Florida Department of Transportation Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.4

Sort:

Contract Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Florida Department of Transportation (Tampa, FL) in May 2016.

Interview

Prior to the actual interview, you are required to take a work sample. After that, you are interviewed by at least two people and they ask questions about your experience, you as a person, and your direct knowledge of contract administration.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with issues relating to your supervisor?   Answer Question

Warehouse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Deland, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Florida Department of Transportation (Deland, FL) in November 2017.

Interview

by phone with confirmation before and after. supplied information of salary and process if the interview was successful. hourly rate and expectation for the position posted. 5 question interview with Q&A after.

Interview Questions

• which did I work best alone or in groups   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Florida Department of Transportation (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in February 2017.

Interview

Group Interview with recruiter and two PE's. I did most of the talking. They did not spend much time telling me about the position itself or what type of training is provided to someone with no previous experience.

Trainer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Florida Department of Transportation (Orlando, FL).

Interview

Two rounds- Traditional interview including 10-15min presentation in front of panel. Interview questions were average. 10 questions were asked.
    Interviewers were pleasant and and inviting.They were also just as excited as I was during the interview. They made the mood much lighter and the setting more comfortable.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume.

Provide some examples of when you've collaborated with team members to complete a task. What was the result?   Answer Question

Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Florida Department of Transportation (Jacksonville, FL) in May 2014.

Interview

I had one interview on the phone. Not painstaking at all, very general and personal. I felt like i was not being tricked, which is usually how the job seeker feels during this process.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think yo should be chosen for this position?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Deland, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Florida Department of Transportation (Deland, FL) in August 2008.

Interview

After the candidate submits the online application, someone from the specific department will call you to schedule a follow-up interview, or you will receive an email stating that you did not get the position. After the interview, it can take a while for management to make the hiring decision so it's just a waiting game unless they are short-staffed and need to train someone ASAP. Many times, candidates that have some -any- connection to a current employee is chosen just for that reason. Make sure to mention anyone that you might possibly know that works there. Most interviews are panel interviews so brush up on your panel skills (smile/talk to each person, etc). Many government managers have sensitive egos so be sure you speak to each panel member. Most people are very kind and forgive small gaffes. They are likely just as nervous as you since the interviewers are not hiring managers just engineers that got stuck interviewing candidates.

Interview Questions

• Describe characteristics of the roadway you used to travel here.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Since the budget has been cut for state agencies, most are hiring at base salary (the low number listed on the position posting). For the most part they hire you and then ask if your salary is "ok" while you're signing the paperwork. There is not much "negotiation" between the interview and hiring timeline.

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Florida Department of Transportation in March 2018.

Interview

Only had one interview and it went really well. It was pretty casual, the people who interviewed me made me feel very comfortable. They asked questions that related to my current job and how the experience I have now would benefit me in the position. Great interview with very little generic questions.

Office Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oviedo, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Florida Department of Transportation (Oviedo, FL) in October 2009.

Interview

3 panel interview. Asked for examples of how I used computer programs, what I knew about the Department of Transportation, and if I would be okay working around prisoners. The interview lasted over an hour. I received a personal call back stating that they would like me to work for them but that they found someone with previous office experience for the position so they were going with the other candidate at that time.

Interview Questions

• Give a specific example of how you compiled data in Excel for a previous job.   1 Answer

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tallahassee, FL

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Florida Department of Transportation (Tallahassee, FL) in February 2009.

Interview

The interview was fairly straight forward. They went through each responsibility within my job description. They asked me how much experience I had on each responsibility. Before providing my resume, I had called my potential supervisor and talked to her. She was receptive which provided me the first clue that this will be positive.

Interview Questions

• Why do you believe that you are the right person for the job?   Answer Question

Computer Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palm Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Florida Department of Transportation (Palm Beach, FL) in September 2015.

Interview

Single over the phone initial interview. with requested information that was submitted that could be considered to be confidential at times. head hunter did call at first to verify and get information to submit information

Interview Questions

• Knowledge and skills in the repair of computers and service ability   Answer Question