Flour Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Flour

2.2

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Flour (Dallas, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

I knew the opportunity about the internship from my program director of our university. Then I applied online and was scheduled an on-site interview. It took about half an hour. Finally I did not get an offer.

Interview Questions

• Interviewd by Chief Procurement Officer. Relaxed interview. I was asked about behavioral questions and previous working experience.   Answer Question

Cashier/FOH Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Flour (Boston, MA) in August 2017.

Interview

After applying online, I received an email with a list of dates for their open interview days. The interview location was extremely busy, so keep that in mind if you have trouble speaking in loud places. The interview questions ranged from generic interview questions to more specific questions about food service-related scenarios. Overall, the interview was completely non-threatening and enjoyable, even with my lack of experience in food service. Afterwards I was assured that I'd hear back within a week. I ended up hearing back that afternoon with an offer for a "stage" or shadow shift the next morning. The shadow shift itself lasted about two hours, and consisted of a variety of supervised tasks. My supervisors were friendly and gently pointed out the mistakes I made. Overall it was very low-pressure and I felt welcome in the shop's environment. After completing the shadow shift, I went over my availability and received an official offer shortly after.

I have to say that this was, by far, the least stressful and most efficient job application process I've ever had. I have very little traditional job experience, and I felt that the team members were open-minded about bringing on a relative novice. They seem to be much more focused on potential employees' energy and ability to work with a team. The company prides itself on hiring staff members from all walks of life, so if you just go in with confidence, a friendly energy, and a willingness to learn, you should do well.

Another important note: open interview days are held at a couple of Flour locations, but the interviews can be for positions at any of the 7 locations. If you're set on a specific location for any reason, make sure to bring that up.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Flour?   1 Answer
    • What was a time you went above and beyond to solve a problem that wasn't your responsibility?   1 Answer
    • What are your hours of availability?   1 Answer
    • What's a time that you had to make an executive decision without supervision?   1 Answer
    • Do you have any questions?   1 Answer

Front of House Counter Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Flour (Boston, MA) in May 2017.

Interview

I interviewed with the manager and it was around 30 minutes. The manager went over my resume with me and asked about my background and previous experience, schooling, and the description of the job.

FOH Counter Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Flour (Boston, MA).

Interview

Submitted online application with resume and cover letter. Invited for in-person interview within two days of submitting the application. Went in for interview and did a two-hour stage the following day. Was hired at the end of the shift.

Baker/Facilities Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Flour (Boston, MA) in December 2016.

Interview

Met and interviewed in person in busy cafe with H.R. person. The interview was casual and friendly.The H.R. person was upfront and honest about what they needed and what they had to offer at this time. Also she had read my information and addressed me accordingly.

Interview Questions

• Are you legally positioned to work in the U.S/   1 Answer