Food Lion Assistant Store Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Food Lion Assistant Store Manager Interview Questions

2.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Food Lion (Springfield, VA) in September 2015.

Interview

General Manager of store called and we scheduled the interview. All interview questions were fairly standard and everything was handled well. He explained the training program and that as an assistant manager there would be training on every department in the store. Probably the most difficult interview question was, "Tell me about yourself?". Such an open question is hard to figure out the best way to answer.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Food Lion

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Food Lion (Richmond, VA) in July 2015.

Interview

Completely dependent on district and store management. Sometimes you interview with just a store manager and on occasion multiple store managers, and still on occasion with director and store manager.

Sometimes the store manager is prepared sometimes they aren't. Questions asked by newer store managers are completely irrational and really have nothing to do with the position, just to see how you would answer it. More seasoned manager will ask more in depth questions that are comparable to the position.

Interview Questions

• Describe an incident you had where you and your direct supervisor or manager didn't agree on something and how did you cope with it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Food Lion (Durham, NC) in November 2014.

Interview

I applied online and received a call about 3 days later to come in for an interview in one week. I came in on my lunch break and was required to wait an hour past my appointment time before I was even seen (I was the first interview too). The interview was pretty quick and started off with shuffling through apparently unread applications trying to find mine and then going over my work experience. Once it was discovered I had no previous specific grocery store experience, despite previous management experience in a food related environment and a management degree, I could tell I was immediately no longer considered for the position. There was no interest in hearing how my experience could be applied even if I was an outsider of the company since, at this point, I was just being told how you basically could never be successful in this position if you didn't start at the absolute entry level in Food Lion and work up over years. The rest of the interview was just trying to talk me down to what amounted to a standard hourly position that would actually be a downgrade from my position at my current employer. I don't even know why I was interviewed if the lack of interest in company outsiders is so apparent; ultimately, a waste of my and the company's time, frankly.

Interview Questions

• What are your current job duties/accomplishments?   3 Answers

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Food Lion.

Interview

1) Fill out online job application (including SS #, available hours, education, etc.)
    2) Approximately one month after submitting the job application an HR representative contacted me by phone and set up an interview
    3) Interview was held in employee break room with two store managers. They asked a total of six questions.
    4) HR contacted me within a week and a half

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Food Lion in June 2014.

Interview

interviewed with store manager and another member of mgmt. team. questions rather vague. Not much really put into interview process. same questions asked for salaried position as asked for normal hourly position.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself with the company. why should we hire you.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Food Lion (Wilmington, NC) in March 2014.

Interview

Apply online then you may get a phone call for a sit down. It could be a panel or individual store manager. It pretty straight forward they only look at applications when then need someone. At store level they rarely seek to fill the pipeline until there is a need.

Interview Questions

• how did you manage a conflict, how did you overcome a tough situation, describe what a team means to you, what made you choose food lion.   1 Answer

Negotiation

no real negotiation, you can ask what you would like based on your previous experience and pay if a new hire, if you are internal employee its 8-10% of your current wage.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Food Lion (Charlotte, NC) in August 2013.

Interview

Manager was very courteous when scheduling interview to make sure it was convienient for me. Interview was done with current store manager and another manager from a different store. The process was very enjoyable, especially since I had worked for them years ago. Very relaxed and casual setting, which eased my nervousness.

Interview Questions

• The hardest question was "What do you think your biggest challenge will be if hired?".   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Lynchburg, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Food Lion (Lynchburg, VA) in December 2011.

Interview

3 to 4 people will interview you.. usually the store manager for the store you are applying for and the district manager then the talent coordinator. you have to be able to sell yourself and be able to be as fake as everyone else.
    They do not check education background nor previous employers so you could lie and they would never know. They use to do a background check but I think that they got in trouble for doing so because it was without the associates knowledge, pretty much if you've been convicted of anything other then a dui dwi etc then you wont get hired, they will say they are EOE but they really aren't because HR will tell you that they are sure you can find someone more qualified and let the applicant know that you decided to go with someone with more experience.

Interview Questions

• what is you greatest success
      what is your weakest personality trait
      why do you want to work for us
      describe how you motivate people
      describe how you motivate yourself
      1 Answer

Negotiation

they offered me the job via phone and told me how much I would make and that was it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Food Lion (Greensboro, NC) in October 2011.

Interview

One must apply online for any posted position. Any posting that is available may not be currently available due to the fact that it was not cleared from the job board. Be sure to look for the most current date. If you have any type of criminal background or court judgement, not to include traffic violations then there is no need to apply. Be honest and straight forward. Many of these interviews are business casual. Looking for knowledge with managing people, work experience and profitability and sales. Most are looking for self starters and able to handle change with no walls. Listen to the questions and answer them in whole, not too thorough or animated.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if your morning cashier called out, the safe was $500 short and your DM wants to know why and your fresh departments are blown out?   1 Answer
    • What is one of your weakest traits?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Food Lion (Charlotte, NC) in January 2011.

Interview

Professional,informative,DM very down to earth,very approachable.Interview was in person,brought in my resume.DM really liked it.We talked about my grocery,perishable,FF/Dairy background.Told me about company expectations and job responsibilities.Asked me questions on my background with other companies.My experience running a high volume store was a plus.ASked about starting salaries.He told me it would be submitted to corporate for a background check.I was hired 2 days later.Started work 4 days after initial interview

Interview Questions

• Customer service standards,can you run a stock crew.FF/Dairy standards.Motivating your people.
      90 probationary period