Florida Department of Health Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 6, 2017

2.6

Human Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Pierce, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Florida Department of Health (Fort Pierce, FL) in September 2017.

Interview

The interview process will include 3 people from administration that will conduct the interview. It is a 20-30 minute process with about 10-15 questions. Sometimes they will also have you write a summary about the position you are applying for so it is best to review the job description.

Interview Questions

• How has a previous position prepared you for this position   Answer Question

RN, Bsn Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Florida Department of Health (Tampa, FL).

Interview

Triage, administration medication, vaccine interview, education patient, flebotomian is my first jobs in USA and is very exiting. I lerning more enghlis but i lerning fast. Thank for this opportunity.

Peer Breastfeeding Counselor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sarasota, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Florida Department of Health (Sarasota, FL) in January 2017.

Interview

Long process which was not ideal, but likely due to red tape as with any government position. The lack of communication was somewhat frustrating, I followed up a lot.

Interview Questions

• Questions about how I would help someone breastfeed.   1 Answer

Regulatory Specialist I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Florida Department of Health (Miami, FL).

Interview

I applied through People First, they called me the following week for a work sample. The work sample lasted an hour and they asked me to write a letter addressing why I deserved the position? Do some organization of numbers in ascending order, create a excel document with some random data and write another letter to a provider. I was called again for an interview with a panel of 3 supervisors. Always provide an example to whatever they ask you.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a difficult situation at work and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Florida Department of Health in June 2016.

Interview

I was interviewed by two people. They asked a total of only 8 questions. Prior to the questions I was given a lot of information about the department and what I could expect if I was hired for the position.

Interview Questions

• Has there ever been a time when you felt like the decision of the manager was detrimental to the department? How did you handle this?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was surprised that even though I applied to a permanent position and interviewed for a permanent position only an OPS postion was offered to me. I was pretty disappointed seeing how I wasn't told this would happen up front and had already turned down multiple offers for other permanent jobs. There is no negotiation with OPS positions. Needless to say, I felt tricked.

Disability Examiner Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Florida Department of Health.

Interview

Long process of the interview. They will first give you whole bunch of information about the job then give you a list of 10 interview questions. The interviewer will score you based on your answers to the questions. After the face to face interview with two people, you will be moved to a room for an written exam. It supposed to be 20 minutes written exam but I am pretty sure I did not get the full 20 minutes to write because I looked at the time before I started writing.

Interview Questions

• In the written exam, please explain what skills would you use to prepare you to be a Disability Examiner.   Answer Question

Database Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tallahassee, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Florida Department of Health (Tallahassee, FL) in May 2016.

Interview

The interview process was both technical and personal. They asked questions to get to know me and the kind of person I am (hard worker, can work by myself, can find and use resources), and then asked technical questions to see at what level of understanding I was at. The technical part of the interview included a 1 page sheet of paper with 21 questions on it and included technical questions that ranged from HTML/CSS to SQL query code.

Interview Questions

• Name some resources you use to find answers to coding or syntax issues?   Answer Question

Disability Examiner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tallahassee, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Florida Department of Health (Tallahassee, FL) in May 2016.

Interview

When completing the application asked a few question that would pertain to the job. Was asked to complete a skills assessment, that was fairly easy due to it being health related (if you familiar with health). Was called weeks later to come do a face to face interview, then immediately proceeded to complete background, and was extended an offer.

RN Staff Nurse Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Florida Department of Health.

Interview

Easy. Panel interview. Basic questions about experience. Friendly. Total interview time 30 minutes. Interview started with discussion about pay and benefits. Did not want to waste anyone's time. Talked about promotion potential. Easy and fair interview. No complaints to speak of.

Government Operations Consultant II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tallahassee, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Florida Department of Health (Tallahassee, FL) in January 2016.

Interview

The process was extended. I applied in October, was interviewed in January, and was offered the job in February. I went on two different interviews. The first took about an hour, and it consisted of me answering questions about my experience and how I would handle certain situations. The next interview (which occurred two weeks later) involved me meeting the director, and completing a skills test.