Florida Department of Transportation Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Florida Department of Transportation Interview Questions

Updated Feb 26, 2017

2.6

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Florida Department of Transportation.

Interview

Was invited for an interview at the FDOT office I would be working in. Very relaxed; came in business casual and gave a quick presentation to a small panel. After a couple questions, was given a tour of the facilities I would be responsible for. It is worth noting that I was a freshman with little professional experience.

Trainer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Florida Department of Transportation (Orlando, FL).

Interview

Two rounds- Traditional interview including 10-15min presentation in front of panel. Interview questions were average. 10 questions were asked.
    Interviewers were pleasant and and inviting.They were also just as excited as I was during the interview. They made the mood much lighter and the setting more comfortable.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume.

Provide some examples of when you've collaborated with team members to complete a task. What was the result?
      Answer Question

Cost Center Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tallahassee, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Florida Department of Transportation (Tallahassee, FL) in July 2016.

Interview

It seemed to be favoring internal candidates with very specific backgrounds. There was definitely no thinking outside the box. In fact, after answering a question regarding my qualifications and background, the hiring manager asked "So, to be clear, the answer is 'no,?' you have never managed a Cost Center for the state of Florida?"

Interview Questions

• Please relate your background and experiences to managing a cost center for the state. Have you previously managed a cost center?   1 Answer

Computer Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palm Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Florida Department of Transportation (Palm Beach, FL) in September 2015.

Interview

Single over the phone initial interview. with requested information that was submitted that could be considered to be confidential at times. head hunter did call at first to verify and get information to submit information

Interview Questions

• Knowledge and skills in the repair of computers and service ability   Answer Question

Project Development Engineering Specialist I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tallahassee, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Florida Department of Transportation (Tallahassee, FL) in July 2015.

Interview

The interview process was very relaxed. The interview panel consisted of 2 department supervisors alternating interview questions. There were some general questions and some specific to the job opening. The interview lasted about 30 minutes

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between Quality control and Quality assurance? Tell us about your experience with it.   1 Answer
    • What is your greatest strength and weakness?   Answer Question
    • What is NEPA and what is your experience with it?   Answer Question
    • A FDOT employee from another district contacts your for information how do your establish a good line of communication?   Answer Question
    • Do you feel you work best in a group or solo?   Answer Question
    • Define the process in a typical FDOT project.   Answer Question
    • What made you decide to apply for this position?   Answer Question
    • What a the strengths and disadvantages of working with a group?   Answer Question

Crash Location Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tallahassee, FL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Florida Department of Transportation (Tallahassee, FL) in June 2014.

Interview

laid back and easy.. The interview last about 15min where they ask you general questions about your skills and job experience. Once you;re done they sit you at a computer to read a document in which there was a quiz at the end.The place where they sit is where all the other employees are working so get a feel of the job and the other coworkers. Apparently you're judged by the other coworkers on whether or not you will be a good fit for the group. Their score for is added to your interview score.laid back and easy.. The interview last about 15min where they ask you general questions about your skills and job experience. Once you;re done they sit you at a computer to read a document in which there was a quiz at the end.The place where they sit is where all the other employees are working so get a feel of the job and the other coworkers. Apparently you're judged by the other coworkers on whether or not you will be a good fit for the group. Their score for is added to your interview score.

Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Florida Department of Transportation (Jacksonville, FL) in May 2014.

Interview

I had one interview on the phone. Not painstaking at all, very general and personal. I felt like i was not being tricked, which is usually how the job seeker feels during this process.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think yo should be chosen for this position?   Answer Question

Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tallahassee, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Florida Department of Transportation (Tallahassee, FL) in March 2011.

Interview

They contacted my university looking for students who were good at what they needed. I was the best in my class so I was one of 3 students interviewed for the position. I initially interviewed for an intern position but I was part time within a few months.

Interview Questions

• Do you remember the interview questions from so long ago?   1 Answer

Office Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oviedo, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Florida Department of Transportation (Oviedo, FL) in October 2009.

Interview

3 panel interview. Asked for examples of how I used computer programs, what I knew about the Department of Transportation, and if I would be okay working around prisoners. The interview lasted over an hour. I received a personal call back stating that they would like me to work for them but that they found someone with previous office experience for the position so they were going with the other candidate at that time.

Interview Questions

• Give a specific example of how you compiled data in Excel for a previous job.   1 Answer

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tallahassee, FL

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Florida Department of Transportation (Tallahassee, FL) in February 2009.

Interview

The interview was fairly straight forward. They went through each responsibility within my job description. They asked me how much experience I had on each responsibility. Before providing my resume, I had called my potential supervisor and talked to her. She was receptive which provided me the first clue that this will be positive.

Interview Questions

• Why do you believe that you are the right person for the job?   Answer Question