Flight Centre Travel Group Sales Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Flight Centre Travel Group Sales Consultant Interview Questions

Updated Apr 26, 2017

3.2

Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Flight Centre Travel Group in April 2017.

Interview

It's basically exactly as people have already detailed here. The first step was the online application process where you had to explain your retail or sales experience, the countries you've travelled to, that kind of stuff.

Following that, I received an email inviting me to select a time for a phone interview.
The phone interview was late, as he'd run a little late in the morning over other interviews, so I had actually rung after fifteen minutes (as directed by the email) and was transferred to the consultant I'd be dealing with as soon as he'd finished his current call. It was pretty brief, but I was asked about my motivation for applying for the job, what I thought the role of travel consultant involved from day to day, what I would bring to a sales role, and what countries I'd travelled to previously. Then he explained the salary and commission stuff, and invited me to the group interview on the Thursday (this was Monday).

There was some online psychometric tests to complete before the day, which took about an hour, but is pretty straight forward. The final timed section was difficult, but I don't think you're expected to finish them all in time, so don't stress.

The first task on the day is the "sell your partner" bit. Like many others on here, I would stress that this is not an exercise on how well you managed to get to know them in five minutes, but a sales exercise on selling them as a potential employee to flight centre. Focus on their background and travel experience, and what skills and experience they bring to the role.

Then the written exam. There's a numeracy base one and a geography one. It's also during this time you're taken out for your mock sales scenario with one of the consultants. Ask your questions, know what the customer wants and make sure to upsell.

Then once they sent a few people home, we had our final interview. Three questions, quite straight forward. Now I'm just waiting to find out if I was successful!

Interview Questions

• what keeps you motivated, how do you manage situations when you're not on track to reach a goal, etc   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Flight Centre Travel Group

Sales Consultant Interview

Interview

The interview process was quite enjoyable but it does go for 5 hours so be prepared.
    Arrived and waited in the fouer to be led into the room where you'll be with at least 15-20 other applicants.
    You're shown a video about the roles of a sales consultant, they'll vaguely touch over the salary and commission structure, which they go will go in to more detail if you make it through to the second half of the day.
    Recruiter gives you some background info on the company and different brands.
    First task was to name which country places are located such as Kuta, Phi Phi, Big Ben etc, fairly straghforward. Also had to locate San Fransisco, New York and Disneyland on a map, say which where the main airlines for 3 countries.
    Second activity was to pitch your partner, basically ask questions to the person sitting next to you and find out as much as you can, you'll then need to present your partner and tell everyone why you think they would be good for the job, and throw in some interesting fact like how many countries they've visited etc.
    Next you're give a written task which includes a scenario as well as info on airfares, accommodation, car hire etc. There are questions such as working out the best fair for the customer and numeracy questions relating to percentages and commission.
    While you're doing this people get called out of the room to do the one on one sales pitch.

After this there's a short break and they will then split the group in two and be told if you've made it through or if you're going home.

This is when they'll go in to more detail regarding salary, commission and the global conference.

The next activity is a group activity, 3-4 people, where you'll need to sell to the council your ideas on why you should open a travel agency, there are specific answers to question so it's pretty straight forward, activity only goes for 5 minutes.

Lastly they call your and take you to a separate room with 2 other applicants where the assessor will ask behavioural type questions and you'll need to answer using your own experiences.

Overall it was a long but enjoyable day.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you reached a goal, how did you keep motivated?   Answer Question

Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Perth, Western Australia (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Flight Centre Travel Group (Perth, Western Australia (Australia)) in August 2016.

Interview

It was in city, it was a group interview. first off we had to get into partners, then introduce your partner to the group. Ask them things like previous employment, interests, why they applied, etc. Then we had to watch a slideshow, they talked up through it and explained all benefits of the position. Then we had to do a maths and geo test. It was pretty easy but it was timed so theres a bit of pressure. Then the sales pitch/one on one with the manager.

After they slit you up, one group goes home, one stays.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brisbane (Australia)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Flight Centre Travel Group (Brisbane (Australia)) in July 2016.

Interview

Assessment day,
    Based on 4 assessments.
    You present you self firstly and ur partner ( what they do ) etc
    Then an exam geography! Capital cities, destinations. Where to ski, where is phi phi island, capital of Aust, USA, London etc .
    Then a mock sales acting on how to sell travel
    Another exam about percentage and what is a better deal for the client

Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Flight Centre Travel Group (North Sydney (Australia)).

Interview

About 15 people in the group. Watch about 30 minutes worth of videos and learn some techniques to use when closing a deal.
    Had to sell a holiday which is pretty easy.
    Then we did a task where you had to pick the perfect destination which matched my scenario.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brisbane (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Flight Centre Travel Group (Brisbane (Australia)) in April 2016.

Interview

Many people in this forum have mentioned a group assessment interview before. Just to be clear, the hiring process for this job has 4 stages:

1. Online application
    2. Phone Interview (or initial Group Assessment, depending on their decision)
    3. Psychometric test (online)
    4. Final Group Assessment

This review covers Stage 2, Initial Group Assessment. At the beginning, they give you some information (using videos) about the company. Then they give you a crash mini-course on sales techniques. They focus a lot on the benefits the customer receive, so be prepared for being given some information about a particular feature of a holiday and convert it in a benefit (for example, Free Wi-Fi at the hotel is good to keep in touch with your family). Later on, you receive a card with some information about a holiday (duration, flights, tours, insurance, etc) and after 1 minute of preparation you have to give a 1-minute speech explaining these features to the hypothetical customer. You have to be quick and organised, and more importantly, try to use the sales techniques they teach you. The final part of the assessment is a 15-minute written test when you receive a dialogue between a Sales Consultant and a customer and a brochure with some information. Based on that dialogue you have to choose the features of the trip you can offer to the customer (which city, hotel and flights). There is only one answer. I got it wrong, I guess I could not manage my time and pressure. But if you are organised and quick you can ace it. After 24 hours you receive an email when they tell you about the outcome of this stage and whether or not you pass to the next stage. Hope this is useful.

Interview Questions

• Given a feature of a holiday transform it in a benefit   Answer Question

Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Sydney, NS (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Flight Centre Travel Group (North Sydney, NS (Canada)) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied online and in less than a week I got an email about a group evaluation.

Don't be afraid cause you got nothing to worry about. It's a sales job sell yourself and your travel knowledges. I wouldn't even call this an interview cause you're not gonna be talking about your typical experiences. You watch a few clips about the company and learn their sales technique..

1. Welcome
    2. Conversation
    3. Recommendation
    4. Trial close
    5. Handle objections
    6. Book it
    7. Keep in touch

Learn these well cause they will ask questions. There's also a written exam, which you got nothing to worry about cause they will tell you the answer (at the end). So you'll go home knowing you go onto the next step or not. This takes about 1.5 to 2 hours of your day but it's a good experience. You'll even realise if this job is right for you or not.

Interview Questions

• What are the sales technique flight centre sales consultant use?   1 Answer

Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Flight Centre Travel Group.

Interview

Applied online; received email to pick time slot; called at the allocated time to speak to hr. It was a pretty neutral experience, the interviewer seemed like a robot. It seems like the have interviews everyday because of their high turnover rate so the people conducting the interviews seem tired of constantly interviewing people and asking the same questions. The interviewer seemed annoyed and wasn't nice on the phone. They had that "let's get this over with" attitude. They said they would give me a call within a week if I'm selected for the group interview phase.

Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Darwin (Australia)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Flight Centre Travel Group (Darwin (Australia)) in January 2016.

Interview

Firstly I was called up for a phone interview. I then passed and was made to go through an online Numeracy & Literacy Online Test. Then lastly, I attended a group interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about an accomplishment in your career that you are very proud of..   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brisbane (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Flight Centre Travel Group (Brisbane (Australia)) in December 2015.

Interview

Applied online. Got an email response for a phone interview. Was a short call asking about sales experience, travel experience etc. Was invited to group interview with 30 other people was long winded and totally over the top!! Geography test, maths test, introduce yourself to group, sell a holiday to a stranger on the spot. Was there all day very exhausting.....Base salary is ridiculous for the amount of work you do.

Base salary to low.