Florida Department of Juvenile Justice Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Florida Department of Juvenile Justice Interview Questions

2.3

Juvenile Justice Probation Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cape Coral, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Florida Department of Juvenile Justice (Cape Coral, FL) in August 2016.

Interview

No wait . I filled out 2 applications forms that consisted of background check and my signature. I had to write an essay of what I thought were the biggest factors for juvenile delinquency. I was interviewed by 4 different supervisors for different locations. Very pleasant and professional.

Interview Questions

• How would I calm down an angry parent?   1 Answer

Juvenile Detention Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Florida Department of Juvenile Justice (Tampa, FL).

Interview

Applied on peoplefirst.com, got called in. After a briefing about how bad life is going to suck, they give you a short psych test to see if your good with situations involving the youth. If you do well on that they offer you a job. Started with 70 people, after the briefing lost half, after the psych lost the other half. Finally, ended up with 10 people, and half that never showed up again.

Interview Questions

• Are you good with situations involving the youth?   1 Answer

JDO II Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Florida Department of Juvenile Justice in November 2015.

Interview

Hiring - people 1st application
    Ergometrics exam pass or fail basis
    Called for interview group panel captain and a Sgt
    Background investigation
    Job offer

About a 2 to 3 month hiring process

Fair and quickly moving of hiring process

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Firm salary starting.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Florida Department of Juvenile Justice (Orlando, FL) in October 2015.

Interview

While scheduling the interview I was told the interview would start at 9am and be over no later than 11am. Upon arrival I realized that was not the case. There were 30+ applicants and 1 interviewer. They began by explaining the job duties for roughly 2 hours. After which they gave us a two page assessment to complete in 45 minutes. Once everyone had completed the assessments, we waited to be called into a separate room to be interviewed by the Chief. By the time my name was called it was about 1:30pm. During the waiting, some applicants had to leave to return to their jobs. After everyone was interviewed individually, we took an half hour lunch. Upon returning from lunch we began another assessment to test our interactions with the mentally unstable and/or troubled children. By the time we all completed the timed assessment and were given back our proof of ID it was 4:30pm. By far the longest interview of my life.

Government Operations Consultant II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tallahassee, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Florida Department of Juvenile Justice (Tallahassee, FL) in May 2015.

Interview

Application for this job was posted on Peoples First. Few qualifying questions. shortlist was two people. the interview was laid back. Easy. Two people panel. They both had five questions each. Really didn't need to say much. They did all the talking.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle situations where you are requesting information and the respondent is not cooperating.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No chance to negotiate, it was a take the rate offered or leave it.

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Florida Department of Juvenile Justice (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in January 2015.

Interview

I went in for an interview and ask about 8-10 questions with two supervisors. They explain their position, explain the job title, and how many positions they had open.

Interview Questions

• What would you do to prepare your self for court? How to deal with a upset parent? How do you prioritize your time management skills?   2 Answers

Negotiation

No Negotiation, it stated it in the application.

JDO I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Florida Department of Juvenile Justice (Tampa, FL) in January 2015.

Interview

An interview with 2 supervisors occurred. After this, a personality based assessment was given and a drug test. If this is passed, the hiring process starts. This is a pretty straightforward process, however, patience is key. There were long periods of time in between hearing from DJJ. The whole process took approximately 2 months.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. Why do you want to work here? Are you comfortable working overtime?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Florida Department of Juvenile Justice (Jacksonville, FL) in March 2014.

Interview

I applied online and then received an email inviting me to an online writing exam the next day with short notice, i was then invited to an in person interview then called back for an in person testing for ergonomics and then a drug test was conducted along with a background and then i received an offer letter

Systems Project Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Florida Department of Juvenile Justice (Jacksonville, FL) in March 2012.

Interview

Easy going. There was a panel with different managers. Nice people. Very polite. I enjoyed the experience. After a few weeks I receive a call from the recruiter. I had a work offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The recruiter call me an told me how much they could offer me.

Anonymous Employee in Fort Walton Beach, FL

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Florida Department of Juvenile Justice (Fort Walton Beach, FL) in May 2008.

Interview

Know Florida Statute 985, Know community resources, Be able to recite all experience with youth, counseling experience, be able to relay how you would handle difficult situations, know time frames for legal requirements of job, review employee handbook found on DJJ website.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to list the kind of difficult situations when working with youth and they were looking for specific answers   Answer Question

Negotiation

They start at the bottom of the scale and it is difficult to get more. If you do, it will be no more than 10% above bottom of the scale