Florida Department of Juvenile Justice Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.3

Sort:

Correctional Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tallahassee, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Florida Department of Juvenile Justice (Tallahassee, FL) in January 2017.

Interview

It was simple and and quick. The interviewer was polite and was interested in what I had to say. She made me feel comfortable during the interview process. I did get hired for the job. I have always wanted to work for the department of juvenile justice.

Instructional Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tallahassee, FL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Florida Department of Juvenile Justice (Tallahassee, FL) in February 2014.

Interview

Two people interviewed with me. They ask the same questions to all candidates, at least that is what they told me. They were exhausted because my interview started at 4 pm and I was the seventh candidate.

Juvenile Probation Officer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Florida Department of Juvenile Justice.

Interview

60 minutes, 7 questions, and 2 person panel interview. Most questions are not tell me about a time but rather what do you think about... then you must pass the IMPACT test, reference check, background check and drug test

Interview Questions

• What are important traits that a Juvenile Probation Officer need to have?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Florida Department of Juvenile Justice (Orlando, FL).

Interview

I applied over the internet and they contacted me 3 months later for an interview. The interview itself was rather quickly, about 15 minutes, only 6 questions. Also, a 5 person panel

Interview Questions

• What qualities do juvenile probation officers have to have?   1 Answer
    • How would I handle a abused child and parent?   1 Answer
    • What community resources are there for a child and parent and how can I find more programs?   Answer Question
    • How do I stay organized?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Fort Walton Beach, FL

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Florida Department of Juvenile Justice (Fort Walton Beach, FL) in May 2008.

Interview

Know Florida Statute 985, Know community resources, Be able to recite all experience with youth, counseling experience, be able to relay how you would handle difficult situations, know time frames for legal requirements of job, review employee handbook found on DJJ website.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to list the kind of difficult situations when working with youth and they were looking for specific answers   Answer Question

Negotiation

They start at the bottom of the scale and it is difficult to get more. If you do, it will be no more than 10% above bottom of the scale

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Florida Department of Juvenile Justice (Jacksonville, FL) in March 2014.

Interview

I applied online and then received an email inviting me to an online writing exam the next day with short notice, i was then invited to an in person interview then called back for an in person testing for ergonomics and then a drug test was conducted along with a background and then i received an offer letter

Interview Questions

• are you willing to work overtime?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Florida Department of Juvenile Justice (Orlando, FL) in October 2015.

Interview

While scheduling the interview I was told the interview would start at 9am and be over no later than 11am. Upon arrival I realized that was not the case. There were 30+ applicants and 1 interviewer. They began by explaining the job duties for roughly 2 hours. After which they gave us a two page assessment to complete in 45 minutes. Once everyone had completed the assessments, we waited to be called into a separate room to be interviewed by the Chief. By the time my name was called it was about 1:30pm. During the waiting, some applicants had to leave to return to their jobs. After everyone was interviewed individually, we took an half hour lunch. Upon returning from lunch we began another assessment to test our interactions with the mentally unstable and/or troubled children. By the time we all completed the timed assessment and were given back our proof of ID it was 4:30pm. By far the longest interview of my life.

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Florida Department of Juvenile Justice (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in January 2015.

Interview

I went in for an interview and ask about 8-10 questions with two supervisors. They explain their position, explain the job title, and how many positions they had open.

Interview Questions

• What would you do to prepare your self for court? How to deal with a upset parent? How do you prioritize your time management skills?   2 Answers

Negotiation

No Negotiation, it stated it in the application.

Systems Project Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Florida Department of Juvenile Justice (Jacksonville, FL) in March 2012.

Interview

Easy going. There was a panel with different managers. Nice people. Very polite. I enjoyed the experience. After a few weeks I receive a call from the recruiter. I had a work offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The recruiter call me an told me how much they could offer me.

Juvenile Detention Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Florida Department of Juvenile Justice (Tampa, FL).

Interview

Applied on peoplefirst.com, got called in. After a briefing about how bad life is going to suck, they give you a short psych test to see if your good with situations involving the youth. If you do well on that they offer you a job. Started with 70 people, after the briefing lost half, after the psych lost the other half. Finally, ended up with 10 people, and half that never showed up again.

Interview Questions

• Are you good with situations involving the youth?   1 Answer