Foley & Lardner Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 22, 2017

2.6

IP Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Foley & Lardner (Madison, WI).

Interview

In hindsight, not forthcoming in the least bit about the intensity of the role nor very informative on the volume of work received on a daily basis. Huge omissions of information about training, on-boarding and process to best inform potential candidates about the true and honest demands of this role. Multiple rounds and follow ups that were so short-sighted in assisting making an informed decision about taking the role or not. I had I been informed honestly of this IP Assistant role of which I discovered within weeks of starting, I would have never pursued it. After 16 years in legal, I know garbage when I smell it. 5 interviews total that began with a phone screen.

Interview Questions

• Nothing original or informative was asked. Pretty much just walked down my resume.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Nothing seemed to be negotiable...TELLING RIGHT THERE.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Foley & Lardner (Washington, DC) in August 2016.

Interview

I submitted my resume on their website and was contacted a couple days later for an in-person interview. I first took a skills test - typing, grammar and Word knowledge which took about an hour. Second I met with the Legal Support Supervisor who talked about the position and later the office manager came in. I spent 3 hours there total. It's been almost 2 months and I haven't heard back. When I contacted them a month ago, they were still interviewing. If you call a candidate in for interviews, get back and let them know whether they are still be considered. I have since lost interest regardless of hearing from them again or not.

TAC Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Foley & Lardner (Milwaukee, WI).

Interview

1. HR Phone Interview: basic questions to gauge the interviewer on current employment and career goals.
    2. Interview with Dept. Manager & onsite test: questions regarding skills and scenario situations as well as how it could be a stepping stone to something more.
    3. HR contact with offer via phone

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Foley & Lardner.

Interview

The interview process is very straightforward. Be prepared for intense scrutiny into your background and experience. Verified all education and employment dates. Contacted all references. After accepting job, current employer was contacted for reference and verification.

Information Security Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Foley & Lardner in March 2016.

Interview

One phone interview, low stress. The recruiter asks for many examples so be prepared. Otherwise the recruiter was very open about expectations for the role and how I could be a fit.

Interview Questions

• Are you open to being in the same role for a long time?   Answer Question

Associate Attorney Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Foley & Lardner.

Interview

Typical law firm interview process - 1/2 day, one on one. no lunch. Some of the partners on videoconference didn't want to discuss law at all - not sure if they were bored or were interested in m previous jobs. Head partner had solid questions, seemed very invested. Downside seemed to be that they were very worried about laterals not wanting to stay long term - was asked multiple times and seemed there was no definitive reassurance that could be given.

Interview Questions

• Asking whether a major federal initiative was a good idea (initiative was in area of law of the practice group)   Answer Question

Conflicts Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Foley & Lardner (Milwaukee, WI) in December 2014.

Interview

Process moved fairly quickly - about a month. Applied online. Within a week was phone screened by the recruiter then moved on to an in person interview with the hiring manager. That meeting was casual with the standard questions. Called by recruiter to get references a couple weeks later and an offer was extended a week after that.

Interview Questions

• What do you like/dislike about your current job?   Answer Question
    • How do you deal with different personalities in the workplace?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I negotiated but was only able to get slightly more than the original offer. I'm still happy though.

Technical Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Foley & Lardner (Boston, MA) in September 2014.

Interview

You meet one-on-one with several partners over the course of the morning, and meet a couple of associates over lunch. In my view, the interview process was very pleasant. The partners were candid and forthcoming with answers to questions regarding quality of work and workload. Their questions to me were relevant to the position offered.

Interview Questions

• My experience in handling various patent prosecution issues.   Answer Question

Summer Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Foley & Lardner (Chicago, IL) in April 2014.

Interview

Long process, multiple interviews with partners from across the country. The process was not intense and was not formal, despite the largeness of the firm. Those interviewing were open and kind (for the most-party).

Interview Questions

• What is your plan for 10 years down the road?   1 Answer

Paraleal Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Foley & Lardner (Miami, FL) in December 2013.

Interview

Clean and quick. Was recruited by the team of lawyers transitioning into the firm so there was pretty much nothing to really interview, just met with HR and received information on salary and benefits.

Interview Questions

• N/A I was recruited with a team of lawyers   1 Answer