Flint Hills Resources Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Flint Hills Resources

3.2

Grain Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairmont, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Flint Hills Resources (Fairmont, NE) in June 2019.

Interview

The interview process was very good. I was fully satisfied with the questions the staff asked and thought it was a very thorough process. There were multiple behavioral questions, which was fully expected, as well as many questions that were about my background and how I became the person I am today. I really enjoyed working with the team in Fairmont, NE and look forward to potentially working with them in the future.

Interview Questions

• They asked me about my organizational skills, as well as how good I was at managing my own time.   1 Answer

Flint Hills Resources Response

Jul 26, 2019 – Branding & Marketing Talent Acquisition Specialist

Hello- this is Molly from Flint Hills Resources. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review on your interview experience. I am happy to hear that you felt the interview was well rounded and... More

Plant Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wichita, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Flint Hills Resources (Wichita, KS) in October 2013.

Interview

The process began at the college campus and asked the general line of questions, mainly behavioral. Then the interview process was staged in Wichita at the Headquarters. You interview with several different departments from varying locations. After your interviews, the interviewers meet up and discuss your candidacy. If they like what you have to say they will offer you a position. This can happen immediately or in a few weeks.

Interview Questions

• What is a situation where your team had an apparent failure and how did you mitigate the losses.   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wichita, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Flint Hills Resources (Wichita, KS) in January 2015.

Interview

Interview process wal very long and drawn out. Took a long time for an offer and a long time to finally set a start date. the position was not very well defined and there was a lot of back and forth with the job requirements

Interview Questions

• the questions were not job specific, they were more like how did you feel when....?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Flint Hills Resources.

Interview

I applied through my campus career fair. First had a 30mn phone screening with HR, then was invited to their intern hiring event. It was a two day event, where they paid for a hotel stay as well as transportation to get there. Had a plant tour, a dinner event, and then four back-to-back interviews with engineers from the company. All interviews were behavioral questions or asking about previous experience.

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Flint Hills Resources (Saint Paul, MN) in July 2013.

Interview

Interviews of about 40 minutes each one on one with 3-4 leaders within the site. The interviews are situation, behavior, outcome style. No yes or no questions. Questions focus on integrity, professionalism, skills, initiative,etc.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of time when....   1 Answer

Process Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Flint Hills Resources.

Interview

I had an on campus interview with normal behavioral questions. A week or two later I was called and asked for an onsite interview at their headquarters with other candidates. There was a meet and greet the night before and then a morning of interviews. At the end of the process I was asked what salary expectations. I was called a day later with an offer.

Interview Questions

• Hardest problem you had to solve? Most of the questions were normal behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Flint Hills Resources.

Interview

There was a round of college interviews before you were invited to the main campus. During that invitation, there was four seperate interviews. Each interviewer asked you a round of questions before you are escorted to the next interviewer. Also, it depends on if you are interviewing to be a full hire or an intern. The process ended with lunch in the cafeteria with your potential boss and other interviewees that are also applying for the same position.

Interview Questions

• They asked situational based questions...they ask the questions.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lawrence, KS

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Flint Hills Resources (Lawrence, KS) in September 2017.

Interview

1st Interview with Koch is behavioral to see if you fit their company standard. Very specific and particular demographic they are looking for. Make sure to read up on their Market Based Management approach. Familiarize yourself with Koch's corporate environment.

Interview Questions

• Typical behavioral questions: tell me about a time you succeeded, failed, did well, didn't do well, received bad feedback, etc   1 Answer

Chemical Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Flint Hills Resources (Bloomington, MN).

Interview

I visited their booth at a career fair, then had an on campus interview. I was invited to their refinery in Minnesota for a second round interview. There were about 30-40 other candidates invited in total. There were three 30 minute interview with their engineers- questions were all pretty standard behavioral ones. Everyone was very nice and the interviews were all conversational.

Application

Interview

First round was simple behavioral interview with two FHR employees
    Second round was a two day event. First day was a dinner and second day involved three back to back to back interviews with three different supervisors/engineers in the company

Interview Questions

• How have you acted in a group situation where you didn't necessarily see eye-to-eye with someone?   Answer Question