Flint Hills Resources Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Flint Hills Resources

3.2

Laboratory Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rosemount, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Flint Hills Resources (Rosemount, MN) in April 2013.

Interview

I was contacted by phone a few weeks after applying online. I did an initial 30-minute phone interview with an HR representative from headquarters, and heard back in a few days about the face-to-face interview. The face-to-face interview was with three people, but not in an intimidating atmosphere. All were very straightforward and friendly, and they took me on a tour of the lab at the end of interview. I was offered the position about a week later. Overall, it was a very easy and quick process.

Interview Questions

• No technical questions, only behavioral questions. No unexpected questions, all were typical.   Answer Question

Instrument Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Flint Hills Resources.

Interview

I recieved an email from Flint Hills about 2 weeks after my application submission. Phone interview was scheduled on my own time throughout a three day window given by the interviewer. Flint Hills representative was very supportive.
    After the interview questions, the interviewer said i will recieve a call if Flint Hills wishes to proceed with a panel interview of 2:1.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you cut a corner to perform a job faster.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you did not get along with a fellow colleague.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you had to rely on someone else to perform a task.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wichita, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Flint Hills Resources (Wichita, KS).

Interview

Long. The interview lasted approximately 6.5 hours. You arrive at the facility start with an HR rep, rotate through several people in your department and finish with a second HR rep.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose to apply apply to Flint Hills Resources?   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Menlo, IA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Flint Hills Resources (Menlo, IA) in November 2017.

Interview

Phone screen then followed with several site 1-1 interviews. The interviewers used STAR interviewing method. The interviewers were polite, each interview took about 45 min. At the end had a quick phone discussion with company recruiter to discuss my desired and minimum salary and benefits.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation when you couldn't deliver your commitments.   Answer Question

Environmental Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Flint Hills Resources (Kansas City, MO) in January 2014.

Interview

Phone interview with HR. This was for entry level role where you rotate locations for two years before being assigned a home. Situational interview questions. All standard. HR lady was hard to talk to but she was clear and concise.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about being on the move for the first two years   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Flint Hills Resources.

Interview

Interview process was all day. I was assigned 6 different upper management personnel for individual interviews. It included persons from HR, Operations, and Environmental. Each person interviewed me for about 45 minutes each and it was all mainly behavioral questions. The interview process was not bad. If you prepare beforehand you will get by with no problems. Each interviewer was also nice.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was given an offer the same day of the interview but asked for time to review the contract. They were able to negotiate with me and I accepted in the end.

Human Resources Interview

Application

Interview

Lots of situational-based questions; lots of individual meetings. Great one on one conversations that helped me understand the role. No panel interviews. Before interviewing, think through specific situations that you've been in at your employers. Time for questions at the end of each meeting.

Interview Questions

• What do you enjoy the least about your current position? What would you change?   Answer Question

Human Resources Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Corpus Christi, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Flint Hills Resources (Corpus Christi, TX) in February 2012.

Interview

The recruiting process was very informative and a good experience overall. First, I applied online via the company website, then was notified regarding a scheduled phone interview. The phone interview conducted was short and brief. Then I was schedule an onsite interview with the entire HR team.

Human Resources Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Corpus Christi, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Flint Hills Resources (Corpus Christi, TX) in April 2009.

Interview

I was contacted by an Hr person form the corporate office in Kansas. They set up an interview with the HR Manager or peer level person at a similar or the same plant in Corpus Christi. She seemed rushed like she had a few more interviews to do after me that morning. The questions were oriented around team and delivering bad news, with the current economy I believe they need someone who can handle laying people off. I was a long shot for the posiotn due to my current location, it woudl have required a relocation package and I may had had toomuch experience in HR.

Interview Questions

• Describe a project you have worked on with others.   Answer Question
    • When have you had to deliver bad news to your team? How did you help them work through it.   Answer Question

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wichita, KS

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Flint Hills Resources (Wichita, KS) in October 2014.

Interview

There was a dinner the night prior to the interview, in which I was able to get a better grasp for the company and the employees I could potentially work with. Once I got through the first round, I was invited to Wichita, KS for a final round interview. There was a dinner the night prior to the interview again, in which I got to meet more people from the company and network. I got to know the employees on a personal level and interviewed with two people I had spoken with the night before. The interview process was all behavioral, primarily focused on how you approach problems and how you handle different situations. Their current talent acquisition program is the best that I have experienced, with giving the candidates exposure to many different employees to network while also asking you important questions to see what makes you unique.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you failed, and describe how you learned from that experience. Looking forward several years, do you see yourself heading toward management or an advanced technical role? What has been the hardest thing you have ever faced?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate, due to the great offer presented.