Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services Interview Questions

Updated Mar 5, 2017

2.6

Development Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tallahassee, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services (Tallahassee, FL) in March 2017.

Interview

The interview was professional, direct, yet very comfortable. Although it was a group interview, the questions were open and I was given ample time to answer each interviewer's questions.

Biological Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tallahassee, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services (Tallahassee, FL) in January 2017.

Interview

The interview was a standard question and answer process. List of questions was provided. Very friendly management conducted interview, more like a conversation than an interrogation. A written test was also part of the interview process, questions based on job specific responsibilities.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a coworker becomes confrontational?   Answer Question

Marketing Specialist III Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tallahassee, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services (Tallahassee, FL) in March 2015.

Interview

Can be rather lengthy at times because the state can be pretty slow at the paperwork part of this process. But if you wait it out they can be very rewarding opportunity. Be sure to be able to explain the relevance of your experience as it relates to the position you are applying for.

Interview Questions

• Name 5 attributes about yourself that make you an ideal candidate for this position?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services.

Interview

Submit resume through State Of Florida People First Website / Create account and prepare basic resume for submission when vacancy is posted / job vacancy posting can be for short period of time / suggest setup automated vacancy notification by email / resume after submission vetted by human resources / forwarded to supervisor of vacancy / telephone call for set up appointment made

Interview Questions

• Interview 2 to 3 hours long with computer skill assessment   Answer Question

Negotiation

Salary negotiation limited

Environmental Specialist II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services (Jacksonville, FL) in August 2013.

Interview

submit your resume on line (people first), after a couple month, you will be contacted for interview if picked. You will get a written test and oral test with manager.

Chemist III Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services.

Interview

Asked to give knowledge on instrumentation, sample techniques, ect Oral and Written Exam, Hiring Process is lengthily

Interview Questions

• Trouble shooting an instrument, what you did and why, and did you resolve   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations

Office Automation Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Winter Haven, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services (Winter Haven, FL) in June 2011.

Interview

Took 4 months from interview to hire.

Interview Questions

• What help-desk software are you currently familiar with?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation.

Biological Scientist II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services (Gainesville, FL) in January 2009.

Interview

Application for position submitted through "jobs.myflorida.com". Filled out resume, standard employment questionnaire; skills, education, employment history, recommendations. Offer to interview several months later. Had to drive to Gainesville from Miami to interview in person. Interview was conducted by senior management, direct manager for position, administrative assistant, and co-worker. Was a battery of questions regarding biology, philosophy of science, problem-solving approach, how I might resolve interpersonal difficulties or on-the-job confusion. I provided a writing and presentation sample via email. Heard back three months later, and had to answer additional questions in order to clarify resume, and then offered position.

Interview Questions

• How would I handle a manager who accused me of misunderstanding his orders?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was little negotiation. I named a number within the quoted salary range for the position and which was comparable for that position in other states, and was laughed at. I was informed that they could give me a 10% bump from the base pay listed, but that they could not offer more than that. As the economy was sliding down into recession, and I had not heard back from other options, gritted my teeth and accepted.