Florida Department of Revenue Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 27, 2017

2.5

Operations Review Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tallahassee, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Florida Department of Revenue (Tallahassee, FL) in January 2017.

Interview

Submitted an application on the People First website. Was contacted for a Skills Verification Test a week later. Interview was two weeks after that -- group interview consisted of hiring manager, another manager, and a would-be coworker.

Interview Questions

• How do you approach having to handle multiple projects at the same time?   1 Answer

Revenue Specialist II Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Florida Department of Revenue.

Interview

you take an svt basically you have to pass a test with questions about how to convert whole numbers to percentages and stuff like that. Then you went in for a panel interview of about four people.

Interview Questions

• why would you like to work her, why do you think you are a good fit. How are your phone skills   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Florida Department of Revenue (Tampa, FL) in July 2016.

Interview

Before getting to the interview you had to pass a skills test. Mostly math, but you had to be able to analyze the information provided to come up with the correct answer. The test is made to see if you can think critically and outside the box. The interview was with 3 people, all nice and down to earth. It's a little nerve-wracking stepping into a room and seeing 3 people there, but their personalities made it easy to get comfortable.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions involved accounting experience.   1 Answer

Revenue Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Palm Beach, FL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Florida Department of Revenue (West Palm Beach, FL).

Interview

Interview process was very simple. I took a test and answered a few questions. The process was not what I expected for a management position. It really devalued the job.

Interview Questions

• standard questions, tell me about a time when, when you, how you........

There was also a test related to Microsoft office. Again it was very simple, not what you would expect from a management position.
      1 Answer
    • Why did you apply for this position working with the Child Support Division?   1 Answer

Operations Management Consultante Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tallahassee, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Florida Department of Revenue (Tallahassee, FL) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied for the position and once the ad had closed in People First I was called for an interview. Because the position was SES, there was no skill verification test.

Interview Questions

• How I would handle a difficult customer   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Florida Department of Revenue (New York, NY).

Interview

Firstly you have to present an easy tricky skills verification test, if you're on the top results you'll be hired to present an interview with 3 managers and 1 panelist, 6 questions

Interview Questions

• An experience collecting taxes   1 Answer

Senior Clerk Interview

Application

Interview

Selected applicants are required to take a Skills Verification Test, which covers the basic knowledge necessary to do the job. The candidates with the top four test results are then selected for interview. You are brought back into a room of three panelists who each ask you a set of questions. As you answer, they all make note of your answers. Once completed, they ask if you have any questions for them, explain the notification process, and thank you for your time.

Interview Questions

• What do you feel is important to having a successful working environment?   Answer Question

Revenue Specialist III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tallahassee, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Florida Department of Revenue (Tallahassee, FL) in December 2015.

Interview

Took SVT and to gain your knowledge and then waited for the test to be graded and then you were chosen for an interview. I was interviewed by three members of the department and was asked 6 different questions and waited as they wrote down there answers.

Interview Questions

• How would you prioritize your tasks for the day?   1 Answer

Tax Auditor I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Florida Department of Revenue (Miami, FL).

Interview

They call you in for an interview, you sit with a panel of people, one begin the hiring manage then they ask about 10 questions. Prior to askin the questions you take a skills verification test. After they grade it they call you in for a interview

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had a problem with a supervisor, what did you do l?   1 Answer

Senior Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bradenton, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Florida Department of Revenue (Bradenton, FL).

Interview

Seemed rather basic as I recall. I was asked some generic questions regarding previous experiences. I can't remember any of the questions, but it was a pleasant experience, They wanted some detail on previous jobs and the related duties. Seemed rather basic as I recall. I was asked some generic questions regarding previous experiences. I can't remember any of the questions, but it was a pleasant experience, They wanted some detail on previous jobs and the related duties. Overall not a painful experience.

Interview Questions

• As I recall the questions included a couple of how would you handle this situation?   1 Answer