Food Lion Deli Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Food Lion Deli Associate Interview Questions

Updated Feb 8, 2017

1.7

Deli Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Food Lion.

Interview

Very easy and laid back, lots of situational questions. There were no awkward moments and the interviewers were very personable which made it easy to be yourself. I got a job offer on the spot and accepted it.

Interview Questions

• If you had an issue with an unhappy customer, how would you handle it?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Food Lion

Anonymous Employee in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Food Lion (Virginia Beach, VA) in January 2017.

Interview

I called to follow up on my application and was offered an interview that day. I went in, and had a formal interview with an assistant store manager and the department manager for where I applied. I was offered the job during the interview and started two days later.

Interview Questions

• What are some of your strengths?   1 Answer
    • What are some of your weaknesses?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They asked me what compensation I was looking for, and offered me a higher wage than I asked.

Deli Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Food Lion.

Interview

Questions about experience, introduction to company tour of facility, questions regarding customer service, meet and greet with managers of departments, introduction to computer systems, filling out of paper work , ordering uniforms, customer service quizzes

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a customer who was asking for help while you were already engaged with another customer   Answer Question

Deli Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Food Lion.

Interview

I put in the app about a week or 2 before I was called in for my initial interview with the deli manager who kept it light but on task and then I had my second interview maybe 3 or 4 days later with the store manager who seemed a little more ridged but was still pleasant to talk to. We went over pretty much the same things I went over in the first interview but when it was all said and done I started later that week. fairly easy interview process.

Interview Questions

• describe how you handled a customer who is unsatisfied with you product or service   Answer Question

Negotiation

during the intial interview I was asked what I was looking for pay wise, and was offered $0.75 less an hour the day I started.

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Food Lion (Charlotte, NC) in May 2015.

Interview

I basically got in through a friend of the family, so therefore there was not an official interview. i just had to report and fill out your typical paper work and take a whole heap of test. Everyone was especially nice and friendly. i have been with the company for almost six months now and i still have not met the manager of the store. I guess by the store size and the number of employees and how little i work it just has not happened yet.

Interview Questions

• When can you Start workinh?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Food Lion (Baltimore, MD) in May 2014.

Interview

Manager looked over application and we discussed some previous employers.We also talked about availability and scheduling. She asked me what kind of money I was looking for. I told her what I needed. Final pay agreement needed to be made by the store manager. I was hired on the spot. No tricky interview questions. Very casual.

Anonymous Employee in Chesapeake, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Food Lion (Chesapeake, VA) in March 2013.

Interview

Very quick and easy

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Varnell, GA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Food Lion (Varnell, GA) in March 2012.

Interview

Easy Interview. Went well. Very basic questions such as availability, Did I have transportation to work,etc. Interviewer was very nice. I wasn't offered the position however.

Anonymous Employee in Hinesville, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Food Lion (Hinesville, GA) in May 2010.

Interview

I met the manager and customer repensenative and they askedme question about work experence

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was working at walmart at the time and just told them i would leave for .50 an hour more

Deli Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Food Lion in January 2011.

Interview

I was brought in to interview for a position that I had not even applied to. When I told which position I wanted to work, the manager shifted things around and made an open position for me. They did go through a booklet of interview questions before finding out that I wasn't there for a management position.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I asked for minimun wage and was offered well above that. I had a minor conflict that would affect certain days that I could and could not work and they gave me the days off that I needed. I think if you are just upfront and honest with the hiring manager, you are more than likely going to get the job you went in to apply for. The process was very easy and laid back.