Florida Department of Revenue Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Florida Department of Revenue Interview Questions

Updated Oct 13, 2017

2.6

Revenue Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Florida Department of Revenue.

Interview

Selected for interview after taking skills test. Interview consisted of 3 people asking questions. There are less than 10 questions and answers are written down by each person. It can feel intimidating at first.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leesburg, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Florida Department of Revenue (Leesburg, FL) in April 2017.

Interview

I qualified for the Skills Verification Test (SVT) for the Revenue Specialist II position. The SVT had basic math and customer service questions. The people who scored the highest on the SVT were called back for an interview. The interview consisted of a panel of three and a potential candidate for the same position.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle constructive criticism?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Fort Myers, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Florida Department of Revenue (Fort Myers, FL) in April 2017.

Interview

I received an encrypted email for a Skills Verification text thato included problem solving math questions. I was given 2 hours to complete it. You have to be between the 5 highest scores to be chosen for an interview. I was contacted two days later and interviewed 4 days after testing. The interview was given by a panel of three. Asked 12 questions, each took turns asking the questions as all of them wrote down my answers. I was contacted 4 working days later with a conditional offer. It is Conditional pending pinger printing for complete background check. I started with the department 3 weeks after applying as I did need to give at least a weeks notice to my current employer.

Interview Questions

• In what way will your experience from your current job help you collecting for Revenue?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Port Charlotte, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Florida Department of Revenue (Port Charlotte, FL) in April 2017.

Interview

Applied online, then was sent an email saying I passed the first step in their hiring process. They scheduled a specific day and time for all the chosen applicants to come in and take a skills test. After that they called only a select few people to come in for a face to face interview.

Interview Questions

• They gave a skills test first to see what you would score. They only selected the top few scores.   1 Answer

Revenue Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Florida Department of Revenue in April 2017.

Interview

Hiring is done kinda like a panel...it seems they hire anyone ..and once you are on the managers act like little kids and gossip like no one's business ..no one wants to help and sometimes you feel a vibe as if your not wanted

Interview Questions

• why do you want to work here? and how long do you plan on being here   Answer Question

Operations Review Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tallahassee, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Florida Department of Revenue (Tallahassee, FL) in January 2017.

Interview

Submitted an application on the People First website. Was contacted for a Skills Verification Test a week later. Interview was two weeks after that -- group interview consisted of hiring manager, another manager, and a would-be coworker.

Interview Questions

• How do you approach having to handle multiple projects at the same time?   1 Answer

Revenue Specialist II Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Florida Department of Revenue.

Interview

you take an svt basically you have to pass a test with questions about how to convert whole numbers to percentages and stuff like that. Then you went in for a panel interview of about four people.

Interview Questions

• why would you like to work her, why do you think you are a good fit. How are your phone skills   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Florida Department of Revenue (Tampa, FL) in July 2016.

Interview

Before getting to the interview you had to pass a skills test. Mostly math, but you had to be able to analyze the information provided to come up with the correct answer. The test is made to see if you can think critically and outside the box. The interview was with 3 people, all nice and down to earth. It's a little nerve-wracking stepping into a room and seeing 3 people there, but their personalities made it easy to get comfortable.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions involved accounting experience.   1 Answer

Revenue Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Palm Beach, FL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Florida Department of Revenue (West Palm Beach, FL).

Interview

Interview process was very simple. I took a test and answered a few questions. The process was not what I expected for a management position. It really devalued the job.

Interview Questions

• standard questions, tell me about a time when, when you, how you........

There was also a test related to Microsoft office. Again it was very simple, not what you would expect from a management position.   1 Answer
    • Why did you apply for this position working with the Child Support Division?   1 Answer

Operations Management Consultante Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tallahassee, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Florida Department of Revenue (Tallahassee, FL) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied for the position and once the ad had closed in People First I was called for an interview. Because the position was SES, there was no skill verification test.

Interview Questions

• How I would handle a difficult customer   1 Answer