Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services Biological Scientist II Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services

1 Interview Review

Biological Scientist II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services (Gainesville, FL) in January 2009.

Interview

Application for position submitted through "jobs.myflorida.com". Filled out resume, standard employment questionnaire; skills, education, employment history, recommendations. Offer to interview several months later. Had to drive to Gainesville from Miami to interview in person. Interview was conducted by senior management, direct manager for position, administrative assistant, and co-worker. Was a battery of questions regarding biology, philosophy of science, problem-solving approach, how I might resolve interpersonal difficulties or on-the-job confusion. I provided a writing and presentation sample via email. Heard back three months later, and had to answer additional questions in order to clarify resume, and then offered position.

Interview Questions

• How would I handle a manager who accused me of misunderstanding his orders?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was little negotiation. I named a number within the quoted salary range for the position and which was comparable for that position in other states, and was laughed at. I was informed that they could give me a 10% bump from the base pay listed, but that they could not offer more than that. As the economy was sliding down into recession, and I had not heard back from other options, gritted my teeth and accepted.