Food Lion Customer Service Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Food Lion Customer Service Manager Interview Questions

Updated Jan 28, 2017

2.5

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Food Lion (Charlotte, NC) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied for the job online. A few days passed and the manager contacted me for an in person interview a few days later. I went in for the interview with numerous years of big box retail management and even managed a government agency branch. Once I arrived to the interview 15m early I still had to wait past the scheduled interview time about 15m. Once the interview started I was told they hadn't been able to download my resume off of there computer. Interview was very easy and short. The manager seemed unprepared to even give the interview. I met the person who was in the position currently she seemed nice. Honestly the interview seemed pointless as I later found out.

Interview Questions

The position I initially interviewed for the manager informed me they chose an internal candidate who was highly qualified. I feel they only chose that person because they had Food Lion experience. I was then offered the Assistant Customer Service Manager position which is the position of the internal candidate they hired. The position was well below my pay grade it only paid $13hr for a crazy retail schedule. Needless to say I declined the offer as it was an insult to my experience and college degree.

Other Interview Reviews for Food Lion

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newton, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Food Lion (Newton, NC).

Interview

First time I applied they tried to offer me another position for a lower pay and I declined they swore I wasn't going to get the compensation I was asking for from the beginning a week later I did. I reapplied for the CSM job a year later and met with the Store Manager and then district a week later for a follow-up interview. This time they wanted to give me assistant store manager promised to call and then never called. I know they do not invest in their team members and like to have outside talent that has been trained already. Nevertheless they are far too unorganized for my me.

Interview Questions

• Your previous grocery experience.   2 Answers

Compensation is non negotiable that's a deal killer at higher positions.

Anonymous Employee in Beaufort, NC

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Food Lion (Beaufort, NC).

Interview

I had spoken with the Store Manager as a Customer about my extensive Management and Project Management experience. I gave him a copy of my resume. Several months later he called me and told about the changes Food Lion were about to go through and asked me if I would like to help make those changes Materialize. I said yes...

Interview Questions

• Since I did the hiring I will talk about basic question I asked everyone...
      1) I have many people for this one job, Why should I hire You?
      2) If I asked your previous manager (or teacher for High school students) what was your best asset, what you they tell me?
      3) followed immediately by If I asked this same person what do you need to improve on what would they say...(this answer carried a lot of weight and you would be surprised how they answer....
      Answer Question

Customer Service Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Food Lion.

Interview

I was hired into the company part time by a friend. The interview for the management position was more conversation and discussion in what the job would entail. It was not really a formal interview process in my situation.

Customer Service Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Food Lion in November 2009.

Interview

I applied online, and then called the Store Manager to discuss my qualifications and show my interest in the job. He asked me to stop by that afternoon, and to bring a resume. I interviewed with the Store Manager, and had a second interview scheduled with the District Manager the next day. After my meeting with the District Manager, I was offered a job. My interview was probably more extensive because it is a management position. I've noticed that interviews for hourly associates go much easier.

Interview Questions

• Describe your management style.   Answer Question
    • What is more of a challenge to you- a difficult customer or a difficult employee?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Don't settle for less than you are worth because raises are between 1-3%. If they are interested in you, they will give you close to what you are asking. Always know what you are willing to work for, and ask for more than that.