Food 4 Less Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Food 4 Less Cashier Interview Questions

2.1

Anonymous Employee in Pasadena, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Food 4 Less (Pasadena, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

It was one on one with the store director, took about 30 mins & was very straightforward & to the point. She offered me the job on the spot & i took a drug test right then & there & I was told if I failed I would be terminated immediately.

Interview Questions

• Give me one example where you showed good customer service skills.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Food 4 Less

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Food 4 Less.

Interview

Wasnt much of a interview process. Came in because a friend recommended me. As long as you pass a drug test and are available they will hire anyone. There were a few questions but it was more of a conversation than an interview

Anonymous Employee in Ontario, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Food 4 Less (Ontario, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

It was fairly quick. It was more like a job offer than an interview, I received the job within 15 minutes. Then was asked to take a swab test (drug test)

Interview Questions

• Are you up for the challenge of working here?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Cajon, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Food 4 Less (El Cajon, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Applied online. Interview three days later. 10 minutes one on one of basic enough questions. The interviewer was very friendly and gave me lots of opportunities to ask my own questions. About 10 people were in applying for the position and I was told that roughly 2-3 people would get the position. Salary not competitive enough so didn't accept.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have in team based environments.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Food 4 Less.

Interview

it was a simple interview very easy applies online a week later got a call for an interview. went in and had a awesome interview. did a swap test and did a background check. then I got hired. im happy. m considered part time but I put in full time hours. been working a month already and I feel very proud of myself.

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Food 4 Less (Las Vegas, NV) in April 2011.

Interview

I was ask why I wanted to work there. They were pleased because I insist on the job, always checking how my application went, then how my interview went, then when I was going to start. During the interview they were very kind, so i was not even nervous, i just told them the truth that i wanted to grow in the company.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Food 4 Less in October 2011.

Interview

I applied in person at Food 4 Less and when I turned in my application, the woman said to call a certain male manager around 6 am. I didn't feel comfortable doing that at first so I waited about 2 weeks and then I called him. He scheduled me for an interview within the hour, and fortunately I wasn't busy and had showered and dressed so I went in. The mgr interviewing me NEVER smiled once and he was not super friendly. He led me to an office area where he asked me questions and stared at me - he reminded me of a police officer and it did not feel like any other interview I've ever been on in my life. Very awkward and odd. He seemed satisfied with my answers to his questions, though. He told me the position paid about ten cents over minimum wage, which really surprised me because in my experience grocery stores usually pay average or above for cashiers, and I have many years of experience in that field (I also have a BA degree but I did NOT expect higher pay for that since it's totally unrelated to this particular job). He told me they do not want cashiers to talk to each other even when the store is not busy. He explained that they do not hire full time cashiers, only part time. Next, he gave me a test with 180 questions and a "scan tron" sheet to fill out. I completed it (about 20 min) and gave it back to him. He said they would be in touch. The next day he called and asked me to come in for a second interview on a Saturday morning, quite early. I went in and he had my results from the personality test. Now keep in mind I've done dozens of similar tests over the years and my results were always great. He tells me I scored very low in customer service and other areas. I was shocked and even doubted this to be true. He went over all of my "wrong" answers and wanted detailed explanation. Some of them were very simple questions of preference but apparently you have to answer a certain way even on those. Again he did not smile or act friendly and seemed to think I was a total waste of his time. I felt totally timid and very uncomfortable which is NOTHING like I normally feel during an interview or in life! I usually win people over quickly and feel comfortable...with this guy, I felt like he hated me! It was strange, and I was taken aback when he went on to offer me the job. I agreed on the spot but quickly changed my mind and let them know.

Interview Questions

• on a personality test: Have you ever stolen anything in your life even as a child?   1 Answer

the person who would be my direct supervisor (the interviewer) made me feel totally uncomfortable and the wage was way too low.