Florida Department of Children and Families Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 25, 2017

2.7

Interviewing Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Florida Department of Children and Families (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in December 2017.

Interview

Easy and thorough. It was alot of waiting involved. Took an hours assessment. Interviewed with two of the hiring managers. They both asked several questions relating to work history. Overall it was a good experience.

CPI Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Florida Department of Children and Families (Jacksonville, FL).

Interview

Took 2 hours, first part was being interviewed and asked what would you do scenarios, second part was a typing test where you answered questions in a paragraph format and was pretty easy

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you were not getting along with an employee   Answer Question

Economic Self Sufficiency Specialist I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tallahassee, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Florida Department of Children and Families (Tallahassee, FL) in November 2017.

Interview

I applied online, received an email inviting me to the skills assessment a couple if days later, and I took the test today. I was told I would receive an email if I passed before the end of the day. I didn't receive that email. Oh well.

UPDATE
    One day after the skills assessment test, I receivef an email informing that I had passed the skills assessment and invited to an interview. I will also need to take a typing test to prove my keyboarding skills.

Child Protective Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lake City, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Florida Department of Children and Families (Lake City, FL) in November 2017.

Interview

I completed an application on People First in October 2017. Received a call in November 2017 for an interview. The interview consisted of critical thinking questions and also two computerized essay questions. The same day I completed the interview, I also completed a drug screen. A week later, I received an email from HR asking me to complete a packet as well as my fingerprints for my background check. When I completed the packet and fingerprints, HR informed me that they will look at the information and let me know if I am hired. I was recently hired and start on 12/15/2017.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths and what are your weakness?   1 Answer

CPI Interview

Interview

Long process that begins with pre-screening behavioral assessment followed by panel interview, written assessment, and full level II background screening and UDS. You get called back for another meeting to complete a huge packet of paperwork if offered a position and you also must provide proof of business insurance coverage for auto insurance.

ESS1 Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Florida Department of Children and Families (Jacksonville, FL) in October 2017.

Interview

First, you take a test which is two parts: a mock case with math questions and a typing test. If you pass the first part then you move on to the typing test. After you pass the typing test, you fill out hiring paperwork and do an interview with two people. If that goes well, they will email you with finger printing. After the finger printing, don't get your hopes up even if you know for a fact that you have a clean record. When your background and everything comes back from Tallahassee, the head of hiring reviews your profile and listens to the recorded interview. That's when it's decided if you are hired.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when your work was monitored and reviewed and how did you respond to it?   Answer Question
    • Where do you see yourself in the next 5 years professionally or personally?   Answer Question
    • Name a time when you dealt with an angry customer and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Child Protective Investigator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Florida Department of Children and Families (Orlando, FL) in August 2017.

Interview

I applied online around the middle of July. and about 3weeks later I got called for an interview. I interviewed on 8/15/17. The Interview was a panel interview with about 10 to 15 behavioral based questions and 2 scenario questions that was completed on the computer. The questions were quite lengthy but the interviewers didn't mind repeating the questions. Got my fingers crossed. Waiting for a call back.

Economic Self Sufficiency Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ocala, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Florida Department of Children and Families (Ocala, FL) in August 2017.

Interview

Rather LOOONG. After meeting at 2:30 pm, we were asked to wait in a large room and take a computer test that had 50 questions. After the 50 questions was a tying test of 1 minute. Then after a very looooooooooog wait, one-by-one we were lead across the building to do the interview. During the inter view I was asked 2 questions. After that the interview was over. This whole process took 2 1/2 hours. There were 139 applicants and 60 interviews THAT DAY.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation in which a former employer criticized my performance and how I handled it.   2 Answers

ESS1 Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Florida Department of Children and Families (Miami, FL) in August 2017.

Interview

Skills test followed by an interview with two people. Emailed about fingerprints/background check about 3 weeks later. I has been 3 weeks since then and no formal offer. Contact through email and very unresponsive.

Interview Questions

• Time management and customer service experience.   1 Answer

Economic Self-sufficiency Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Walton Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Florida Department of Children and Families (Fort Walton Beach, FL).

Interview

Applied through People first and was given a call about 4 days later to take an assessment. Had to pass the assessment with an 80% to be given an interview. I passed and had an interview by the end of the week. I was offered the job, pending verified and favorable background screening.

Interview Questions

• How am I with handling deadlines?   Answer Question
    • Discuss a time I had a difficult call and how did I resolve the issue   Answer Question
    • What makes me want to join the Department? Why should I be hired?   Answer Question