Florida SouthWestern State College Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Florida SouthWestern State College Interview Questions

Updated Mar 26, 2017

3.1

Assistant Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Florida SouthWestern State College.

Interview

I was contacted a month after initial application for a phone interview. The phone interview had about 3-5 people who asked a series of typical interview questions (nothing out of the ordinary) they did ask what my salary expectations were (There salary range can be found online, I would suggest looking first and not low balling yourself). Afterwards a week to two weeks went by and I was invited for an on campus interview (they paid for flight, and hotel) I was suppose to be reimbursed for a rental- never was. I had an on campus interview which was typical one on one questions with Director, campus tour with Dean, 45 min. presentation (including questions) and round table questioning. Afterwards I never heard from them in regards to if I got a job or not, which is highly unprofessional. Also the structure of the institution seems to be a shaky (the college was originally two year converted to a four year back to a two year community based setting). The Dean was distant-cold and uninviting. During the presentation no-one was engaged or willing to participate. The staff lack any diversity in terms of race, there were a lot of microagressive comments made which were very off putting. Several students were in the presentation I think they asked the hardest questions out of everyone during the day.

Interview Questions

• What will you do to attract students to become involved on a campus that is 100% commuter based?   Answer Question

Florida SouthWestern State College Response

Apr 3, 2017 – Hr Manager, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for sharing your comments on the interview process for an Assistant Director position at FSW. I am sorry to hear your experience was not as positive as we would expect for all candidates... More

Professor of Biological Sciences Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Myers, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Florida SouthWestern State College (Fort Myers, FL) in July 2016.

Interview

I had an online skype type of interview and than an in person interview at the college. The skype interview was panel type with a series of scripted questions and a feeling out process. The in person interview was also with a panel and more scripted questions and a teaching demonstration.

Interview Questions

• Teaching style, examples of dealing with different types of students, goals for the future.   Answer Question

Professor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Myers, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Florida SouthWestern State College (Fort Myers, FL).

Interview

The interview was very well organized, but stressful as such interviews always are. The team was very positive and reassuring and this helped a lot. One also has to go through a phone screen, and then a Skype interview as well.

Interview Questions

• One gets standard interview questions appropriate for an academic position. No ugly surprises, very fair.   Answer Question

Coordinator, Resident Engagement (Resident Life Position) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Myers, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Florida SouthWestern State College (Fort Myers, FL) in November 2013.

Interview

The online application was the biggest hurdle because the posting and closing date were less than 10 days and the online application required all college transcripts to be attached. If you did not already have copies of your college transcripts, you probably would not have been able to get the application in by the deadline. I had my transcripts, letters of recommendation and completed the application and was notified by the HR dept. that my application was forwarded to the search committee about 1 week after the job closing date. I was contacted by the search committee and an interview was scheduled within a week. The interview was a 5 person panel interview and I was told there were 6 applicants and we were all getting interviewed on the same day (school is closing for holiday break shortly so the timeline has become accelerated). This college has 6 locations with one centralized HR dept.

Interview Questions

• 5 people who all have the same question sheet and go around the room reading questions from the sheet. Was asked how I handled ambiguous situations and conflict among dorm residents. Interview lasted about an hour and 15 minutes. The group had a great chemistry between them and because of that the interview did not feel like the pressure cooker it could have been.   1 Answer

Clerical Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Myers, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Florida SouthWestern State College (Fort Myers, FL) in January 2013.

Interview

5 people around a table asking questions for over an hour. Many of the questions were difficult to respond to. They wanted to know why I wanted the job and why I was not currently working. They wanted to know very personal details about me as a person. It was not an interview based on my skills or professional history. It was much closer to being interviewed for an aid position where I would have been working closely with the elderly or very young. I felt very invaded.

Instructional Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Naples, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Florida SouthWestern State College (Naples, FL) in July 2012.

Interview

You first submit your application online and wait to be schedule a time for interview, once you get called, a board of 3-4 people will interview you. The Academic Success Center Director, a current Instructional Assistant, and math professors. Sometime before or after the interview, they introduce you around to current staff and give you a tour of the center for you to familiarize yourself. The whole process takes somewhere between 20 - 30 days, mostly because you need to wait until the next payroll period starts.

Interview Questions

• They make up scenarios regarding the center and the students that attend it   1 Answer

Professor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Punta Gorda, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Florida SouthWestern State College (Punta Gorda, FL) in February 2012.

Interview

The interview process is very disorganized. It is difficult to understand who is interviewing you and why. There are people from different departments that sit in on the demonstration and if you don't know someone on campus, it may be impossible to get interviewed. They say they follow a procedure but they breach it.

Interview Questions

• Demonstration is required for the interview. Make sure you connect with someone on the campus you want to teach. If they don't know you or if they do not like you , don't bother.   Answer Question
    • Does the administration value the Professors and the Students(customers)   1 Answer