Florida Department of Children and Families Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 16, 2017

2.7

Economic Self Sufficiency Specialist I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Florida Department of Children and Families (Fort Lauderdale, FL).

Interview

The hiring process is pretty simple but can be long depending on the needs of the agency. I applied and two days later I received an e-mail to come to the office and take a skills test. Once completed of you were on in a certain score range they would call you back for an interview. The interview was with two supervisors who took turns asking questions and would write down the answers. I also filled out employee paperwork listing my references. After over month I never received a call or letter with the final decision.

ESS1 Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Petersburg, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Florida Department of Children and Families (Saint Petersburg, FL) in June 2017.

Interview

Straight process. Breaks down to 3 main steps. First you take a math/reading comp test-work sample. You need an 80% to pass/proceed. If pass, then you go to next step which was a 1 on 1 (for me anyway) with pretty standard situational questions relating to the position. If that goes well - which it should unless something really wrong goes on here - then you go on to the finger print station. You fill out a bunch of on-boarding / background check paperwork all along the way. Now you wait until the background check comes back clean from Tallahassee. Nothing else happens until the background clearance check comes back. I was told once the complete package is back - then the hiring officials will decide if they go forward with your application or not. Overall, pretty straight and simple process.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you made a mistake/error. How did you overcome / mitigate the situation and what did you do to correct the action.   1 Answer

ESS1 Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Florida Department of Children and Families (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in May 2017.

Interview

I apply in April 2017 one week after I applied i received a email to come take the assessment once i completed the assessment one week later i was called in for a interview. interview was easy 2 panel interview they wrote every answer you give. I was told they would give me a call back either way.

Child Protective Investigator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Florida Department of Children and Families (Orlando, FL) in May 2017.

Interview

Applied. About two weeks later got an email to do an assessment. About a week after that got called for a face to face to interview. A week after that got called for a second Interview however it was just employment paperwork and a drug test. Currently waiting for final offer.

Economic Self Sufficiency Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lakeland, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Florida Department of Children and Families (Lakeland, FL) in April 2017.

Interview

I get an email a day before that they were interviewing to call to schedule a time to come in. After much but quick thought I did. I called to set up an interview time for the next day. It was about 9 of us when I got there. We were given an overview about the position, salary and schedule. Then we went to take a math test and a typing test. Those of us that passed went in to interview with two people. Upon that passing the interview, we were then told to wait. I waited about 10 minutes and was brought back in the conference room where we (now 5 of us) told were hired and to fill out more paperwork for background checks and references. We got gave our ids and diplomas (or transcripts if you didn't have them you could email them at a later date). Then we were told that someone would call us for fingerprints the next week. Two weeks later I get a call because they had a problem with getting in touch with one of my references. I provided two more references. She said she needed just one and she would call me back. To this day I never heard back from her or about the fingerprints. I emailed them and no one has gotten back to me as of yet. I even called my reference to see if they ever heard from them and they haven't. I am supposed to start on June 12th. So it is kind of up in the air.

Interview Questions

• What are some things that you overcame and what did you so to overcome it   1 Answer

Economic Self Sufficiency Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lakeland, FL

Application

Interview

The process was very easy. After passing the test you then move forward to an interview. The interview is with a panel of two persons. Each person take turns asking you questions.

Interview Questions

• One question was where do you see yourself in three years.   Answer Question

Interview

Not long a bit lengthy. Come prepared with your own questions to ask towards the end. The atmosphere is very relaxed I was a bit nervous but you will
    Get over it do your best be clear and concise and you'll be just fine

Economic Self Sufficiency Specialist I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Florida Department of Children and Families (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied in February. The day after received email to do a skills test. Took the test the next day. It was challenging but as long as you get a 70% you should be fine. A week later got a call to interview the next day. Interviewed with two very nice women, standard interview. A couple of days later got a call to do my fingerprints and fill out more paperwork to send to Tallahassee. Now here comes the mess!! I was told to put in my two weeks notice for training to start on the last day of March. Well the the day before training I get an email saying that my paperwork is STILL processing and they will call me when it's ready. What!!! I'm thinking about looking elsewhere, who does that?!?!?

Economic Self-sufficiency Specialist I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Florida Department of Children and Families (Jacksonville, FL) in March 2017.

Interview

Took a typing and written assessment on 3/15/17. You will need to type 30 WPM. The "written" portion is looking over a sample public assistance application and answering questions based on the application. There are also a few math questions involving averaging, rounding, and basic division. Fairly simple stuff. Was invited for an interview on 3/22/17. Interview was with two ladies. The questions were pretty straight forward and were the basic questions you'd get on an interview. They are hiring 12 workers at the Jacksonville location so I should receive an answer this week about hiring.

Interview Questions

• Given our investment in employees, why would you be worth the investment? What is good customer service? Give an example of a time where you made a mistake and your work was criticized and how you handled it. How do you deal with stress? What in your background makes you a good fit for the job? Give an example of how you deal with conflict. Describe your computer experience and programs you use.Where do you see yourself in 3 years? What makes a successful employee?   1 Answer

Child Protective Investigator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tallahassee, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Florida Department of Children and Families (Tallahassee, FL) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied online on people first Feb/March 2017. I took the online assessment. Got called for an Interview March 2017, completed my interview that week in Tallahassee FL. The interview was 2 parts, about 2 hours long. The first part was them explaining the job, then I answered about 10 behavioral questions basically regarding situations Ive been in and how I handled them. (Research star method and behavioral interview questions to improve your interviewing techniques for this particular job. They made me take a drug test and finger print the same day. Now im just waiting on a call / email back

Interview Questions

• 1. Name a time you had to make a difficult decision
      2. Name a time you had a deadline you knew you wouldnt make