Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission Interview Questions

Interviews at Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission

Ops Interview

Interview

Very friendly and they made me feel at ease. Very thorough in the interview without it sounding like an interrogation. The whole process went very quick. From application to offer it was two weeks.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission in May 2014.

Interview

I was interviewed by 2 people simultaneously. They started out with easy, conversational questions, asking about hobbies and where I was from. Then, they took turns asking questions from a list of 30-40 standard interview questions. The questions required detailed, thoughtful answers, but they were fair. I would recommend looking at common interview questions and preparing good answers.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had difficulties working with someone else. What was the issue and how was it resolved?   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tallahassee, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission (Tallahassee, FL) in September 2014.

Interview

I was interviewed at 8 am and was asked basic hiring questions. You know, how do you handle conflict, what is your greatest strength, greatest weakness, if you were offered more money what would you do?

Actually, not sure if it was the hour I was interviewed, but these questions threw me off. It had been YEARS since I was asked these questions.

Interview Questions

• If I was offered more money from another employer, what would I do? Would you leave.   1 Answer

Biological Scientist II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Panama City, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission (Panama City, FL) in March 2016.

Interview

I had three people interview me, 2 from Tallahassee and 1 from the office that I would be working in. While they offered to do it by Skype, I choose to do it in person. They are letting me finish out the year with my students before I start the job.

Interview Questions

• Please draw a diagram of the monitoring system that you would use for this project.   Answer Question
    • What experience do you have with coastal ecology?   Answer Question
    • What experience do you have with restoration ecology?   Answer Question
    • What experience do you have with setting up and running research in a coastal ecosystem?   Answer Question

Records Management Liaison Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tallahassee, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission (Tallahassee, FL) in November 2014.

Interview

It was very comfortable and friendly. I was interviewed by the managing lawyer plus another lawyer. The position was not described very adequately, and I was promised training (which I subsequently did not receive.)

Interview Questions

• Did I realize I would not be doing standard paralegal work?   1 Answer

Education and Outreach Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission (Miami, FL) in November 2018.

Interview

Was contacted by the hiring office approximately a week after the application closed. Interview was the following week. Had to give a presentation on a specific topic, which was simple. Overall, was positive and people were friendly!

Interview Questions

• What does Florida Fish and Wildlife do? Familiar with techniques stated in application   Answer Question

OPS Wildlife Biologist II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Panama City, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission (Panama City, FL) in March 2016.

Interview

People really make you comfortable. The interview was 1.5 hours long. Questions were behavioural and technical at the same time. They were about study design, statistical elaboration and scuba diving.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission.

Interview

Applied online. 2 weeks later was offered an interview. Actual interview lasted about an hour. 3 people took turns asking a mix of behavioral and more science / conservation related questions.

OPS Biological Scientist II Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission.

Interview

It was a ~1.5 hour panel interview (3 people) over Skype. Interviewers were kind, and questions were typical of entry level positions in wildlife biology - most were focused on assessing field skills, data management/analysis, and leadership experience.

Interview Questions

• Explain your strategy for managing multiple field projects at once while working with several project leads that may have competing demands   Answer Question