FlixBus Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

Sort:

Senior Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I interviewed at FlixBus (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2018.

Interview

Very unprofessional and unorganized HR and recruiting team and perhaps the poorest process that I have went through. I had my 1st interview on skype with someone in Germany. After a week, I was contacted for another skype interview. The interview went very well and I was told that my experiences perfectly fit their requirements and I am even a great candidate for their other senior positions. So I was literally told that "I got a yes" from him and I will hear from their HR before the end of the week. Interestingly enough, I did not hear from them for a month till one day I receive this email from their HR manager that they are still "very interested in my qualifications" and wanted me for an interview for another position. Of course at that point I was done with them but out of curiosity I said yes and she went to confirm the time with the interviewer. A day before that interview, she emailed back again that I am a better fit for the position that I initially applied for and canceled that interview. It has been 2 months since then and I have not heard from her again. All sounds more like a joke but that is how they treat their serious candidates.

Finance and Controlling Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FlixBus (New York, NY).

Interview

During the first interview we had a talk about the company and professional topics in general.
    After one week I was called for a second interview with the HR manager: this time they were behavior-based questions and about past experiences.
    All interviewers were very kind and friendly. Overall very positive.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at FlixBus (New York, NY).

Interview

The HR manager sent me a mail within 2 weeks of my application. It was said that I will have an interview with the Online Marketing Manager on a specified day at a specified time and it was supposed to be an online interview via Video call through a specific chat room they provided.
    I said Ok and on the specified day, I had to rent a hotel room just for the interview so that there aren't distractions from my roommates during the interview. But to my surprise, 45 mins before they Interview, they rescheduled in to the next day.
    Since I am the one in need here, I said OK and cancelled the other very important appointment I had on the next day.
    The interview went alright with the Online Marketing Manager and I had a good impression of them.
    At the end of the Interview, he informed me that I will be notified about the job in 2 weeks and in that mail will be given the details about the contract and the salary and so on.
    I said alright and I waited patiently. Then I get a mail one day that there will be another interview and this time with 2 managers. I really did not have a problem with that too.
    The day came and I kinda faced some issues since I had to take the interview from my house as I had feared that they would reschedule again. The interview panel was friendly. They sent me a campaign during the interview and then started the horrible experience.
    2 people just started asking questions one after the other, almost like they were competing among themselves to show who is better. And finally, I kinda knew I made mistakes in answering 2 questions which they asked.
    In 3 weeks, I got a mail saying they went with another candidate.

Interview Questions

• If given a chance to expand Flixbus to a country, Which country would you expand to and why?   Answer Question

Social Media Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Munich, Bayern (Germany)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at FlixBus (Munich, Bayern (Germany)) in April 2018.

Interview

The entire process lasted for about 10 weeks, and 3 rounds:

1st round: Skype call for about an hour with the existing Social Media Manager. She then informed me that I will be given a Case Study to complete within the next 3 business days. She also indicated that although they usually give candidates only 1 question to work with, I was given an extra one, "a fun one" to work with. I was not given a reason as to why I had to work with 2 questions, although based on what she said, the usual practice was to work on 1 question.

2nd round: In this round, the Head of Marketing joined the Skype video call together with the Social Media Manager with whom I spoke, in the previous call. The first step was for me to present the Case Study which I had submitted. The HoM asked some questions as I was presenting, and it went well. The second step was that I had to work on a problem on the call. He mentioned that the rationale for this step, was that they wanted to understand my thought process as well as logic and reasoning skills. Therefore, I was asked some questions relating to Social Media, and it went well.

3rd round: This round involved a Skype video call with the HoM and the Team Lead for CRM. Prior to the call, the HR informed me in the email that I will have to block 2 hours for it, and so I did. As in my opinion I considered this as kind of like a final round, I was expecting behavioural questions assessing my cultural fit. However, the Team Lead of CRM started asking me detailed questions on CRM and its processes, which took me by surprise, as it had nothing to do with the role I had applied for. Therefore, I took it as a curveball question, and answered to my best ability during the call, which lasted for about 2 hours.

At the end of the call, when I asked for the timeline of their decision-making process, I was told “in the next couple of weeks” by the HoM. He also mentioned that since mine was a “special case”, I may have to fly over to Munich for a 4th round of interview in person (as I currently reside outside of Europe).

After a week, when I had not heard back from the team, I wrote in to the HR asking for any feedback that they might be able to share. However, I only received a standardised rejection email from the HR manager, with not so much as a personal note. At this point, having invested so much time, effort and energy interviewing for this role, I was truly upset and disappointed with the way that I was treated as a candidate. The least that they could have done, is to write a personalised note or shared a simple feedback.

One other thing I noticed while interviewing, is that the majority of the team comprises of Europeans -although they repeatedly mentioned that they have a “very international team”. This makes me wonder if their decision may have been influenced by the fact that I am an Asian, therefore the double standards.

Finally, I felt that not much importance was given to the cultural fit and soft skills of candidates during the interview process, as almost all of the questions were testing on logic and reasoning. There were ZERO behavioural and situational questions.

Interview Questions

• At the final round of the interview, I was asked by the Team Lead of CRM how I would ascertain the exact number of passengers who attend an event promoted as part of FB's marketing initiative, out of all of the passengers in a bus. I was asked to walk through the process using all of the tools and information available via CRM. The catch here is that the destination of the bus journey is at the city of the event, and not directly at the place of the event itself.

Technically, it appeared to be a rather ridiculous question, as far to my understanding, it's not possible to track passengers to such as extent. If there exists such a CRM tool that could track to this level, then I am unaware of it.

As I mentioned earlier, this question had nothing to do with Social Media.   Answer Question

Web Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FlixBus.

Interview

Applied online. The recruiter set up an interview two weeks after the application.
    Interview time came, but I didn't receive a call. Got an email later saying they went for another candidate.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Munich, Bayern (Germany)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FlixBus (Munich, Bayern (Germany)) in January 2016.

Interview

The guy was pretty nice and qualified.

Firstly I applied online in december, then I've gor an invitation for a skype interview after winter holidays.
    We had a talk about 1 hour about personal and professinal topics.

Interview Questions

• We were talking about lots of thigs: market share growth, he gave me some complicated tasks to make them dome during interview and told me about his own experience   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Munich, Bayern (Germany)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at FlixBus (Munich, Bayern (Germany)) in December 2015.

Interview

I have first being contacted by HR and then had an interview with a manager via Skype and then I had to prepare an idea for a Christmas campaign. Then, after few weeks I was contacted to know that I was being hired.

Interview Questions

• Do you know FlixBus, FlixBus in your country, how would you do this?etc. (almost 1 hour interview)   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

Skype Interview, was asked technical questions related to the internship like how will I segment customers, acquire customers and important KPI's and analysis.
    Apart from that, questions about why I want to join FlixBus, how can I add value to the company and my availability.

Business Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in Munich, Bayern (Germany)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at FlixBus (Munich, Bayern (Germany)) in June 2017.

Interview

First interviewer asked behavior question and test excel skills (If function, conditional formatting, vlookup...etc.)
    Second interviewer is the direct boss in the future and ask why I want to join the position.

Business Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milan (Italy)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FlixBus (Milan (Italy)) in May 2017.

Interview

two interviews: the first with HR, the second with BD manager. The first is about motivation and running through your CV, the second was more about the business model, technical questions about the market.