Flint Hills Resources Process Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find jobs for Process Engineer

Flint Hills Resources Process Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Flint Hills Resources

Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Flint Hills Resources (Saint Paul, MN) in July 2013.

Interview

Interviews of about 40 minutes each one on one with 3-4 leaders within the site. The interviews are situation, behavior, outcome style. No yes or no questions. Questions focus on integrity, professionalism, skills, initiative,etc.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of time when....   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Flint Hills Resources

Process Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Flint Hills Resources.

Interview

I had an on campus interview with normal behavioral questions. A week or two later I was called and asked for an onsite interview at their headquarters with other candidates. There was a meet and greet the night before and then a morning of interviews. At the end of the process I was asked what salary expectations. I was called a day later with an offer.

Interview Questions

• Hardest problem you had to solve? Most of the questions were normal behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Corpus Christi, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Flint Hills Resources (Corpus Christi, TX) in April 2013.

Interview

The interview process was very great to me, at first. I applied for the job online. Then I had a phone interview with HR, followed by a technical phone interview with the hiring manager. Following these phone calls, I was invited out for an on site interview at their Corpus Christi Refinery. This interview went very well, and I was very excited in the company.

One week later, I received a phone call telling me that I was getting a job offer. On this phone call, I was asked when I would like to start working. I am graduating in May, and I have been looking to start in August or September. All companies I have been speaking to have been very encouraging of these start dates, if their training schedules allow for it. So I requested these dates to the hiring manager over the phone. He told me that he would speak to HR and get back to me in few days. I left the phone call feeling excited for this great job opportunity.

Unfortunately, the next day I received a phone call informing me that my job offer had been rescinded. I was stunned. The manager told me that my "unusual" start date request apparently reflected poorly on my character and work ethic, and so the thought the company would be better off without me as an employee. Rather than providing a counter date that would work better for me to start on, they instead just dropped me. This was the first time that a negotiation following a job offer led to an offer being taken away, and hopefully it will be the last. I found the manager's behavior to be very unprofessional and disappointing.

Interview Questions

• The questions were all behavioral, so "Tell me about a time that you did..." and so on.   Answer Question

I was given an offer, but it was rescinded for an unprofessional reason. I am extraordinarily disappointed in this company and the people that I spoke with.