Food Lion Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 31, 2017

1.7

74 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Food Lion.

Interview

Super easy interview where they asked nothing technical. I essentially explained my prior work experience to them, and they made me take a basic IQ test. The manager's are all super friendly and even as a high school student they were very respectful of me and treated me like an adult.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Food Lion

Anonymous Employee in Myrtle Beach, SC

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Food Lion (Myrtle Beach, SC).

Interview

It was a very pleasant experience. They took me to an office and asked very simple questions. Most of the interview was them describing the job duties. Be sure to look in their about us section, big advantage for you if you know things about the company, they will ask! I was offered $8.75

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Food Lion in February 2017.

Interview

Asked a series of questions ranging from personal likes to strengths and weaknesses. Went smooth and fast as there were others waiting to be interviewed after me. Was not given an on spot offer.

Cashier Interview

Interview

a few basic questions why you want to work here. why do you want to work here? are you good with people? can you do basic math? what do you know about food lion?

Interview Questions

• do you have any experience as a cashier. how would you handle angry customers?   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seaford, DE

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Food Lion (Seaford, DE).

Interview

Ask what you would do and why you want to join food lion. Asked have you ever been in certain situations and how you responded to the sitatuation. Asked how much you were seeking

Anonymous Employee in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Food Lion (Greensboro, NC) in September 2016.

Interview

Good,Asking the hiring manager questions is like bringing flowers and chocolates with you.  Not only are you getting more information about the job, you’re showing the interviewer that you genuinely care about the position, the company, and your role should you get hired. count the money flip the baskets run costumer service don't take things personal do your job pick up your check.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Food Lion in August 2016.

Interview

I came in and waited a long time for someone to come talk to me. We went to the back and talked for a while. I was asked several questions and I answered them to the best of my ability.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Food Lion (New York, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

A family member asked if they were hiring, they were so i applied online. A few days later i got a phone call from the store manager. I came in to interview with the manager, i did not receive the job on the spot. I followed up with him a couple of times. After i had followed up with him he asked me to come in to do a second interview with another manager from the store. I did not receive the job on the spot. The manager called me a few days later calling to say i got the job. I came in and got my shirt and to sign some stuff. Overall great people to work with and they are flexible with hours.

Negotiation

I was offered 9$

Anonymous Employee in Goldsboro, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Food Lion (Goldsboro, NC) in June 2016.

Interview

It was a very clear cut interview and short, maybe 20 minutes. They were impressed with my resume. During the interview, we related with a couple personal issues and I explained my prior work experience. After the interview finished, the manager was very impressed and eagerly wanted me to start immediately.

Interview Questions

• How would you resolve a customer complaint?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Food Lion.

Interview

Spoke to the Customer Service Manger about myself and my previous experiences. They wanted to know my days and hours of availability. Have you worked in customer service before and was I comfortable working with customers.