Flint Hills Resources Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Flint Hills Resources

3.2

Reliability Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Port Arthur, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Flint Hills Resources (Port Arthur, TX) in May 2012.

Interview

The interviewer asked me about my professional experience and accomplishments and a series of behavioral questions. The interviewer asked me my experience in compressor trains, turbines, rotating equipment, fixed equipment and ask me for examples.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with a difficult boss?   1 Answer

Quality Lab Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Longview, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Flint Hills Resources (Longview, TX) in June 2014.

Interview

I applied through the FHR website. I received a phone call by the HR department and was set up with a face to face interview for the following week. The interview was smooth. Mostly behavioral questions and about my past Quality experience. I interviewed with 3 people (Quality Lab Manager and Research and Development). 2 days later I received a job offer and accepted.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Easy since I was told from the beginning what the salary was.

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Flint Hills Resources.

Interview

Lots of situational-based questions; lots of individual meetings. Great one on one conversations that helped me understand the role. No panel interviews. Before interviewing, think through specific situations that you've been in at your employers. Time for questions at the end of each meeting.

Interview Questions

• What do you enjoy the least about your current position? What would you change?   Answer Question

Chemical Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Flint Hills Resources (Bloomington, MN).

Interview

I visited their booth at a career fair, then had an on campus interview. I was invited to their refinery in Minnesota for a second round interview. There were about 30-40 other candidates invited in total. There were three 30 minute interview with their engineers- questions were all pretty standard behavioral ones. Everyone was very nice and the interviews were all conversational.

Rotating Equipment Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Flint Hills Resources in November 2011.

Interview

Interview consisted of mostly behavioral based questions. Only a few technical questions were asked. A tour of the site and office where I would be working was provided.