Flowserve Application Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Flowserve Application Engineer Interview Questions

2.5

16 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Flowserve (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

Interview for internship was through school career website. interview focused on both technical and interpersonal skills. I have 3 interviewers each from different roles, engineering, Sales, Customer Service. Customer Service is one of the most important value for this company.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Flowserve

Anonymous Employee in Deer Park, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Flowserve (Deer Park, TX) in May 2014.

Interview

The interview was very laid back. It consisted of a tour of the shop and lunch at a local restaurant. The interview was a combination of personal "get to know each other" talk and unforced questions and answers about the job (career aspirations, qualifications for the job, etc.).

Interview Questions

• What is/was your favorite class in school?

(No very difficult questions were asked)   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vernon, CA

Interview

Came in for an interview at the Vernon office. Interview went well but never heard back, even after I left several phone messages.

Interview Questions

• I wasn't really asked any difficult questions that I remember. They asked the usual tell me about yourself type questions, as well as what I did for my senior design project.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vernon, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Flowserve (Vernon, CA).

Interview

Was interviewed by two senior engineers and an HR person. Questions asked weren't that hard. I thought I did really well and was told to expect a call within a week. But, unfortunately, I never heard back from them. Oh well, such is life you move forward.

Interview Questions

• Again, the interview questions weren't hard. I remember one of the questions asked was how I dealt with a stressful situation where I needed to perform. Another question was to talk about things I had learned in one of my college courses.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moosic, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Flowserve (Moosic, PA) in June 2012.

Interview

Interviewer asked for my project management history/experience

Anonymous Employee in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Flowserve (Norfolk, VA) in April 2012.

Interview

College recruitment process. Very rough process couple of days with tens of other interviewees, with case studies and group projects. There were several open positions (over 30) and 80-90 candidates. Locations were distributed throughout the US. Candidates were asked to select 5 preferred locations. Not sure offers/selections were based on the preferences. The position I was offered was not a preferred location.

Interview Questions

• Two days of constant interviewing. I got asked all possible questions.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was hesitant about the location I was offered.

Anonymous Employee in Portsmouth, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Flowserve (Portsmouth, VA) in March 2012.

Interview

Met Flowserve at on campus career fair, showed them my resume and was invited to sign up for an on-campus interview for the next week. Was then invited to the candidate assessment center in Portsmouth, VA. 250 candidates invited for 60 positions, with about 100 Flowserve employees as evaluators. Started with a group activity, then a solo presentation on a case-study, then a leadership interview and technical interview.

Anonymous Employee in Woodridge, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Flowserve (Woodridge, IL) in January 2011.

Interview

It was very casual, there was a panel of 4, two Senior Sales managers, Operations Manager, Sales Engineer. They mostly asked about my back ground and work experience. It was a very candid and open interview. More likely to determine my personality type etc.

Interview Questions

• What experience have you had working in industrial sites?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chesapeake, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Flowserve (Chesapeake, VA) in January 2009.

Interview

Typical interview. You talk to a bunch of people and then are evaluated on a group presentation as well. You stay in the best hotel, I mean they treat you really nice. However dont be fooled by the way they treat you at the interview. Its a lure tactic. The HR lady wont even say hello to you after to accept the job. She is your best freind until you accept though.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotitations accepted. Offer is fixed.

Application Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Flowserve.

Interview

Got recruited out of campus..have a technical written test...questions are fairly simple if you are thorough with fundamentals of fluid mechanics and turbo machinery..It is followed by a group discussion and final HR and technical interviews