solidworks and Creo.   Answer Question

Director, Business Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Flextronics (San Jose, CA).

Interview

I reached out to hiring manager. They flew me to Dallas and picked up and returned me to airport by limo. Interviewed with VP, who mostly asked questions about who I knew in the industry. Following week met with segment President over lunch. That evening he tried to make an offer through internal recruiter. Hiring manager would not let him. Received offer the following week. The whole process to approx. three weeks from initial contact to first day on the job.

Interview Questions

• How many balls can you keep in the air at the same time?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They came back with a higher base than expected, so I foolishly did not negotiate,