Florida Department of Health Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Florida Department of Health

2.7

Planning Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arcadia, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Florida Department of Health (Arcadia, FL) in May 2018.

Interview

Good parts and bad parts were present for the interview process. Good: It was pretty simple. First a panel interview with the supervisor, one of the management staff, and a third employee from another department in the same role. They asked canned questions about your related experience. I was called back later that same day and scheduled a phone interview with the administrator which lasted about 2 minutes for 2 more canned questions. About a week later I was verbally told that I was offered the position. Cut forward to 6 months later and I was still waiting on the offer letter, maintaining contact with HR every week or so to make sure its still coming. Almost went with another job until this offer came in at the last minute with a higher salary.

Lab Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Florida Department of Health.

Interview

Brought in by lab supervisor, admin HR, and nurse. They asked me hypothetical questions, mostly about customer service. Asked about prior experience, and if I intended to stay longer than a year.

Interview Questions

• When it comes to providers asking questions, the phone is ringing, and theres a patient waiting, what comes first?   2 Answers

Nutritionist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Florida Department of Health.

Interview

4 people took turns asking me questions of various types. They then recorded a score presumably to tally after the interview. I did not hear a word for several weeks and began to believe I was not chosen. I then got a call wanting me to start right away

Interview Questions

• What is my experience with.....   1 Answer

Nutritionist Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Palm Beach, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 7+ months. I interviewed at Florida Department of Health (West Palm Beach, FL) in January 2016.

Interview

Formal interview with two leadership positions they took turns asking questions from a prepared list and they wrote down every single answer I provided then i had to take a written exam after.

Interview Questions

• What nutritional education experience do you have   1 Answer

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Florida Department of Health (New York, NY).

Interview

I found the princess to be quick and surprisingly thorough. Many companies these days put applicants resumes through a program which looks for buzzwords and never give it a second look. I was surprised and impressed to see that not only did they read each application thoroughly but they compared it to the resume to find any discrepancies to make sure that the time that was initiated for the process was not wasted time and they interviewed only qualified candidates. I received a call a few weeks after applying. I was invited to interview and it was scheduled within that week. It was a panel interview with three people, two from the department and one from another area so they can have an opinion from someone outside the dept.
    The interview process was pleasant and professional. I was told I would receive notice hopefully by the end of that week letting me know if I was to move forward or not. I found this to be refreshing because many companies will just ignores those we're not getting the position leaving them wondering and waiting.
    I don't know if the process for all positions with the state of this thorough and timely, but I will definitely say I am impressed with the process and research they do to find the perfect fit.

Interview Questions

• I was asked 8 to 10 behavioral questions which related to the position I was applying for   Answer Question

Interview

Sit in a room with five people and answer tech questions. The interview lasted one hour and I was hired on the spot, Overall it was not very stressful but others with less experience might have a different opinion.

Biological Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Florida Department of Health in July 2018.

Interview

Applied Online (PeopleFirst)
    Received phone call 3 Weeks later to set up Interview within 2 Days
    Panel Interview (Supervisor/Director) - Spanglish Interview (questions were TOO fast/interviewers heavy accent) Asked to repeat question several times due to difficulty understand both of them Questions are similar to STAR method would have been more successful if interviews slowed down and pronounced words properly

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tallahassee, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Florida Department of Health (Tallahassee, FL) in June 2012.

Interview

Had an initial panel interview with members from HR and then a second interview with the actual supervisor. I also had to do a skills test (write a letter, do an excel spreadsheet, and edit a travel form). They asked about 8 questions each and the interviews both lasted about 15 mins or less each.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when you made a professional mistake, how did you handle it   Answer Question

RN Staff Nurse Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Florida Department of Health.

Interview

Easy. Panel interview. Basic questions about experience. Friendly. Total interview time 30 minutes. Interview started with discussion about pay and benefits. Did not want to waste anyone's time. Talked about promotion potential. Easy and fair interview. No complaints to speak of.

RN, Bsn Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Florida Department of Health (Tampa, FL).

Interview

Triage, administration medication, vaccine interview, education patient, flebotomian is my first jobs in USA and is very exiting. I lerning more enghlis but i lerning fast. Thank for this opportunity.