Florida Hospital Registered Nurse Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Florida Hospital Registered Nurse Interview Questions

Updated May 15, 2017

2.3

Anonymous Employee in Ormond Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Florida Hospital (Ormond Beach, FL) in February 2017.

Interview

Very professional but friendly. Was at a hiring event but had done a phone interview with the recruiter the week before. I met briefly with the manager and educator and took a tour of the unit.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Florida Hospital

Anonymous Employee in Altamonte Springs, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Florida Hospital (Altamonte Springs, FL) in February 2017.

Interview

Contacted through Nurse recruiter via emails and phone calls. Connected with HR, sent up interview date for Video Interview. Very easy set up using email for Video Interview on laptop. Have the Video interview!

Interview Questions

• What is your current Nurse to Patient ratio?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tavares, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Florida Hospital (Tavares, FL) in May 2016.

Interview

I applied for a job as an RN through the hospital's online career section. That part went fine. Then I was contacted for an interview. The interview went fine, although I had the impression that the Charge Nurse doing the interview had no interest in me whatsoever - I felt like they had already decided on someone else and were only going through the motions. A couple of weeks after the interview, I received an email stating that she had tried to call me a few times with no response. I had received no calls, and no voicemails from her. I responded to the email, giving my phone number to be sure she had the correct one and advising her of my availability for the next few days. I have not heard anything more from her in any way.

Interview Questions

• What type of nursing experience do you have? Have you handled patients with trachs, PEG tubes, Heparin drips, etc.?   Answer Question

Registered Nurse Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Florida Hospital in May 2016.

Interview

Had interview during open house. Was given a case study. Just the basic questions about what you would do and the medications. It was intimidating because I went to open house and wasn't expecting to be interviewed.

Anonymous Employee in Kissimmee, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Florida Hospital (Kissimmee, FL) in June 2015.

Interview

job fair, very hectic and loud, the manager seemed to care about the employee, she gave everyone a chance. The questions were average. Some other managers looked too serious. HR dept was very helpful. The Altamonte location was not a good experience but kissimmee was great

Interview Questions

• what do you expect from us   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Florida Hospital (Orlando, FL) in September 2014.

Interview

Bad experience. Another person was involved with the hiring manager and made rude comments such as speaking before me and assuming things before I had a chance to state facts. For example, I live an hour away, but stated I would relocate immediately, however before I got a chance to say that, the other individual told the hiring manager right in front of me how inconvenient that would be. If it was that inconvenient, why didn't they figure that out before calling me in and wasting my time?
    I was also told as the hiring manager walked me out that I would DEFINITELY hear from her the following week and she wanted me to email her any questions, comments, etc. I emailed her when I got home and said thank you for the interview and asked 2 more questions. No reply at all. No call the following week either. The whole process was extremely unprofessional, especially for an organization with such a long standing great reputation.

Interview Questions

• Tell me something about yourself other than what I see on your resume   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Altamonte Springs, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Florida Hospital (Altamonte Springs, FL) in July 2014.

Interview

Since I was out of state there was a phone interview first then progressed to an in person interview. I was discouraged at first because they didn't offer for any hotel arrangements. The interview was very simple with the manager then a tour of the unit. There was no tour of the facility though which was strange again.

Interview Questions

• Describe one situation where you upheld patient privacy.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Florida Hospital (Orlando, FL) in June 2014.

Interview

Patient scenarios were given. Critical thinking skills were tested. Discussed unit standards, hours, and compensation. Discussed reason for wanting to work there. Discussed any hesitations, requirements, or additional training needed.

Interview Questions

• Which patient would I see first and why?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Florida Hospital (Orlando, FL) in July 2013.

Interview

Job was posted on line / interviewed as a recent graduate

Interview Questions

• The point of the interview was to determine my level of experience   1 Answer

Registered Nurse Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Florida Hospital in May 2013.

Interview

HR initial then meet with Nurse Manager followed by peer interview. Very sporadic process and not all stakeholders showed interest in process, felt they were going through the motions. Had to submit to personality testing prior to HR interview. Very poor follow up post interview, took weeks to notify

Interview Questions

• What do you do in stressful situations   1 Answer