Florida Virtual School Interview Questions in Florida | Glassdoor

2.5

31 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Online Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Florida Virtual School (Orlando, FL) in July 2017.

Interview

I had 2 digital interviews using the HireVue App. The first I just recorded myself answering questions that were on the app, and the second was a live digital interview with two administrators. The first one where I recorded my answers lasted maybe 15 minutes, and the second lasted about an hour.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle angry parents?
      How do you differentiate instruction?
      How do you feel about student-teacher accountability?
      Tell me about a time you positively contributed to a group of professional teachers.   Answer Question
    • What do you think about norm-referenced tests?
      How do you differentiate math instruction?
      Can you give me an example of writing across the curriculum?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Florida Virtual School (Orlando, FL) in April 2017.

Interview

Applied online, a month later I was contacted for a phone interview. A technology questionaire is then required and then a face to face. First a group interview with simulation questions and then one on one. Recieved a letter to be part of the pipeline

Interview Questions

• What type of technology have you implemented in the classroom this year?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Currently in pipeline and waiting for next state which would be a job placement when it comes available

Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Florida Virtual School (Orlando, FL) in November 2016.

Interview

First a phone interview with basic questions on your experience and description of the position then an interview with 4 people interviewing you at once with scenarios and tasks with your opinion

Interview Questions

• They asked me to rank the importance of tasks and order them in order of completion   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Florida Virtual School (Orlando, FL) in October 2015.

Interview

First a phone interview is conducted. If the applicant passes this, then they are asked to complete an online module to show their technology skills. Next, they are asked to come in person to the Orlando office for a presentation and one-on-one meeting with an Instructional Leader (principal basically). The one I attended was from 9-1 and it was required to wear either a suit or blazer. "Business casual is not acceptable."

The presentation went well. However, the IL were in the back sitting behind me and talked throughout the presentation--- somewhat distracting. When it was time for the one on one interviews, we all waited in the room and basically just sat until we were called. There were 12 of us and only 2 IL's interviewing. I waited for quite some time, as I was the second to last one called to be interviewed.

We were told that if we decided to take this position, we were not allowed to have part time work (including coaching) for the first year. We were also required to resign from any school where we currently worked.

Basic questions were asked about use of technology, use of data, etc. At the end of the interview, it was asked If I had any questions. I definitely did as this would be a huge commitment, and big change of pace from my brick and mortar position. After asking three questions, I was told that I could only ask one more question. I hadn't spent more than 20 minutes at this point, if that. This was around 11:45, and we were told to plan on being there until 1. I am not sure why I was cut short other than perhaps the questions I was asking. I view interviews as a two way street...I want to find out as much about the company, as they do about me. I asked about support during the transitioning period of learning to work from home...I asked about teacher turn over rates...I asked about employee surveys and their expressed pros and cons to the job, etc. Maybe these questions made them uncomfortable.

They obviously do not value your time, as I drove more than 2 hours one way for this interview. If they don't value you enough to answer your questions about the position, or give true insight into the position, so that you can make an informed decision, they won't value you as an employee. Period.

Interview Questions

• How do you use technology in the classroom? How do you use data to drive instruction? How would you manage a work/life balance? What sets you apart from the other candidates?   Answer Question

English Instructor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Florida Virtual School (Orlando, FL) in July 2015.

Interview

I had a 20 minute phone interview, followed by a half-day overview and 10 minute video interview. They then e-mailed me several days later stating I did not clear the process, even though I had previously taught for them.

Social Studies Instructor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Florida Virtual School (Orlando, FL) in July 2015.

Interview

Apply online, 3-4 weeks later a 30 minute phone interview, was selected to move to next phase. Next phase is a face to face meeting in Orlando where the HR team goes over the basics of working for FLVS. Then you will interview one on one with an instructional leader. Within a week you find out if you are in candidate pool and then once a job is available they can hire you.

Client Services Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Florida Virtual School (Orlando, FL) in June 2015.

Interview

Started with a phone conversation and a face to face interview. It was very nice. Both the HR personnel and the Managers were very welcoming. Looks like a great team. The questions were focusing on processes and troubleshooting. Had to provide an example for each scenario. The entire interview took 40 minutes. The interview panel was super nice.

Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a year or more. I interviewed at Florida Virtual School (Orlando, FL).

Interview

Phone interview, then large group interview at the headquarters, then an online, panel interview.
    I was just honest with the people. I have taught, successfully, for nearly twenty years. I am a very competent teacher who has always had very good reviews from my principals. I felt that this process was very inefficient and frustrating. The entire process took 22 months. More than a year after the initial phone and large group interview, during which time I did not hear a word from them, they called me and asked if I would be interested in an online interview two months in the future. After the two month wait and then the interview, I waited another five weeks to hear back from them. They did not select me, which is fine, but it just seemed like a very long process, and I was disappointed in what I felt was a lack of professionalism for making a potential employee wait so long for news.

Interview Questions

• Basic: experience, how would you use technology, how have you helped students, etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Florida Virtual School (Orlando, FL).

Interview

I applied over 8 months ago, I had a phone pre screening, then was asked to come to an in person interview with other candidates. Then, about 1 month ago they called and wanted to set up a direct phone interview. I was then offered the job and sent to a two day training. They will ask questions based off of your resume and be ready to provide examples of your work and scenarios.

Interview Questions

• How would you see yourself collaborating with other teachers at Florida Virtual School?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. It is a set salary with stipend.

Math Instructor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Florida Virtual School (Orlando, FL).

Interview

Applied online for general Instructor position, Phone Interview (15 mins) with general teaching questions, Virtual Informational Session (1 hr), Group Interview (9:30-4:00) worked with other teachers on different FLVS work at home scenerios and general info session, one on one virtual interview