Florida Hospital Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Florida Hospital Interview Questions

Updated Mar 20, 2017

2.6

Administrative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Florida Hospital.

Interview

Sat down with department manager. We discussed what the office does and ways each one help each other which was great in my opinion. He asked me a couple of other questions which was fairly easy to answer.

Physician Liaison Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Altamonte Springs, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Florida Hospital (Altamonte Springs, FL).

Interview

Conducted a one-on-one interview. A few weeks later I was called back for another interview with the Physician Liaison Director and Business Development Director. Everyone involved in the interview was personable and made it comfortable.

Interview Questions

• What are some of your strengths that would help you succeed in this position?   Answer Question

Interview

Very smooth interview. Common questions and very nice environment. I got an offer right after I left the interview. The offer was up to my expectations. There were 4 interviewers and it went over an hour. Then the second interview was 3 interviewers and went over an hour as well.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with a customer that is yelling every time you meet him/her?   Answer Question

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ormond Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Florida Hospital (Ormond Beach, FL) in February 2017.

Interview

Very professional but friendly. Was at a hiring event but had done a phone interview with the recruiter the week before. I met briefly with the manager and educator and took a tour of the unit.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here   1 Answer

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Altamonte Springs, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Florida Hospital (Altamonte Springs, FL) in February 2017.

Interview

Contacted through Nurse recruiter via emails and phone calls. Connected with HR, sent up interview date for Video Interview. Very easy set up using email for Video Interview on laptop. Have the Video interview!

Interview Questions

• What is your current Nurse to Patient ratio?   1 Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Florida Hospital (Tampa, FL) in February 2017.

Interview

It was done through an app and felt impersonal. I would have much rather met with the recruiter in person, so that he get a better idea of my personality and work ethic, instead of 30 second answers.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Florida Hospital (New York, NY).

Interview

The phone screen was conducted after a phone interview and face-to-face meeting with the hiring manager. The process was "backwards" and was not very organized. They did not get back to me in a timely manner.

Interview Questions

• What is the "minimum" amount of salary you would accept for this job?   Answer Question

Graduate Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Florida Hospital (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

I had 2 Interviews for the Graduate RN program- 1 with PCU, 1 with the Cardiac Units.
    I applied online and received an invitation for a web-cam interview 4 days later. That part was easy. The app asks you basic questions ("Why do you want to work here", "Why nursing?", "What can you contribute?"). It allows you 2 chances to record responses, however, once you record the first response you cannot go back. Also, the responses are timed (30 seconds to think of an answer between 2 responses, if that make sense). I then received a call for an in-person interview w/ PCU a week and a half later. Luckily, the recruiters send you an email prior to your interview and are very thorough about what to expect, directions, etc.
    Anyways, the PCU interview was the easier of my two. I was interviewed by 2 charge-nurses and they asked me questions like "Why would I want to work there?" etc. They also asked me case-scenario-type questions about chest pain, stroke patients, and diabetic patients. Once I provided them with nursing assessments and interventions (as well as some meds), they asked me to prioritize a list of patients based on condition. Truthfully, the case-scenario questions weren't too difficult. I then toured the unit with the charge nurse and that was that. Honestly, I thought I BOMBED my interview, but that's a whole other story (I ended up being offered a position..).
    The interview for the cardiac floors was completely different and a lot more difficult!! I, first, interviewed with the HR recruiter (who asks you personality questions- why you "want to work there", i.e.). She was kind enough to prepare me for the panel interview by going over general, practice case-scenarios (my most memorable clinical and patient, a time that I "managed time wisely", conflict resolution, etc.). I was then escorted to an interview in which I sat in front of a panel of 6 cardiac charge nurses (all from different units- cardiac ICU, HF unit, cardiac cath. lab, cardiac PCU, etc.). I cannot lie, this was the most difficult interview! They went straight into firing off case-scenario-type questions (and they were VERY SPECIFIC). They asked me to recite the cardiac cycle (which is a must-know and is always asked, btw); they asked me a LOT about cardiac caths. (right vs. left caths, priority assessments ((check pulses)), retro-peritoneal hematomas, indications for cath & timing for procedures r/t MI's); they asked me about the drips I've seen and what the dosage for amiodorone was; they asked me about heparin & warfarin & what to monitor for (s/e and labs); ECG's, ETC.. It was very intimidating! My advice: STUDY UP AS MUCH AS YOU CAN ON CARDIAC (don't be caught off guard like I was).
    Other than that, everybody I met was SUPER nice. Again, study before your interview(s) (case-scenario's; answers to those personality questions & clinical experiences)! Arrive up to an hour early (to find your way around & touch up on material). Bring multiple copies of your portfolio- I included a cover letter, my resume, my BLS/ACLS card, a letter of recommendation, and my certificates, as well as "sit pass" (they complimented that!). Dress professionally and BREATHE!
    If you have any questions, ask your HR recruiter (they are awesome!). They'll give you tips/advice if you ask and will notify you as soon as they know whether you got an offer or didn't. And again, COME PREPARED! It was very difficult, but somehow I made it :).

Sorry if this was so long. I hope it helped!

Oh yeah, another piece of advice: Look over their mission statement & come prepared with a list of questions to ask them. Also, be honest with answers that you don't know. It is a graduate program, after all; so they are open to some gaps in knowledge. All of the managers I interviewed with said that they were looking for somebody who was "willing to learn"; so that was definitely a relief!

Interview Questions

• "Why are you interested in working for FL hospital?"   1 Answer
    • "What are some of your strong-suites (and weaknesses)?"   Answer Question
    • "Tell us about a time where you had to make a quick decision regarding a patient's status/condition. What did you do and what was the outcome?"   Answer Question
    • "Tell us about your practicum and how you can bring what you've learned there to our unit"   Answer Question
    • "Tell us about your most memorable patient, and why they were so significant (I was asked this 3 times)"   Answer Question

Pharmacist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Florida Hospital (Tampa, FL) in November 2016.

Interview

Received a call from a recruiter then got an interview set up Met with the hiring manager Interview took about minutes Accepted the offer. I will start i a month. Very exited!

Respiratory Therapist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sebring, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Florida Hospital (Sebring, FL) in November 2016.

Interview

Poor communication, management bias and only hires certain people. So they are discriminating. They only want to hire people who will work themselves to death. Instead of hiring people that are willing to work regular schedule.

Interview Questions

• I was refused a return interview because I had to take a leave of absence for family.   Answer Question