Florida Power & Light Associate Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Florida Power & Light Associate Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Apr 9, 2017

2.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Florida Power & Light (Miami, FL) in February 2017.

Interview

I spoke with a representative at a college career fair about the position I was interested in applying for. I was offered an interview the following day. During the first interview there were two people conducting the interview and they asked four basic behavioral questions that were written down on a form they had so that they could write down any interesting points or responses that I gave. After they asked the four questions they asked me if I had any questions for them. This opened up the floor for a pleasant discussion that I had with both interviewers and they were both very active in the discussion. It took quite a while for the company to get back to me and I wasn't given an email or phone number so I could follow up. However, it took them around two weeks to finally get in contact with me about an invitation to an open house which I will be attending this week and probably another round of interviews. So far the interview experience has been a pleasant one and I am looking forward to the upcoming open house. The only concern I had was the fact that they took quite some time to get in contact with me.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Florida Power & Light

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hialeah, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Florida Power & Light (Hialeah, FL) in January 2017.

Interview

It was a very pleasant experience I truly loved everyone's attitude and their views on the company. A lot of behavioral questions. I would say that being yourself is truly the key and if you are a woman you probably have a leg up since I didn't see many at the open house interviews.

Interview Questions

Unfortunately, after talking it out with my husband working here with a newborn baby was not the best idea. I truly didn't want to reject the offer, but there was nothing else I could do. I tried explaining the hr person she was speechless. Hopefully in the future I could join them.

Anonymous Employee in Jupiter, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Florida Power & Light (Jupiter, FL) in November 2015.

Interview

The final interview process is a full 8 hour day. It involves multiple interviews and tours. The interviews are generally just you with two engineering leads. The questions are not technical. They're mostly just trying to see if you work well in groups and if you are a good communicator.

Interview Questions

• Do you think lying is ok in the workplace?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jupiter, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Florida Power & Light (Jupiter, FL) in October 2015.

Interview

After reaching out to HR looking for entry-level position and being told to apply for service planner position, I performed a HireVue video interview (only really 2 questions to deal with, one asking about my definition of integrity). HR squeezed me into a spot for an Open House visit at the Jupiter office, and flew down the next week to interview - Open House was a great way to learn more about the position and get a summary of all of the benefits NextEra provides.

Half a day of touring and speaking with current employees (including recent hires in the role), another half a day of interviewing (2 rounds of 30 minute interviews, each round with 2 management-level employees). All of interview was behavioral/situational questions, they literally come in with a sheet of predetermined questions to ask and write down the whole time you're answering, only stopping once it's time for you to ask questions; they emphasize safety/integrity, as they are known for reliability.

Almost every single person I met (interviewers and interviewees) was from a Florida school or another place nearby. Day lasted from 8am-4pm, lunch in between tour round and interview round. My interviews seemed to go very well for the most part, for some reason did not get the position, never got any feedback so who knows. NextEra is a great company, though, so I'm still on the hunt.

Anonymous Employee in Jupiter, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Florida Power & Light (Jupiter, FL) in August 2015.

Interview

The interview process was not too difficult. There were 2 employees interviewing me. I had 2 interviews for half an hour each. They asked me a series of questions that they had on packets and then rated me and took notes on the packets. I felt very comfortable talking to them, but the questions were challenging.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Palm Beach, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Florida Power & Light (West Palm Beach, FL) in March 2015.

Interview

On campus interview, Onsite interview with 2 lower management and 2 upper management personnel. Both interviews are done separately. If they fly you in for on site interview you pretty much got the job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Palm Beach, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Florida Power & Light (West Palm Beach, FL) in April 2012.

Interview

I came into contact with the company through my university where they did a presentation. I talked to them after the presentation and they gave me an interview for the next day. The next day I came to the interview and talked to two representatives in person. They asked questions regarding personality, work ethic, and situational questions. I got a job offer about a week later.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time when you didn't get along with a team member and how did you deal with this?   Answer Question