FlixBus Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 11, 2018

2.9

Finance and Controlling Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FlixBus (New York, NY).

Interview

During the first interview we had a talk about the company and professional topics in general.
    After one week I was called for a second interview with the HR manager: this time they were behavior-based questions and about past experiences.
    All interviewers were very kind and friendly. Overall very positive.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at FlixBus (New York, NY).

Interview

The HR manager sent me a mail within 2 weeks of my application. It was said that I will have an interview with the Online Marketing Manager on a specified day at a specified time and it was supposed to be an online interview via Video call through a specific chat room they provided.
    I said Ok and on the specified day, I had to rent a hotel room just for the interview so that there aren't distractions from my roommates during the interview. But to my surprise, 45 mins before they Interview, they rescheduled in to the next day.
    Since I am the one in need here, I said OK and cancelled the other very important appointment I had on the next day.
    The interview went alright with the Online Marketing Manager and I had a good impression of them.
    At the end of the Interview, he informed me that I will be notified about the job in 2 weeks and in that mail will be given the details about the contract and the salary and so on.
    I said alright and I waited patiently. Then I get a mail one day that there will be another interview and this time with 2 managers. I really did not have a problem with that too.
    The day came and I kinda faced some issues since I had to take the interview from my house as I had feared that they would reschedule again. The interview panel was friendly. They sent me a campaign during the interview and then started the horrible experience.
    2 people just started asking questions one after the other, almost like they were competing among themselves to show who is better. And finally, I kinda knew I made mistakes in answering 2 questions which they asked.
    In 3 weeks, I got a mail saying they went with another candidate.

Interview Questions

• If given a chance to expand Flixbus to a country, Which country would you expand to and why?   Answer Question

Senior Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I interviewed at FlixBus (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2018.

Interview

Very unprofessional and unorganized HR and recruiting team and perhaps the poorest process that I have went through. I had my 1st interview on skype with someone in Germany. After a week, I was contacted for another skype interview. The interview went very well and I was told that my experiences perfectly fit their requirements and I am even a great candidate for their other senior positions. So I was literally told that "I got a yes" from him and I will hear from their HR before the end of the week. Interestingly enough, I did not hear from them for a month till one day I receive this email from their HR manager that they are still "very interested in my qualifications" and wanted me for an interview for another position. Of course at that point I was done with them but out of curiosity I said yes and she went to confirm the time with the interviewer. A day before that interview, she emailed back again that I am a better fit for the position that I initially applied for and canceled that interview. It has been 2 months since then and I have not heard from her again. All sounds more like a joke but that is how they treat their serious candidates.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Munich, Bayern (Germany)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FlixBus (Munich, Bayern (Germany)) in January 2016.

Interview

The guy was pretty nice and qualified.

Firstly I applied online in december, then I've gor an invitation for a skype interview after winter holidays.
    We had a talk about 1 hour about personal and professinal topics.

Interview Questions

• We were talking about lots of thigs: market share growth, he gave me some complicated tasks to make them dome during interview and told me about his own experience   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Munich, Bayern (Germany)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at FlixBus (Munich, Bayern (Germany)) in December 2015.

Interview

I have first being contacted by HR and then had an interview with a manager via Skype and then I had to prepare an idea for a Christmas campaign. Then, after few weeks I was contacted to know that I was being hired.

Interview Questions

• Do you know FlixBus, FlixBus in your country, how would you do this?etc. (almost 1 hour interview)   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

Skype Interview, was asked technical questions related to the internship like how will I segment customers, acquire customers and important KPI's and analysis.
    Apart from that, questions about why I want to join FlixBus, how can I add value to the company and my availability.

Business Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in Munich, Bayern (Germany)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at FlixBus (Munich, Bayern (Germany)) in June 2017.

Interview

First interviewer asked behavior question and test excel skills (If function, conditional formatting, vlookup...etc.)
    Second interviewer is the direct boss in the future and ask why I want to join the position.

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at FlixBus.

Interview

I applied online and I was contacted after 1 week. The interview was through Skype and it lasted 45 minutes. After the interview I received the offer after less than a week. The interview was quite nice and pleasant. I was asked about my personal achievements and how I got to apply for FlixBus

Interview Questions

• What are the differences between offline and online marketing?   Answer Question
    • How many dogs are there in Germany?   Answer Question
    • Why Flixbus?   Answer Question
    • How would you come up with an answer in 5 minutes if I asked you to tell me the competition there is in a certain line (e. g. Milan - Rome)   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at FlixBus.

Interview

Had initial contact and call with the recruitment person, which was very nice.
    Than had a technical video call with some of the team members and managers in FlixBus. These people were a bit arrogant and they didn't seem to be well balanced or communicative at all. I was asked if I have experience with 3 technologies (which were not mentioned in the job description or my CV) and when I answered No, they quickly jumped to conclude that I have no technical experience at all :)

Recruiting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berlin (Germany)

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at FlixBus (Berlin (Germany)).

Interview

The process for this recruiting role was awful and chaotic. You would think that when applying for a recruiting role one would set an example. This was a horrible experience. Incredibly slow feedback from Flixbus or no feedback at all on your interview result.
    Especially the HR/Recruiting leaders at Flixbus should not that the recruiting scene is very small in Berlin and that you should take feedback seriously.

I would not recommend working in a recruiting role at Flixbus. There are plenty of other recruiting where they do show best practice.