Fluke Corporation Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Fluke Corporation Interview Questions

Updated Feb 27, 2017

2.8

Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fluke Corporation in February 2017.

Interview

These folks want top talent, at entry level wages, they additionally value schooling over actual working experience / knowledge. Lastly, the recruiters are pretty unresponsive and generally not concerned about candidate's effort time etc.. Explore opportunities with them, but be ware you can most likely get a much better salary at companies who actually understand value your talents bring

Technical Support Engineer (Software/Hardware)-FLU005221 Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Everett, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fluke Corporation (Everett, WA).

Interview

An online questioner that took some time to fill out only to find out their expectations appeared too high, even when adding more skills. The application can be more simpler and to be made with respect to the jobseeker.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fluke Corporation.

Interview

HR was friendly in phone interview and very encouraging that my experience matched the job. Then had phone interview with hiring manager and he acted as if he never looked at my resume. He asked for a review of my experience. I started talking about job 15 years ago and he said no start when you graduated college and what year was that. Very abrasive and borderline illegal questioning.

Interview Questions

• What year did you you graduate college?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Fluke Corporation in May 2016.

Interview

I applied through indeed and got a phone reply. It was a fairly standard phone interview. They were trying to assess who I was as opposed to any technical questions. I did not hear back from them in a very timely manner though. A week before the job was supposed to start they emailed me a rejection form letter.

Interview Questions

• What do you look for in an employer?   1 Answer

Business CRM Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Everett, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fluke Corporation (Everett, WA) in September 2015.

Interview

It was okay. Met with one person every hour. They all just read my resume and asked me to talk about it. There was one dude for the technical review that was relentless. Just answering the question and giving some insight on it wasn't enough. He kept asking me details of why I felt that way, apply it to a few scenarios, explain other ways to do it, which way is the best way, etc.. .etc... Not warm or nice, but I'm sure he has been burned by several employees in the past, so he was trying to be very thorough. Although, being thorough, and not liking the answers given doesn't give you the right to be condescending and short. Surprisingly, thoroughness through firing question after question at a candidate doesn't make them the most comfortable, and answering questions on the fly like that can be hard, and not always evident of a skillset, due to other factors. Something, I'm sure he didn't take into consideration. The rest of the group in the interview loop was pleasant.

Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Everett, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Fluke Corporation (Everett, WA) in August 2015.

Interview

Interviewed by 5 different managers.
    Given tour of manufacturing facility.
    Had to answer many questions about specific experiences of mine.
    Majority of questions evaluated my teamwork skills...very few technical-related questions.
    Were very courteous and treated me to lunch.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had any experience as part of a cross-functional team? If so, tell us about it.   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Everett, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fluke Corporation (Everett, WA) in April 2015.

Interview

First interview with recruiter over the phone, then two more phone interviews with the hiring manager and then direct supervisor. Brought in for a 3 hour interview with 3 different team members after that. Then finally, another on-site with an engineering manager and another conference call with the direct supervisor.

After so many interviews they said they moved forward with someone else because of management experience. They could have told me that simply after looking at my resume or after the first few phone calls which would have saved me lots of time. Or they were unsure of what they wanted in a new employee.

Interview Questions

• What is the second law of thermodynamics, when is a wind tunnel flow choked, what do aircraft winglets do, how do pressure pistons work, how to find area and volume, what is the quadratic equation, describe entropy.   Answer Question

Web Content Contractor Interview

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Fluke Corporation.

Interview

Translation experience, working with multinational teams and writing for multinational audiences bore no interest, but was on list of questions.

Interview Questions

• Self rating for host of skills, time management, working on multiple projects, etc.   1 Answer

BOLD Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Fluke Corporation.

Interview

I met a recruiter at a career fair. Received a phone call two weeks later from HR to set up a half-day interview. Arrived early, and was greeted promptly by the receptionist. Other candidates were scheduled for interviews at the same time. The process was well planned and executed. There were four 50 minute interviews with 10 minute breaks between each followed by a tour of the facility. Lunch was provided and candidates were seated next to divisional leaders (lunch was very much like a 5th interview.) Lastly, there was a company presentation. The interviewers were friendly and focused mainly on behavioral type questions. Having an interview that lasted over four hours was a bit intense but wasn't too overwhelming.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you used a metric to measure your success or failure.   Answer Question
    • What would you do in a line-down situation?   Answer Question

Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Everett, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Fluke Corporation (Everett, WA).

Interview

Found the job posting on a third party search engine. Applied through the Fluke Career site, and contacted the hiring engineer. Had 2 interviews with in 1 week time period, HR then followed by 2 engineers. HR asked generic questions regarding the resume and company/job. 2nd interview with the hiring engineer was more technical with questions about the background required for the position.

However, following the 2nd interview, communication was much to be desired. HR was not responsive to requests. Follow-up emails were sent by other HR reps that were not familiar with my case. A month after the initial interview, was contacted by two different HR reps with contradicting explanations into why I was not going to be considered for the position.

Requirements for the position were not clearly identified or relayed to me through-out all the interviews. Overall, engineers were a joy to talk to and deal with, can't say the same for the HR though.