Follett Store Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Follett Store Manager Interview Questions

2.6

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Follett.

Interview

It was simple your basic interview. Scenario questions and background. Comfortable and a lot of hyping the job up. Seemed very desperate. Small stores with too much product.found out same day if I was hired.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Follett

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Follett.

Interview

Interview started off as a phone screen with a recruiter. They ask basic questions you would expect for a retail management position: personal background to get you comfortable, detailed questions about your experience, etc... The next interview was with the regional manager. Again, very similar interview except they will try to get to know you more as you will have a possibility of working with them. Last interview was with the potential campus contact. I've had two different versions: the first had a very similar feel where they will give you the same questions everyone else has asked, the second would just be a sit down and get to know one another. It really depends on how much of a hand the school plays in the hiring process, or if they care.

Interview Questions

• They will probe about potential weaknesses on your resume. Just be ready to address.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They will LOWBALL you like crazy! Do your research and have reasoning for your counter to theirs. Price of living in the potential area, everything! Have things laid out and even let them know if it will be putting you and your family in a better situation. Be prepared to walk away. I did, and it worked.

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Follett in April 2014.

Interview

Was pretty easy and professional. She asked common questions and they were simple. The interview was one on one. I think that it went very well and no one should be afraid to apply!

Store Manager Interview

Interview

I was a transitioned employee. If your college or university is considering bringing in Follett then start updating your resume immediately and run for the hlls.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was made whole but it was not worth it.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Follett (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Interview with District Manager. Interview with Regional Manager. Background check. Hair follicle drug screen.

Interview Questions

• Typical situational interview questions.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation, They hire you in at the absolute minimum they can, then deny you raises for various reasons.

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Follett (Philadelphia, PA) in June 2013.

Interview

As a manager looking for a promotion, there was no real interview. I met with a regional manager who barely asked questions and told me I was guaranteed the job even though other candidates were still being interviewed. Even as an internal candidate, it was totally unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• I was asked if I was ready to take on more responsibility   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Follett in May 2010.

Interview

HR interview, regional manager, school interview. They focused on education and past performance. I had to pass a phone interview, then another phone interview, then a one on one with the regional manager, then finally the school committee.

Interview Questions

• Tell us how you handled a difficult situation and had a positive outcome   1 Answer

Negotiation

not much negotiating room

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Follett in September 2009.

Interview

Heavy emphasis on previous retail experience, behaviorial interview questions, start at entry-level opportunity to progress.

Interview Questions

• What type of cereal would you be?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They were very unwilling to budge on any negotiation points.

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Follett in June 2009.

Interview

First you go through an internal application process. Then a recruiter contacts you to notify you if you will be interviewed or weren't qualified to apply. The recruiters are nice and seem caring. After you go through the interview they ask you about your salary expectations and send their notes to the hiring manager. You interview with your potential boss and then wait to see if you got the position.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when a customer service situation did not end in your favor.   Answer Question