Flow Traders Junior Trader Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Flow Traders Junior Trader Interview Questions

Interviews at Flow Traders

3.4

Junior Trader Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Flow Traders.

Interview

it was on campus interview, first round, on Campus, lot of mental math that requires the logic. Probability question. They also asked about the company itself. You need to have some of background check about the company before you enter. I am not sure if they really care about fit-based questions.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Flow Traders

Junior Trader Interview

Interview

I found the job on LinkedIn. After that they asked me to make a video interview. Be sure you look at the company website to understand their business especially ETF strategy and arbitrage strategy.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Flow Traders (New York, NY) in October 2014.

Interview

First part is a Math Test (all in head/no pencil paper) on a computer, followed by some standard and unique Behavioral Interview Qs with specific questions on Markets; recruiter called me for a video based Logic/IQ Test on the computer; company flew me in & put me in a really nice hotel for the final interview that consisted of interviews with other employees, an interview with Sr. Traders, and Social/Drinks/Apps Hour in Lounge with a bunch of employees and some other candidates. Really nice office with some cool perks, everyone was very friendly and accommodating.

Interview Questions

• Mental Math test is difficult (prepare ahead of time), also look at current activity in market prior to interview   1 Answer

Junior Trader Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Flow Traders in September 2014.

Interview

A timed simple arithmetic test followed by a bunch of basic questions about trading. Questions mostly about your fit, interests how you handle competition etc. The key that they said they were looking for was how you recovered from the stressful arithmetic exam to calmly and amiably answer the behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Explain a situation when you were in a very competitive environment and how you acted   Answer Question

Junior Trader Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Flow Traders.

Interview

Applied through my school's career website. First round was a math test on arithmetic. I was given 10 minutes to answer 75 questions, and immediately after, the recruiter began asking behavioral/fit questions. I was told that one of the main objectives of the first round was to see how I dealt with stress (in this case, the math test).

About a week later, I completed the second round interview, which was simply a pattern recognition test that I completed in my room. The test is online, and so they monitored me via webcam.

Final round interview is in the New York City office, and consists of an interview with HR followed by a case study with two senior traders.

Interview Questions

• The math test, although on paper, tests mental math, and so no scratch work is allowed. Also, make sure you can estimate the solution to a relatively difficult arithmetic question fairly well.   3 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Flow Traders (New York, NY) in October 2014.

Interview

Went to an info session on campus and then had a first round interview with HR. Started off with 10 min of 75 mental math q's, very similar to the practice one on their website. Then had some pretty standard prop firm questions.
    Got a call a few days later for a logic/pattern test online, was monitored while completing it to make sure I wasnt getting help from anyone else. Was called about an hour or two later for a final round that Friday.
    Final round was in their office in Manhattan, a quick chat with HR and then 30 min to prepare two pages of arbitrage calculations. Then two traders came in and I walked them through my process.
    Wasn't called back and emailed HR for feedback, got the official rejection a week later.

Junior Trader Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Flow Traders in October 2014.

Interview

I applied through our school career website, and received an on-campus interview request. The 45 minute interview was a combination of math and behavioral. In the interview, they will first have you take a 10 minute math test consisting of three sections. Sections are harder and harder as you progress through. The first section is simple arithmetic such as 52/3 and 13+49. Then, the second section is decimal arithmetic such as 0.011+0.999. At the end, it is a multiple choice section with large numbers arithmetic, something like 220220/11. In the last section, you get -3 points for each wrong and 1 point for each right answer.

Then, they will ask you some typical behavioral questions.
    - Why Flow Traders?
    - Why trading/trader?
    - What do you know about ETF arbitrage? Walk me through an arbitrage.
    - Strengths and weaknesses

I thought that I did pretty well on the test and answering the behavioral questions, but wasn't asked to move on.

Interview Questions

• Math test is certainly not easy. Need preparation.   1 Answer

Application

Interview

They hold on campus info session first. Then I had a on campus interview. First 30 mins, I was asked to do a mental math assessment. No pens or calculators allowed. Then several basic questions: what is arbitrary? Why trading? Why you? What might be a potential difficulty to become a trader? What do you think yourself as a good trader.
    Then after 1 week, video IQ assessment with PiCompany exam. I took a hour to finish.
    Have not received reply yet ever since then.

Interview Questions

• What might be a potential difficulty to become a trader?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Flow Traders (New York, NY) in August 2014.

Interview

I applied online and heard back within 2 days for an prerecorded video interview. I got caught off guard from only preparing for top 5 fit questions: resume, why prop, strength/weaknesses, why flow, etc. It was still standard prop trading fit questions, but I wasn't ready for it. Just be prepared for all the questions and you're good. It is timed so make sure you practice enough their online recording before attempting the real thing.

Interview Questions

• Standard prop trading fit questions. It is timed with only 15~30 seconds to think about which can mess you up.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Flow Traders (New York, NY) in July 2014.

Interview

The interview process was comprised of three interviews. The first part was a quick mental math test followed by a behavioral interview with the recruiter. The second interview was an online IQ test for pattern recognition. The third interview was an ETF arbitrage case.

The hiring process was extremely well managed with recruiters working hard to schedule interviews that worked with my schedule. I had the opportunity to meet almost everyone in the office, which made accepting the offer an easy decision.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through an arbitrage   1 Answer