Food Lion Grocery Stocker Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Food Lion Grocery Stocker Interview Questions

1.0

8 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Murrells Inlet, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Food Lion (Murrells Inlet, SC) in January 2016.

Interview

Easy usual questions. Hired on the spot. They asked where I worked and if I was okay with night shifts like 8pm-4am for truck nights. They asked about prior jobs and what I can bring to the team.

Interview Questions

• What made you pick foodlion?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Food Lion

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Food Lion (Baltimore, MD) in May 2014.

Interview

Manager simply took me around the store, asked basic questions about why I'm interested and what my schedule was like. Nothing difficult to answer, even remotely. Mostly just wanted to know what kind of person I was, which makes sense given the position. After the interview, we immediately discussed pay, where they gave me a rate without having to bargain over it.

Anonymous Employee in Augusta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Food Lion (Augusta, GA) in September 2013.

Interview

you will be interview by the store manager who will will ask you a few simple questions and make you really comfortable during the job interview. they will show you the stock room and the interview will take place in the break room and you may meet different employees.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Food Lion (Virginia Beach, VA) in August 2013.

Interview

The interview was conducted by the grocery department manager, and he wasn't too smart. The questions askked were completely irrelevant and he seemed to be unsure of what to ask next. Honesty, I mostly toyed with him, answering his questions open ended responses and wordy answers that said nothing. The interviewer then talked about how hard he makes people work and generally talked big game, which I simply played along with. He said he would call me back in a few days if interested in hiring me. I told him that would be fine and that I would consider his business if I wasn't hired elsewhere by the time he called me back (warning: being this arrogant is ill advised, I wasn't serious and was too busy having fun running laps around this clown intellectually). He called me back to offer the job that same evening, I declined. I don't know how this guy became management, but he was a terrible interviewer.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any issues with working on a team of mostly black people?   1 Answer

I could not seeing myself working under someone with such an intellectual deficit. The problem would not have been that he wasn't very smart, not everyone can be gifted, but that he thought he was a genius, hard working playboy.

Anonymous Employee in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Food Lion (Virginia Beach, VA) in September 2012.

Interview

No real interview was givin. It was more or less about hours and hourly pay.
    The turnover is rate is high so the interview process is quicker than most places.
    The overall interview also focused on customer service and general expectations.

Interview Questions

• How well do you work with a team?
      Can you stay pass a given time?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Murfreesboro, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Food Lion (Murfreesboro, NC) in July 2012.

Interview

Very brief interview, as might be expected for such an entry level job. Interview was actually held in conjunction with two other applicants. All of us had basically already been accepted, the interview was just a formality really. Most of the questions were questions about qualifications for the job such as being over 18 or not, being legal to work in the US and other such questions.

Interview Questions

• They asked simple questions like why we wanted to work there, what our goals were with the company. Some questions about any previous experience, but nothing really challenging.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Aiken, SC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Food Lion (Aiken, SC) in September 2011.

Interview

It was like most interviews in the grocery business. It's much easier to get into a grocery store if you know someone on the inside. I did which made the interview very casual.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was none. I was told my starting pay, and my start date.

Grocery Stocker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Food Lion in April 2009.

Interview

Applied online. Manager told me to come int he next day. He asked me a few easy questions like will I be able to show up on time, am I a good worker, do I have a pulse, etc. And was called a day later and was told I got the job.