Flipkart.com Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 12, 2017

3.2

Senior Research Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Flipkart.com (Palo Alto, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

1-hour research based presentation followed by discussions with 5 members. All members are knowledgeable. Overall great experience with the process. However, the HR coordinator is extremely inefficient and unprofessional. It took her more than a month to provide initial feedback and 15 more days after that to release an offer. I was severely displeased by the HR's tactics, and ultimately decided to pass their offer as I had other offers pending. BTW, if you say you have other offers pending, then the HR would ask you this question "Please provide proof as this is Flipkart's policy".

Computer Vision Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Flipkart.com (Palo Alto, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

The interviewers were experts and knowledgeable in their domain. I believe all of them were Ph.Ds with 5+ years of industry experience in relevant subject area. They had phone conversation, followed by presentation on site, and then technical interview by 3 employees.

Interview Questions

• (1) Back-propagation;
      (2) overfit vs underfit;
      (3) implementation of one of the steps in Canny edge detection using graphs;
      (4) closed form formula to solution of linear regression;
      (5) write code for K nearest neighbor algorithm
      (6) vanishing gradient vs exploding gradients due to choice to relu() vs sigmoid()
      1 Answer

Executive Role Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Flipkart.com.

Interview

I applied through company website a while ago. I received a call from consultant and he told that they liked the profile and would setup a call for phone screen. After couple of days I received a message saying my profile is in DB and he can not proceed further and flipkart HR will directly contact me. Its around 2 months and I did not received any call.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Flipkart.com.

Interview

Interview quality was very good. Was being asked Message broker implementation, designing a tic tac toe etc. The interview process took a bit longer than expected. However, in the end, all turned out pretty well and I was made an offer. The manager was very reasonable and willing to help me grow in the team.

Interview Questions

• Implementing a message broker   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiations was a bit harder wrt Salary.

UI Manager Interview

Interview

I was asked to come for a whole day interview from 10:30-4 PM. There were 6 rounds. When I reached the place the first interviewer was ready to take the interview. But once the first round was over I was made to sit in the small empty room for over 30 minutes without any updates or any one showing up in the interview room . Each interviewer would come after a gap of 40-45 minutes. With this kind of delay just 5 rounds took till 5 PM. After that I was asked to go to different location nearly 5-6 km away from the original location for the last round. It was 8PM when the interview concluded. After lunch hour there was no inquiry to see if I needed something like say food or tea. I found the whole HR process very chaotic and unorganized. I had to ask myself after 2 weeks for a result of the interview. They did not see it fit to let me know themselves. I did not get an offer as there was a skill + domain mismatch which was understandable but that should be communicated without the candidate having to prod HR for answers.

However on the positive side the interviewing panel was very knowledgeable and each a master in their field. The interview covered various aspects, technical skills, UI skills, management skills etc. There was no absurd questions or rat holing of issues. Just the interview part was quite professional.

Software Development Engineer I Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Flipkart.com in July 2014.

Interview

It involved of one online round in which two coding questions were asked in 90 mins. Then there was a machine coding round of 60 mins. Then it was followed by two technical interviews and one hr interview.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Flipkart.com in July 2013.

Interview

First round was of 20 aptitude questions and debugging / output based questions. Followed by 2 programming questions..

Next round was pure technical, programming..

Third round was again technical combined with hr round.

All the questions were based on logical programming.

The programming test were online (interviewstreet)

Practice coding and all they look is the efficiency behind coding and how do you approach a problem.

Interview Questions

• Be very good at programming concepts.. Data Structure.   Answer Question

SDE-II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Flipkart.com (Bengaluru (India)) in May 2017.

Interview

Took 2 weeks, 2 telephonic followed by 4 Rounds at Onsite in Banglore Office.
    Overall: Bad Interview Experience. HM was expecting technology specific candidate.

1. 2 Telephonic Interviews were about problem-solving and coding - Easy
    2. Onsite Machine Coding - Implement given set of sales system in 90 mins - Judge didn't have any specific requirement - He didn't even look at the code - Seems not intrested all the time.
    Didn't asked any questions during evaluation.
    3. Problem Solving - Hashing and Array Problem
    4. Design Round High Level and Low-level Design - Interviewers didn't set the expectation correctly and were diverting questions all round the system. Looked like they had a specific answer in mind. Made fun of Me during the interview as they flipped questions when something or the other was being told.
    5. Hiring Manager - Round 4 Guys gave Feedback to Hiring Manager immediately outside which I could hear and overall Hiring Manager was talking how I am not fit for this role :). He actually was not interested in the work I have done, He kept on telling his requirement for the candidate instead of identifying if the candidate has potential. How he has done good work and how he changed companies and all.
    The manager gave Unrealistic and technology specific requirement.
    The manager should see resume and work done by the candidate before inviting candidate onsite or Including in process if such is the requirement for the role.

Interview Questions

• Finding subarray in an array when sorted makes an array sorted.   Answer Question

UI Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Flipkart.com (Bengaluru (India)) in April 2017.

Interview

I received call from recruitment agency. Since, I was not from Bangalore, there were 2 telephonic rounds before they called me for Face to Face rounds.
    Flipkart booked up and down flight and cab tickets, you just have to share the details to them. However, when I sent an e-mail to HR asking for details, they will not consider it important to reply.

There were 3 Face to Face rounds:

1st round - It was Machine coding round and I was asked to implement a game using vanilla JavaScript. Interviewer was good and we had good discussion about my approach.

2nd round - Algorithm and data structure round. Interviewer was friendly in nature and gave me time to think about the solution and improve it.

3rd round - I was asked to design split-wise. Interviewer was impatient and was not clear with his questions. When I answer one question, he would completely change the question and mention that I was not expecting this. He also asked me to design backend for split-wise which I did not expect for UI Engineer interview. He asked me about performance issues in UI that I faced and instead of listening me completely he starting explaining how Flipkart does lazy loading.

It was hard to get reply from HR in the end. They did not plan my interview well. I reached Flipkart at 9:00 a.m. in the morning and they conducted only 3 rounds till 6:00 p.m.

In the end, I called HR several time to inform that I am leaving for the day but HR did not responded back. Since Flipkart is already a big brand, they don't care if they reject few good candidates. HR team need to be little professional handling the candidates.

Interview was not difficult and It could be cracked given you do not get a impatient interviewer.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ahmedabad (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Flipkart.com (Ahmedabad (India)).

Interview

Great interviewers.
    A few technical questions and questions around my motivation to intern for Flipkart.
    HR round also conducted alongside.
    Interview was conversational. I was expected to understand the ecommerce industry and make logical arguments regarding Flipkart's current and future business strategy.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.
      Why Flipkart?