Fluor Interview Questions in Farnborough, Hampshire, South East England, England | Glassdoor

3.1

9 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Graduate Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Farnborough, Hampshire, South East England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Fluor (Farnborough, Hampshire, South East England, England (UK)).

Interview

Invited to Assessment Day which involved:

HR Presentation, 2 Group activities (Case Study/Presentation and build a marble roller coaster out of paper), site tour, HR interview, Technical/Competency interview, and online assessments.

Interview Questions

• Example of a situation in which you demonstrated leadership   Answer Question

Graduate Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Fluor (Farnborough, Hampshire, South East England, England (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

Submitted a CV and covering letter, got a call 3-4 months later with an invitation to an assessment centre.

The assessment day consisted of:
    - a group assessment discussing a 'problem' the company had which was followed by a
      presentation
    - a group assessment making a marble run out of paper
    - a technical interview
    - a competency based interview
    - an interview mainly talking about cv and why you want the role

Took several weeks longer to hear back from then than they initially said.

Tech Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Farnborough, Hampshire, South East England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Fluor (Farnborough, Hampshire, South East England, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

The process took 4 weeks. Interview last 45min very informal, told me about the job and the project I'd be working. They let me know after one day the wanted me for the position. The lady that interviewed was really nice and direct and told me what the job was about and that the process even after an offer would take quite long...

Associate Design Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Farnborough, Hampshire, South East England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Fluor (Farnborough, Hampshire, South East England, England (UK)) in January 2016.

Interview

A couple months after sending Fluor my CV and a cover letter inviting me to an assessment day two weeks later. The assessment day started at 8am, where we were given an initial presentation by some of the managers, explaining about the company and the type of projects they work on. We were split into two teams and given a situational problem and we were asked to prepare a presentation on how we would solve the issue. We then had to construct a marble run out of paper which would hold the marble for as long as possible. We stopped for lunch and had an opportunity to talk to graduates at various stages of their programs which was very helpful. After lunch we had two interviews, a technical one and a HR one. In the technical interview I was asked some questions about my knowledge and the course I studied. The HR interview consisted of questions about me- competency based questions. Finally we had to deliver presentations we had been asked to prepare in advance on topics of our choice. All of the managers kept the day as relaxed as possible and were very friendly, I got a really good impression of the company based on this day.

Graduate Engineering Role Interview

Anonymous Employee in Farnborough, Hampshire, South East England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Fluor (Farnborough, Hampshire, South East England, England (UK)) in January 2016.

Interview

Full day assessment centre consisting of group exercises and individual interviews (one with HR and one with Department Manager).

In the first group exercise, we were given a problem and allowed 30 minutes to come up with a solution to the problem as well as prepare a presentation. We then presented in front of the hiring managers and HR.

In the second exercise, we were given 1 hour to build a roller coaster out of paper.

Interviews were both fine. Technical interview is designed to put you under a bit more pressure.

Overall, the assessment day is very beneficial and enjoyable regardless of the outcome. All staff are very friendly and easy to get on with.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you were faced with a problem and you came up with an innovative solution to that problem.   Answer Question

Reporting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Farnborough, Hampshire, South East England, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Fluor (Farnborough, Hampshire, South East England, England (UK)).

Interview

I had the interview with the line manager and one finance personnel. The whole interview process was about 40 minutes. Mostly I had questions from line manager and some from finance personnel. The process was straightforward with questions about my past experience and relevant to the role. Also, they asked how far I live from their office and how I will commute.

Interview Questions

• What does it mean the result of Current ratio 1:2 in different type of companies. What are critical ratios and KPIs in order order to understand the performance of the company.   Answer Question

Graduate Pipeline Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Fluor (Farnborough, Hampshire, South East England, England (UK)) in January 2015.

Interview

Assessment day had two group exercises in the morning, followed by two interviews in the afternoon. One interview with a member of the HR team and the other with the department manager. Strangely both asked similar questions so no technical stuff. Group exercise involved analysing a case study and coming up with a 15 minute presentation. The other group exercise was to create a rollercoaster using A4 paper sheets and a few other basic items like tape. Idea of the rollercoaster is to keep the marbal ball on it for the longest period of time. Basicly a test to see how you work in a team.

Graduate Scheme Interview

Anonymous Employee in Farnborough, Hampshire, South East England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Fluor (Farnborough, Hampshire, South East England, England (UK)) in March 2014.

Interview

I sent in my CV directly to the HR manager. Got called in for a full day assessment. 13 candidates in total, 2 group activities(group presentation and a activity based excricise) and 2 interviews with hiring and HR manager(1 hour long each). Then 1 week later got called in for a 2nd interview(i was shortlisted) with a executive manager, 3 weeks after the 2nd interview I recieved the offer.

Interview Questions

• The assessment interview were quite straightforward and simple(if you have already done several interview, then its easy). The 2nd interview was tough, all the questions were to do with me(deeper insight) and most questions were specifically asking for work examples but specific experiences.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The wholesome package is well above market average graduate level. It was higher than I was expecting and hence I did not negioate anything. But the HR staff were very proactive and asked me several times if I wanted to request any changes or negioate anything.

Graduate Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Fluor (Farnborough, Hampshire, South East England, England (UK)) in November 2013.

Interview

I went to a talk about FLuor at university and send my CV to them. A couple of weeks later was invited to an interview in Farnborough. The interview was an assessment centre.

The day went like this:

-Introduction about the company, explaining what they do and what not.
    -We were split up into groups depending on disciplines. Each group had the same task of assessing a business case, we had 30 minutes to discuss the task. Then we has 7 minutes to present the solution. The business case was trival.
    - We then has another group activity of making a rollercoaster for a marble. The task was to make the marble stay in the rollercoaster as long as possible.
    -Then we had interviews with HR, basically talking crap about how good you are and love teh company.
    -Then a technical interview with some senior engineer. He asks loads of stupid questions.

Then the day ended. I didnt get the job.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you showed team work.   1 Answer