Fluor HSE Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Fluor

2.0

HSE Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Fluor (New York, NY) in June 2014.

Interview

I didn't really receive an interview but an offer for a position as a former employee. Fluor not only disappointed me, but also insulted me! The offered salary and pay grade, for a job I didn't go looking for, was based solely on my pay and "rank" from 8 years ago (!!!!). Obviously they believe that a) only Fluor experience counts or b) I've been living under a rock, not growing and advancing in my profession.

Interview Questions

• I wasn't asked any questions. It sure would have helped if they had asked me about how I've grown and advanced in my profession. Perhaps they wouldn't have insulted me and embarrassed themselves!   2 Answers

So, once I got miffed, they came back with a counteroffer - nothing in writing mind you. I said I had to do some research. Two days later I get hit with "we need an answer today or we're moving on." I told them to shove it then. I would have had to have everything in writing and a site visit before I even thought of a counteroffer. Instead, on top of insulting me, they try to bully me. That's the last straw. Never again! I left years ago for a reason - actually several reasons - and nothing has changed. I'm so thankful that I don't need their slavery to live!

Other Interview Reviews for Fluor

HSE Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Fluor in January 2008.

Interview

Phone interview was a conference call to me at home from several managers.

Interview Questions

• How much salary do you expect?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Have a previous, written pay offer for a similar job. Use that to get the same or ask for more.