Florida Power & Light Interview Questions in Miami-Fort Lauderdale, FL | Glassdoor

Florida Power & Light Interview Questions in Miami-Fort Lauderdale, FL

Updated Mar 12, 2017

2.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Florida Power & Light (Miami, FL) in February 2017.

Interview

I spoke with a representative at a college career fair about the position I was interested in applying for. I was offered an interview the following day. During the first interview there were two people conducting the interview and they asked four basic behavioral questions that were written down on a form they had so that they could write down any interesting points or responses that I gave. After they asked the four questions they asked me if I had any questions for them. This opened up the floor for a pleasant discussion that I had with both interviewers and they were both very active in the discussion. It took quite a while for the company to get back to me and I wasn't given an email or phone number so I could follow up. However, it took them around two weeks to finally get in contact with me about an invitation to an open house which I will be attending this week and probably another round of interviews. So far the interview experience has been a pleasant one and I am looking forward to the upcoming open house. The only concern I had was the fact that they took quite some time to get in contact with me.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Florida Power & Light (Miami, FL) in July 2016.

Interview

The interview process was very relaxing. It was more of a conversation and I felt comfortable. FPL is a great company and I've been trying to get on with them for about two years. I finally got an interview and I think that it went very well.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jupiter, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Florida Power & Light (Jupiter, FL) in April 2016.

Interview

Phone screen then a phone interview with the hiring manager. Very relaxed, easy going. It felt more like a conversation. Although relatively easy, the hiring manager did make it a point to tell me that they are considering many applicants, and that the position is in high demand. I wasn't sure if this was her nice way of saying they'll pass on me, but other than that, the interview went well.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5-10 years?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you faced a difficult decision in the workplace.   Answer Question

Meter Installer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Florida Power & Light (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in January 2016.

Interview

Interview process was a simple phone interview.
    The overall hiring process however, was extremely long, drawn out and tedious. Background and associated items took forever and there were quite a few inaccuracies that I had to clear up in order to move forward in the process. I do understand why the company does this though, and the job is worth it.

Interview Questions

• What are 3 things that are important to you while working?   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative III Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Florida Power & Light (Miami, FL) in November 2015.

Interview

First Interview was through Hireview where you do a digital interview and it would ask you a series of question that you had only a few minutes to record the answer. Second interview was a live digital interview with a supervisor.

Interview Questions

• Tell me what do your feel is your weakness and how could you improve that?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jupiter, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Florida Power & Light (Jupiter, FL) in October 2015.

Interview

After reaching out to HR looking for entry-level position and being told to apply for service planner position, I performed a HireVue video interview (only really 2 questions to deal with, one asking about my definition of integrity). HR squeezed me into a spot for an Open House visit at the Jupiter office, and flew down the next week to interview - Open House was a great way to learn more about the position and get a summary of all of the benefits NextEra provides.

Half a day of touring and speaking with current employees (including recent hires in the role), another half a day of interviewing (2 rounds of 30 minute interviews, each round with 2 management-level employees). All of interview was behavioral/situational questions, they literally come in with a sheet of predetermined questions to ask and write down the whole time you're answering, only stopping once it's time for you to ask questions; they emphasize safety/integrity, as they are known for reliability.

Almost every single person I met (interviewers and interviewees) was from a Florida school or another place nearby. Day lasted from 8am-4pm, lunch in between tour round and interview round. My interviews seemed to go very well for the most part, for some reason did not get the position, never got any feedback so who knows. NextEra is a great company, though, so I'm still on the hunt.

Anonymous Employee in Jupiter, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Florida Power & Light (Jupiter, FL) in August 2015.

Interview

The interview process was not too difficult. There were 2 employees interviewing me. I had 2 interviews for half an hour each. They asked me a series of questions that they had on packets and then rated me and took notes on the packets. I felt very comfortable talking to them, but the questions were challenging.

Business Analyst I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Florida Power & Light (Miami, FL) in August 2015.

Interview

5 months long interview and hire process. But on the other hand, easy and friendly interview. Several phone, several group interviews, 1 on 1s. Very informal and positive. They said they are looking for leaders and talent

Interview Questions

• What position would you want to move to next?   1 Answer

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Juno Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Florida Power & Light (Juno Beach, FL).

Interview

Initial interview was over the phone, followed by an invitation to come onsite. Met with management and directors and spent approximately a half day there. Returned to complete a test onsite and meet with remaining directors and the vp. All meetings wee one on one. Conversations and questions came from slightly different angles depending on the person'a role who was interviewing. Next step I was given a test assignment that needed to be completed in 24 hours. After that I went through the background check process, which took the longest. Overall, FPL was responsive and communicative throughout the process to let me know I was on track but by nature the experience takes time.

Interview Questions

• Explain how you would manage the project, execute, and measure a digital strategy.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Florida Power & Light (Miami, FL).

Interview

The entire hiring process was thorough yet fair. The questions asked were easy to answer and you receive feedback after each answer. The interview sessions are relatively short and quick and efficient. Overall I believe this is a very fair yet competitive hiring process that I had the privilege to be a part of.