Florida Department of Corrections Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Florida Department of Corrections

2.5

Sort:

Anonymous Employee in Tallahassee, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Florida Department of Corrections (Tallahassee, FL) in September 2015.

Interview

It was easy. It's was pretty quick. They will hire anyone. They need staff badly. Asked regular questions. No pressure. The wait for the recruiting officer was longer than the Interview. Not really much to say. Easy.

Anonymous Employee in Wakulla, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Florida Department of Corrections (Wakulla, FL) in January 2015.

Interview

Interview with the major, Colonel, and Warden. Asked various questions about commitment and different scenarios about dangerous situations. Asked about loyalty and mainly scenarios involving if i would run towards danger to save a fellow C.O or a riot, fight, Etc.

Interview Questions

• Would you be willing to shoot to kill an escaping inmate while on post or hospital duty.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Malone, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Florida Department of Corrections (Malone, FL) in September 2017.

Interview

Easy enough process. Applied July 2017. Received a call a few days later and submitted my supplimental application. 2 weeks later I took the FBAT and did the interview. 2 weeks after that I received a call saying I was accepted to the academy. In 2 weeks I take my physical and after that i will know my start date at the academy

Interview Questions

• How can you be a effective corrections Officer?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Florida Department of Corrections (Miami, FL).

Interview

apply through People first , then get an email from a sergeant. submit same documents plus document to be notarized , then wait for interview. panel interview with three staff members. I got good feed back right after.

Interview Questions

• would you shoot an inmate trying to escape   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Raiford, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Florida Department of Corrections (Raiford, FL) in January 2017.

Interview

Took about 3 weeks to get a call for the interview overall interview went very quickly panel interview with asst warden and major asked 6 questions total got the call about an hour after I left saying they wanted to move forward after that too the fbat then got paperwork for drug test and physical that took about 2 weeks started immediately after that

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Florida Department of Corrections.

Interview

(Florida State Prison: Raiford) After about 2 weeks after applying online, I received a phone call to come in for an interview.
    I arrived at the interview site and interviewed with Asst Warden and another higher level officer.
    They asked me 6 pretty simple questions. (I don't remember them specifically. However, I do remember that they were easy to answer). They were just about my experience and history.

Anonymous Employee in Florida City, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Florida Department of Corrections (Florida City, FL) in April 2017.

Interview

Applied online, after 1 week, i was emailed a congratulatory message for my background screening. I went and took the FBAT, and i was called by the recruiter to come in for an interview. I went and was asked 5 questions, and my original documents were reviewed and i was asked to come in for a final interview next week with the warden

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be part of FLDOC?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Polk City, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Florida Department of Corrections (Polk City, FL) in May 2013.

Interview

Three member panel consisting of a regional administrator, colonel and major. Typical interview questions regarding background and experience. Specific questions relating to the correctional field such as how you would handle particular situations.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Raiford, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Florida Department of Corrections (Raiford, FL) in May 2013.

Interview

Once you have put in an application, you are put through the ringer as far as getting all of the paperwork submitted so that you are eligble to go for the interview. At the interview, you sit as in any other interview and wait to be called back for the interview. Once you are called back, you will sit with a hiring officer and some of the upper management of the prison, such as the warden, assistant warden, etc... They will ask you several questions and will describe the job to you. It is a fairly painless process.

Interview Questions

• If an inmate is trying to escape from the prison would you be willing to shoot the inmate?   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to work for the prison?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Florida Department of Corrections (New York, NY) in April 2014.

Interview

The interview consisted of a panel interview with all of the duty wardens present. This included: the three majors, the colonel, the two classification supervisors, the two assistant wardens and the warden. When you go into the lobby there is usually a series of portraits of the duty wardens, try to memorize the names and pictures of them. When you walk into the interview room walk around the table shaking hands with everyone with confidence. There were three to four scenario questions that were all asked through the administrative lieutenant. All questions were common sense questions that didn't need any preparation.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you observed two inmates fighting.   1 Answer
    • What would you do if you observed another employee committing misconduct on or off the job.   1 Answer
    • What is the role of re-entry for the Correctional Officer.   1 Answer
    • Would you be willing to shoot an escaping inmate.   1 Answer