Flint Hills Resources Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Flint Hills Resources Interview Questions

Interviews at Flint Hills Resources

3.2

Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Flint Hills Resources (Saint Paul, MN) in July 2013.

Interview

Interviews of about 40 minutes each one on one with 3-4 leaders within the site. The interviews are situation, behavior, outcome style. No yes or no questions. Questions focus on integrity, professionalism, skills, initiative,etc.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of time when....   1 Answer

Process Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Flint Hills Resources.

Interview

I had an on campus interview with normal behavioral questions. A week or two later I was called and asked for an onsite interview at their headquarters with other candidates. There was a meet and greet the night before and then a morning of interviews. At the end of the process I was asked what salary expectations. I was called a day later with an offer.

Interview Questions

• Hardest problem you had to solve? Most of the questions were normal behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Corpus Christi, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Flint Hills Resources (Corpus Christi, TX) in April 2013.

Interview

The interview process was very great to me, at first. I applied for the job online. Then I had a phone interview with HR, followed by a technical phone interview with the hiring manager. Following these phone calls, I was invited out for an on site interview at their Corpus Christi Refinery. This interview went very well, and I was very excited in the company.

One week later, I received a phone call telling me that I was getting a job offer. On this phone call, I was asked when I would like to start working. I am graduating in May, and I have been looking to start in August or September. All companies I have been speaking to have been very encouraging of these start dates, if their training schedules allow for it. So I requested these dates to the hiring manager over the phone. He told me that he would speak to HR and get back to me in few days. I left the phone call feeling excited for this great job opportunity.

Unfortunately, the next day I received a phone call informing me that my job offer had been rescinded. I was stunned. The manager told me that my "unusual" start date request apparently reflected poorly on my character and work ethic, and so the thought the company would be better off without me as an employee. Rather than providing a counter date that would work better for me to start on, they instead just dropped me. This was the first time that a negotiation following a job offer led to an offer being taken away, and hopefully it will be the last. I found the manager's behavior to be very unprofessional and disappointing.

Interview Questions

• The questions were all behavioral, so "Tell me about a time that you did..." and so on.   Answer Question

I was given an offer, but it was rescinded for an unprofessional reason. I am extraordinarily disappointed in this company and the people that I spoke with.

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Flint Hills Resources.

Interview

There was a round of college interviews before you were invited to the main campus. During that invitation, there was four seperate interviews. Each interviewer asked you a round of questions before you are escorted to the next interviewer. Also, it depends on if you are interviewing to be a full hire or an intern. The process ended with lunch in the cafeteria with your potential boss and other interviewees that are also applying for the same position.

Interview Questions

• They asked situational based questions...they ask the questions.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Flint Hills Resources.

Interview

Applied online at kochcareers.com, a month later a phone call from HR recruiter setting up phone interview with manager and 2 associates. I was asked questions about past experience and current applications. The recruiter called back and reported the interview went well and invited me to meet 6 interviewers on site. They all asked me about specific experiences with co-workers and previous managers that included difficult situations.

I was interviewed by various managers and HR. A week later the hiring manager called and offered me a position at more than I asked.

Interview Questions

• One question was how I dealt with a disagreement with a manager and how I resolved it.   1 Answer

Negotiation

HR asked about my salary, bonus and vacation history and I told her the minimums that would interest me.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lawrence, KS

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Flint Hills Resources (Lawrence, KS) in September 2017.

Interview

1st Interview with Koch is behavioral to see if you fit their company standard. Very specific and particular demographic they are looking for. Make sure to read up on their Market Based Management approach. Familiarize yourself with Koch's corporate environment.

Interview Questions

• Typical behavioral questions: tell me about a time you succeeded, failed, did well, didn't do well, received bad feedback, etc   1 Answer

Application

Interview

First round was simple behavioral interview with two FHR employees
    Second round was a two day event. First day was a dinner and second day involved three back to back to back interviews with three different supervisors/engineers in the company

Interview Questions

• How have you acted in a group situation where you didn't necessarily see eye-to-eye with someone?   Answer Question

Support Role Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wichita, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Flint Hills Resources (Wichita, KS).

Interview

I applied through online and got a call after a week later about a phone interview.It lasted for an hour and tar is the HR person and she is very nice and make you more comfortable.The same day got an another call asking to attend for a face to face interview at the HQ.

Interview Questions

• How did you handled your colleague when you get frustrated with him?   Answer Question

Buyer Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wichita, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Flint Hills Resources (Wichita, KS) in January 2019.

Interview

First I applied online and had an interview. I walked the interviewer through my work history and then asked behavioral quotes. After that I had an interview in person, which was four different 30 minute interviews with different members of management. All questions were more geared towards behavioral questions, until my last one. That specific supervisor questioned my resume and did not like the fact my degree was not in procurement. He was very disinterested from the moment he walked in and there was nothing I could do to even take me seriously. A few days afterwards I received the call that they decided to go in another direction. Be prepared to discuss salary as soon as your first phone interview, because we discussed salary expectations at both interviews.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a group project you were apart of where you felt humility.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time that you failed.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a group project and your role in the project.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you feel that somebody else took credit for your work   Answer Question

Analyzer Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Corpus Christi, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Flint Hills Resources (Corpus Christi, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

It was straight forward after I submitted my application. Flint Hills contacted me shortly after for a phone screening. The phone screening was brief and to the point. The recruiter asked me a handful of personal questions, was very nice, and I enjoyed the process.

Interview Questions

• Personal experience about safety   1 Answer