Florida Department of Corrections Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 25, 2017

2.6

Probation Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pensacola, FL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Florida Department of Corrections (Pensacola, FL).

Interview

They make the job sound amazing and that it would be great pay with great benefits, but needless to say, it's a desk job, with good benefits but horrible pay.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Florida Department of Corrections.

Interview

(Florida State Prison: Raiford) After about 2 weeks after applying online, I received a phone call to come in for an interview.
    I arrived at the interview site and interviewed with Asst Warden and another higher level officer.
    They asked me 6 pretty simple questions. (I don't remember them specifically. However, I do remember that they were easy to answer). They were just about my experience and history.

Distributed Computer Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Florida Department of Corrections (Tampa, FL) in April 2017.

Interview

The interview process was pretty straight forward. Was interviewed by 2 gentlemen. Very nice guys and easy to talk to. They explained the position and then told me that they have 15 questions they wanted to ask. Some technical and some situational.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between a Workgroup and Domain?   Answer Question
    • How did you handle a difficult co-worker.   Answer Question
    • What is RAID 0.   Answer Question
    • What do you know about the agency.   Answer Question
    • In Event Viewer tell me the different sections and explain what the information is in each.   Answer Question
    • They gave me a scenario and I had to prioritize who would do the tasks in what order and why.   Answer Question
    • They gave me 5 multiple choice answers and asked which one would I do first. 1. PC Crashing, 2. User had an important doc that needed to go out at a certain time and PC was not working, 3. Email is down, 4. User needs access to a share to get work done, 5. Sorry, don't remember.   Answer Question
    • What is DHCP and what is it used for.   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work here.   Answer Question

Correctional Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Florida City, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Florida Department of Corrections (Florida City, FL) in April 2017.

Interview

Applied online, after 1 week, i was emailed a congratulatory message for my background screening. I went and took the FBAT, and i was called by the recruiter to come in for an interview. I went and was asked 5 questions, and my original documents were reviewed and i was asked to come in for a final interview next week with the warden

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be part of FLDOC?   1 Answer

Correctional Probation Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Myers, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Florida Department of Corrections (Fort Myers, FL) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied for the position and received a call two weeks later to schedule an interview. I interviewed the same week as the call. It was a two person panel interview with the Circuit Court Administrator and Deputy Court Administrator. The interview was about 15 min. and it was six questions in total (mainly scenario based questions). There was also a question about prioritizing your workload and what you use to stay organized. I had to complete some paperwork after the interview. Over a month later, I called for an update and was instructed to complete a physical and drug screen. I signed a contingent offer at that time. Another month passed and I got the official job offer!

Interview Questions

• What do you use to stay organized and prioritize your workload?   1 Answer

Correctional Probation Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Myers, FL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Florida Department of Corrections (Fort Myers, FL) in February 2017.

Interview

The interview process was twenty minutes long. It was only six questions. At first I was nervous but after the first two questions I was okay. They were able to repeat each questions as many times as possible but they couldn't explain what exactly they're asking.

Interview Questions

• Why would you want to become a PO? If an inmate refuses to go to court how would you motive he/she? How would you get prepared for court? Where do you see yourself in the next 2-3 years? If you would want to get your career started; how would you go about it?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There is no negotiation.

Correctional Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raiford, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Florida Department of Corrections (Raiford, FL) in January 2017.

Interview

Took about 3 weeks to get a call for the interview overall interview went very quickly panel interview with asst warden and major asked 6 questions total got the call about an hour after I left saying they wanted to move forward after that too the fbat then got paperwork for drug test and physical that took about 2 weeks started immediately after that

Human Resources Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tallahassee, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Florida Department of Corrections (Tallahassee, FL) in January 2017.

Interview

It was about an hour with a two-person panel. The questions they asked were logical, and they were very candid in answering mine. Very convivial atmosphere; they weren't trying to intimidate or trick anyone. As pleasant an interview as I've ever sat through, and when I left I knew I wanted the job. Before you interview, know your subject matter, know something about DOC, and be able to speak intelligently about your resume and experience.

Interview Questions

• They were thorough but fair. If you take job interviews seriously you're not going to have trouble with this. The important thing is to be honest and make sure you're a good fit with them, and you're interested in the work and like the culture.   Answer Question
    • They asked me about specific items on my resume in the context of the job description. It was not a canned, rote interview.   Answer Question

Customer Service Interview

Interview

I applied online and received a call for interview within a week. The interview was very easy and laid back and lasted about 15 minutes or so. The questions were pretty basic and related to the job. After the interview I did not hear from them for about 2 weeks. I decided to give them a call and check on the status. I was told they would contact me once they finalize candidate. Got a call a couple days later.

Staff Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tallahassee, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Florida Department of Corrections (Tallahassee, FL) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied in October 2016. I got a phone call asking for me to come interview in December. I was told to not expect to hear anything until after the holidays. I was excited when I received a phone call about 1.5 weeks later saying I was selected for the job and they needed me to fill out some paperwork and submit required information such as SSN, Driver's License, Birth Certificate, employment history, etc.. The job offer was pending background check which takes an average of 1 to 3 weeks. I was told at that time they wanted me to start in 2 weeks - January 13th. I accepted.
    Now, mind you, I don't even have a speeding ticket to my name. I have had security clearance with fingerprinting done for a job on a military base in the past that took less than a week to complete. Here it is the middle of January and I have NO update as to my background check/job start date. I have asked the individual who selected me for an update, and I all get back is please be patient, the process can be lengthy.
    Lengthy? It has been almost 1 month since being selected for the position. 3 weeks since filling out the hiring selection packet/starting background check. I have had to push back the start date to the end of January now and even that date is starting to look questionable.
    Typical state organization - hurry up and wait. I was excited about this opportunity but am starting to second guess the decision if the department of corrections can't even complete a background check in a timely fashion, I can't imagine working with them to be any better.

Interview Questions

• How would you feel about helping other departments in need?   Answer Question