Flight Centre Travel Group Travel Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 11, 2018

3.1

289 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Brisbane, ND

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Flight Centre Travel Group (Brisbane, ND) in May 2015.

Interview

Phone interview - be confident and clear you will be spending time on phone making bookings so important you come across well.
Main interview is 6 hours - looking at your knowledge of the industry and how you come across . Be yourself be honest enjoy it. It's mentally exhausting but if you want it enough this should not matter .

Interview Questions

• Give an example of you giving excellent customer service and what was the outcome of this?   2 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for Flight Centre Travel Group

Travel Consultant Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Flight Centre Travel Group.

Interview

Pretty much what everybody else said, math test and try to sell them some products. Then they pretended to be customers and ask you about one destination. Think they told me the general average income for first year is about 45k to 50k

Interview Questions

• Give us an example of how you dealt with conflict with customer in previous job   Answer Question

Travel Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Auckland (New Zealand)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Flight Centre Travel Group (Auckland (New Zealand)) in November 2017.

Interview

Phone interview - I got an email advising me that I had made it to the first round of interviews, a 10 minute phone interview. The phone call was 5 minutes late which added to my nerves! But overall it was a good interview, friendly interviewer and normal interview questions. Currently waiting to see if I make it to the next interview round.

Interview Questions

• What sales experience have you had?   1 Answer

Travel Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leeds, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Flight Centre Travel Group (Leeds, England (UK)) in November 2017.

Interview

Applied online, received an email a couple of days later saying I had made it to the next stage of a phone call interview. The phone call was extremely rushed and I could tell the interviewer was reading a script.

Travel Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Flight Centre Travel Group.

Interview

telefone stage 1
    you speak to someone on the phone and you have to sell a place
    group stage 2
    group interview with a mock sale
    individual stage 3
    compentency

overall not to difficult just be prepared and do some prepping before hand

Interview Questions

• Sell me a place with 3 minutes to prepare 2 destinations   1 Answer

Travel Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Flight Centre Travel Group (Sydney (Australia)).

Interview

I applied via the website, and a few days later received an email dusting that I got through to the phone interview stage. I had to select a time and day when I would be contacted.

She called on time, and was friendly and asked the usual questions, why I want to work for them etc. I then was asked if I wanted to come to the group interview . They apparently have two group interviews a week. First red flag.

I was excited and prepared myself. I arrived very early and said hello to everyone, was social. I've had a lot of customer service experience and travel.

We introduced ourselves and watched a hell lot of videos about the company . They sounded happy to work there and I was excited and determined.

We had to do two written tests. One for maths which we had 45 minutes for. We had to pretend a family wanted to go on a holiday. Make sure you know percentages is up to date.

The geography one was easy. Learn about popular destinations like Thailand etc.

We also had to do a one on one sales roleplay with the staff there. I found it easy and felt confident,

While we watched another video, they left the room and later came back. Asked some of us to go with one person, and the rest went with another office member.

We were told we didn't get through. Now, I was shocked at this. I was with other people who I was convinced would get through. They were friendly, outgoing, well traveled and confident.

Yet, the ones who got through were lovely and I'm happy for them, some never left the country and hardly spoke up, were introverted and had hardly any customer service experience.

I read a lot of negative reviews about the company but wanted to make my own mind up.

So you could have been to every country on this planet or have the most loveable personality, but they will take people who they can mould into their own little droids.

Tip: a company that has such a high turn over isn't really a good thing. Maybe pay your staff more and look after them.

I think I dodged a bullet.

Travel Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Flight Centre Travel Group.

Interview

Got through a phone interview which lasted no longer than 7 minutes, during which I have been described some of the benefits that the job entails. Didn't get through nor received a feedback.

Travel Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Flight Centre Travel Group (Melbourne (Australia)) in October 2017.

Interview

I'd just finished training to become a travel agent and although I'd heard a lot of negatives about working for FC I thought I might as well apply anyway (even if it was just for the experience of the interview process itself).
    The day after sending off the application I got an email saying I'd moved forward to the next stage and I could book in a time over the next few days for a phone interview.
    They called right on the expected time (if they're over 15min late to call you should call the number they provided as it shows that you're keen and have the necessary persistence for this kind of role). The interview was fairly standard, asking about you're experience and why you want to work for them. The whole conversation probably lasted about 10min.

If you're successful you get asked to come in for a group interview/assessment day at their head office.
    The day starts with the recruiter telling you a bit about the company and role (this is when they will start to enforce the fact that it is a sales role) and you get to watch videos about the company and ask any questions you might have.

You're then paired up and have 5min to learn a bit about your partner in order to "sell" them to the recruiter and the rest of the group.

There's two tests that you have to sit. A geography test which was quite simple (asking about capital cities, airlines, famous landmarks). And a math test to see if you're able to calculate percentages and form a basic quote for a holiday (you're given a calculator so it's not too scary!).

The last stage before they start sending the unsuccessful applicants home is a sales role play. You're asked to sell a holiday to the recruiter in 4min. The location you're selling is chosen on the spot but don't worry if you don't know the place as destination knowledge doesn't matter, it's all about selling!

Travel Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Flight Centre Travel Group (London, England (UK)) in September 2017.

Interview

London - So far I submitted my application online and had a telephone call. The lady called about 10 min late and the call itself lasted only 7min, instead of 20. I had written down some notes about the company and potential answers to interview questions, however they were unnecessary.
    All the lady asked was: based on my travels, which travel destination would I suggest and why - where have I travelled outside of Europe - would I be happy to work 3 out of 4 weekends a month - were any of my previous roles target driven - would I be comfortable in a target driven role.
    She was extremely enthusiastic and bubbly, and clearly following a script and typing my replies. All her replies were positive and the same, no matter my answers to her questions. Throughout the call it seemed as if she was trying to sell the role to me, talking about what is expected of me, how much commission I am expected to make and the benefits I would have access to.
    At the end of the call she said she would send me an email in the next few days to attend a group assessment and I am currently waiting for it (the call was yesterday)

Travel Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Flight Centre Travel Group (London, England (UK)) in September 2017.

Interview

After applying the company's website, they sent me an e-mail to confirm a telephone interview appointment, which was held one week later. Than I got an e-mail in 48 hours that I was not successful and didn't get through to the face to face interview.